It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 37 banks to 4 in just 20 years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Link to expandable chart.

This is How 37 Banks Became 4 In 20 Years.

This chart shows us how, over the last couple of decades, 37 banks have became just 4 mega-banks.

These same 4 mega-banks have, thus far, been immune to the consequences of any and all of their terrible decisions that places the entire world economy in jeopardy.

This is not an uncommon pattern.

Since the Federal Reserve/banker initiated Great Depression, big banks have made it part of their mission statement to buy out and take over the potential competition.

It happened then, it happened during the Savings and Loan crisis under Reagan and its happening now.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is only 1 bank, The Federal Reserve.

Good thread, S&F

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A few more to add to this great op/title

Scary indeed; the light is near

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Many were "too big to fail" before. Now look what we have... "What could go wrong?"

Tick.. tock..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Funny how it works. Just shows more of the oligarchy. Wachovia dissolved in Wells Fargo, which nearly or is just as corrupt.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Could it have something to do with Clinton repealing Glass-Steagall roughly 20 years ago? And thanks to Obama administration Dodd-Frank Act, it's only going to get worse. Smaller banks have almost no chance.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great thread.

It is interesting to me because in our town the absolute reverse is true. In the early '90s we had only four banks in our town, three of them were locally owned. All three of the locally owned banks were gobbled up in a period of three years by the megabank system. Some local folks got together and started up another local bank so now we have one local bank and probably 30 megabank branches. We were recently laughing at the fact that there used to be a service station on every other corner of the town whereas now, there is not a single service station in the town but we have a bank on every corner.

I also find it interesting that if you walk into any of the megabank branches and ask for $5000 in cash, they tell you that you need to give them 24 hours notice before withdrawing more than $1000 in cash. At my bank they say, "How do want that cash? Hundreds or twenties?" And since I've known the president since he was a small boy, they don't even ask to see my ID! As much as I despise the international banksters, I appreciate my local bank and the folks who work there.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

This guy gets it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: eXia7

This guy gets it.

Yep, must be a trader.....fed voted in on a Saturday the day after Christmas with four people present......yep

True friggin story....

edit on 25-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coz I had to tell the world

edit on 25-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wonderful information and graphic.

Well Done.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i walk around new york city. i see lots of small businesses closing down, lots of store fronts for rent. so many vaccant stores/restaurants.

what do i see being opened?
banks and pharmacies.

the globalists got the city of new york where they want them. in debt to internati0nalist law, and drugged up so they do not realize their sevitude.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
These four banks were bailed out or should I say given tax payer money so they could continue raping the American people.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Great thread! Its easy to see now why instead of gaining interest on an account (as you did 20 years ago), nowadays, you're actually paying for the 'privilage' of having an account.

I am curious, do the smallest banks listed have other smaller, regional type banks under them? Im just thinking of some of the banks (from my area) that I dont see listed. Such as US Bank, TCF , and Tri-City...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Please Disregard my question in my previous post. I got to looking for myself, and seen that they do. TriCity and TCF are held by Holding Corps, and with less than 50 locations, are small fries that havent been soaked up yet...
Thanks again for this GREAT thread!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

And you were receiving interest and now paying interest on FIAT money...

Imagine if I were a storyteller and wanted to charge you for words coming out of mouth - would you pay?

Maybe you would if I was a comedian...and yet we pay banks to tell us "promises" that they can never be held accountable for

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is true... but I still prefered the illusion rather than the reality.
A few years ago I closed out my 401k and bought precious Metals with the money after learning about the "illusion", so that might make me a Hippocrate. Its an unwinnable situation for all of us, unless we start a bank branch and get bought out!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Brian4real

And you were receiving interest and now paying interest on FIAT money...

Imagine if I were a storyteller and wanted to charge you for words coming out of mouth - would you pay?

Maybe you would if I was a comedian...and yet we pay banks to tell us "promises" that they can never be held accountable for

You probably would appreciate this little gem of an interview :

City Of London has " academically " been told to " Go German " .

City Of London are responsible for Banking industry creating and maintaing the illusion that they " Lend Money" ; in reality they " Create Credit " based on debt and they use fiat currency as the tool.

Ring Of Steel around London takes on a different meaning indeed .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Its an unwinnable situation for all of us, unless we start a bank branch and get bought out!

Ironically this is exactly where the remedy to be found.

Your " Person " has more or less the same rights a " Bank " has .

Internet allows everyone to own a Bank of their own .

Why don't we each own a Bank of our own ?

edit on 27-5-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The banks make a huge amount of money off of us through interest and fees, yet people blame their financial problems on the government, why is that???

www.nerdwallet.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The banks make a huge amount of money off of us through interest and fees, yet people blame their financial problems on the government, why is that???

www.nerdwallet.com...

Banks owns the Governments .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join