It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students berate professor who refused to participate in no-whites ‘Day of Absence’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So this year they made the black students stay on campus and attend anti-racism workshops and seminars? I can't say I disagree with that in any way. Sad that it looks like nothing was learned by at least the ones who protested the professor (who had a fairly intelligent comment from what I can see.)

Progress away from a nation with a racism problem is proving difficult with this type of divisive nonsense.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

And he had a whole bunch of stupid in his face and he stood toe to toe with them.

Keep in mind that his "racist" statement was basically that everyone has the right to free speech without concern of color.

And the students had a problem with that simple statement.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Racism against any race is still racism... so your statement of

the only reason you feel that way is white privilege.

is entirely false. "The only reason I feel that way...", no. White privilege doesn't negate racism.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Here ya go

edit on 25-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And he had a whole bunch of stupid in his face and he stood toe to toe with them.

Keep in mind that his "racist" statement was basically that everyone has the right to free speech without concern of color.

And the students had a problem with that simple statement.

So this professor believes in equality in terms of free speech and the protestors have a problem with it.

So what do they expect him to say? To believe?

Everyone should have the right to free speech except men? Except Asians? Except Caucasians?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Did you not see the devils advocate in parentheses?

Devil's advocate
In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position they do not necessarily agree with (or simply an alternative position from the accepted norm), for the sake of debate or to explore the thought further.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Well everyone should have free speech that agrees with the unruly mob.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That is a good point.

What is the end game? I really would like to know.

I bet it is full of non measurable platitudes, like reducing white privilege or decreasing micro aggression.

Silly, these college students need something to do.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

When they get jobs they will turn a well oiled company that is working fine into a goat screw of discontent and accusations.

Release the law suits.....

What gets me is I know people in the US who are too worried about even taking days off when they're unwell, due to living in at will states, and job security is nil. Working 10 hours a day for peanuts, and god forbid they need to fix their car or something due to an unexpected twist of fate.

Let the snowflakes who are so self important work in those places, and get fired for being morons, and give the people who want to work some job security, financial security, peace of mind that their efforts are appreciated.

It's a different world down here, unfair dismissal laws, OH&S that ensures a safe working environment (used to be like the US 20-30 years ago, I remember diving into a 44 gallon drum of formaldehyde while mixing up glue to bake beams for bridges, and no one used the mask provided..) and in some places you cannot be fired unless you actually commit a crime, so the worst you get is redeployment to another department or another area of the sector.

^ that last part is what keeps worthless workers employed here. Permanency in the government sector... but it's hard to get.

I guess the difference is, over there anyone can walk into a place and ask for work. Here, you need a resume a mile long, references, qualifications (even to work in a laundry ffs) and the number of applicants means that you never get a call back.

Probably why the snowflakes here are not as apathetic after university. Macdonalds wouldn't tolerate them skipping work to hug each other.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

LOL - #in idiots.

What would be a great idea for a TV show is to follow these students from graduation through to parenthood, career and the whole shooting match so everyone can see first hand what their 'education' has equipped them with for the real world.

I'd be a hoot to watch - there would be sackings, physical altercations, a gradual realization about the importance of money and not relying on government and a whole list of things that would basically amount to one huge pwning.

Lol a modern version of Seven Up..

Would definitely be interesting..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

At will is a horrible deal for the average Joe. But people vote it in.

These youngins are not going to enjoy work, it sucks and it is nothing like what the professors fill their heads with. The idiots are buying it though. It is going to be epic to see the melt downs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have seen these sorts of SJW protest videos daily for weeks now. The sheer stupidity is amazing.

One thing I love to do when they scream Im racist because Im white and the white man owned slaves, is to point out the following:

1. under 10% of American families (overall) owned slaves
2. Less in the EU countries
3. Muslims were big into selling their African brothers and sisters into slavery

But hell, bring up point 3 and sweet Jesus the REEEEEEEEEEEEE that comes out of their mouth is painful. Because history IS black and white (most of these SJW's only count the rest of the world past WWII)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
George Wallace and Strom Thurmond are sharing a six pack somewhere in celebration...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
DONT CALL ME WHITE

I'm caucasian

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is a video of the incident:
Liveleak

They call him a white supremacist, because he is against segregation.

What's wrong with todays left?

It 's beyond ridiculous. These kind of students make me (a life long Democrat) vote for Trump.

edit on 26-5-2017 by svetlana84 because: added video link

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wow just watched the video.

They are a bunch of useless nitwits.

90 percent of the kids in that video are sub par intellectually and its sad that they represent the future of the united states.

Seriously if thats the future of the usa, people of that stunningly low caliber, then the usa is utterly screwed. Grab your stuff and move to another country where this level of idiocy doesnt exist, cause america is a joke right now and our latest generation of americans are useless ignorant entitled garbage.
edit on 26-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: FamCore

The only reason you feel that way is white privilege. (devil's advocate)

Try to prove you don't have white privilege.

I got college loans and actually paid them back.
Some privilege huh?

So you are saying you were privileged enough to get a loan?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

At will is a horrible deal for the average Joe. But people vote it in.

These youngins are not going to enjoy work, it sucks and it is nothing like what the professors fill their heads with. The idiots are buying it though. It is going to be epic to see the melt downs.

Funny. I work in an at will state and at a part-time job. If I need a day, I take it. I am just sure to cover my bases and let everyone know I'm out. I also never take "sick of work" sick days.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

What gets me is I know people in the US who are too worried about even taking days off when they're unwell, due to living in at will states, and job security is nil. Working 10 hours a day for peanuts, and god forbid they need to fix their car or something due to an unexpected twist of fate.

I work in an at will state and can take tons of days off without even giving a reason.

I grew up in MA and all the stuff I grew up "learning" has proven to be more fabrication than fact once I moved to the South.
edit on 27-5-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join