It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Dems Just Steal Montana's House Seat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It might be too late:

But the prospects that the altercation would tip the race to Mr. Quist were complicated by Montana’s early-voting tradition: More than half the estimated total ballots in the contest had already been returned

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't think that even his own party liked him:

“He’s the problem,” Corry Bliss, who runs a “super PAC” aligned with House Republicans, said of Mr. Gianforte. When the contest began, Mr. Bliss said, private polling showed that Mr. Gianforte was as unpopular as he was popular, a leftover result of his failed campaign for governor last year.

www.nytimes.com...

(From same article)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

originally posted by: Liquesence

Did the Dems Just Steal Montana's House Seat?

Soooo, democrats "stole" the house seat? Democrats forced Giaforte to assault the guy (grab him, throw him down, start beating the # out of him)? Democrats are in collusion with the Fox reporter and the producer who saw the whole thing, in order to lie?

So much for personal responsibility. *eye roll*

Just blame the democrats.

"Giaforte was a VICTIM!" Wahhhh!

My god.

americanlookout.com...

The initial report that went viral about a Montana Republican candidate Greg Gianforte grabbing a reporter by the neck with both hands – is not true as the witness who reported it admits it never happened.

She didn't say it never happened.

I saw both his hands go up, not around his neck in a strangling type of way, but more just on each side of his neck, just grabbed him
Your source. Read it.

And as I have said three times (this will be the fourth time), grabbing someone by the neck and throwing them to the ground before you beat them and grabbing someone by the collar and throwing them to the ground before you beat them is not that different in the larger context.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle
Gianforte seems a bit of a nutter according to the wikipedia page...

"There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today. Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach... The example I think of is Noah. How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical."

edit on 25-5-2017 by D8Tee because: Jesus made me do it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

before you beat them
Were punches thrown? The audio doesn't indicate that...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The reporters lied, the audio recording has been faked, the sheriff is in on it, fox news is to blame, bigfoot is real and I'll believe anything I hear that makes liberals/journalists look bad because Sean Hannity's haircut told me so in a dream.

Does that about cover it?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
It might be too late:

But the prospects that the altercation would tip the race to Mr. Quist were complicated by Montana’s early-voting tradition: More than half the estimated total ballots in the contest had already been returned

www.nytimes.com...

I hope that's true. The Republicans need to hold on to every seat they have.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

“He’s the problem,” Corry Bliss, who runs a “super PAC” aligned with House Republicans, said of Mr. Gianforte. When the contest began, Mr. Bliss said, private polling showed that Mr. Gianforte was as unpopular as he was popular, a leftover result of his failed campaign for governor last year.

www.nytimes.com...

(From same article)

Some Republicans are very quick to throw their own teammates under the bus.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There were multiple witnesses. Deposistion have been taken and Gianforte has lawyered up.

Real cowboys don't respect bullys, not even republicans. Even if he wins his office has been tainted and he will be mocked everydamn day. His best strategy would be to apologize and say I'm sorry, I was stressed out.

www.foxnews.com...

You reap what you sow...Galatians 6:7
edit on 25-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Liquesence

before you beat them
Were punches thrown? The audio doesn't indicate that...

The eyewitness account does indicate that.

Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs,
[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html]Link[/u rl]

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

(From same article)

Some Republicans are very quick to throw their own teammates under the bus.

Nobody. Likes. Him.

He is crazy as a bucket of frogs and a self interested poser to boot.

We are old fashioned. We still like to try to hold our representative leaders to a higher standard and we expect self control. He doesn't have it. It's part of the culture. He doesn't get it. This idiot clearly does not represent our values.

Having said that, Quist isn't much better. Better, but by a hair; he's a kook but at least he is capable of some self possession. What a joke politics is these days. It's a circus.

edit on 25-5-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

How did you ever wind up with a religious nutter from California running for the Republicans in Montana?

The world has gone mad.

edit on 25-5-2017 by D8Tee because: fixed party that Giafonte is running for

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

How did you ever wind up with a religious nutter from California running for the Democrats in Montana?

The world has gone mad.

Rob Quist was born in Cut Bank. What are you talking about?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: AboveBoard

Democrat Rob Quist, a 69 yr old cowboy and first time politician is almost certain to take Montana’s sole seat in the US House because of this “fight.”
Thats BS there ain't any liberal cowboys. Maybe a wanna be cowboy.

I'm quoting Yahoo News (yeah, I know -- lousy source) they describe Quist as a "cowboy."

Ummm...well...you do understand what a...cow poke...is right...?

And cow boy has some special connotations all it's own...

So yep...I could definitely see the resemblance...

YouSir

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: UKTruth
The timing does seem odd, however even if this was a set up, it required Giaforte to play his part and take the bait. He did, so he can only blame himself. Don;t get me wrong, I have no sympathy for that reporter, however Gioforte let people down. If he was going to kick the reporters ass, do it after the election.

I believe that reporter grabbed Giaforte's wrist and took him down to make it look like a fight.

The witnesses - from Fox News - disagree.

Fox News has turned into Mainstream Media, aka Zombie News, they have no credibility.

Foxilla

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Democrat Rob Quist, a 69 yr old cowboy and first time politician is almost certain to take Montana’s sole seat in the US House because of this “fight.”

I'm quoting Yahoo News (yeah, I know -- lousy source) they describe Quist as a "cowboy."

YouSir

Ahahahahahaha...

Shut up.

You don't know s**t from shinola.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

How did you ever wind up with a religious nutter from California running for the Democrats in Montana?

The world has gone mad.

Rob Quist was born in Cut Bank. What are you talking about?

Ouch,, my mistake, I meant Republicans, sorry. Was a case of distracted typing. I was meaning to refer to Gianforte. I'm going to go back and edit Democrats to Republicans.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

This is exactly what happens to republicans more times than not...getting accused of a crime or some deed.

Scott Walker, Rick Perry, etc... I'm astonished that Hillary actually got the same treatment. But the over whelming majority, it is Reps getting the shaft.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...cool...raw nerve...I especially like your avatar...cowboy...

YouSir

Ahahahahahaha...

Shut up.

You don't know s**t from shinola.

Ummm...cool...raw nerve...I especially like your avatar...cowboy...

YouSir

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

*sigh*

I'm a girl.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what a real man is though, so I'm about as close as you're going to get in your lifetime. So I guess I'll forgive the mistake.

*Edited to Add*

Besides my avatar is just a nod to my Welsh heritage.

Only Montanans get to make the "Velcro Chaps" jokes. If you're not from here, or at least from somewhere ah.... agricultural, let's say, it's just rude.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join