It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greg Gianforte's assault on a Reporter on Election Day!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If a reporter is close enough to get thrown down.

That's a personal space violation.

What did they expect was going to happen?

So that justifies assault?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wouldn't call anyone that works for the guardian to be a 'reporter'.

Ben Jacobs is nothing but a political HACK.

www.theguardian.com...

Oh yeah that guys a real winner.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So some idiot decided to put his hands on another person, meh.
His consequences to deal with.

I was reading this, stopped at the republican thing.

People of all political sides do stupid thing.

It doesn't matter.

People as a whole do some really stupid $hit.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I see. So now you're moving on to trying to attack the credibility of the victim.

Great form Neo. I would expect nothing less from you.

How long until you somehow spin this into a 2nd Amendment argument like usual???

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Even bother clicking on any of those links on the guardian website ?

Clearly not.

Trump/Republicans.

Interesting for a 'political reporter'.

Only reports on a single side.

But hey.

WHO CARES.

I don't.

Dudes not from Montana to begin with.

He's out of DC.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

They have to do damage control and shift the narrative for their own confirmation biases.

We know there is a right wing haven here to push that agenda by a large number of members. Whether that is coincidence or simply a conspiracy I'm not sure. I'm not sure what an echo chamber achieves in itself (except for stars and flag), but the attempt to automatically spin the narrative and discredit anything that does not fit with that narrative is quite troubling.

Could that all be just a coincidence?? Or perhaps a conspiracy in itself to simply get others to believe a lie over the truth??

This reminds me of an article I read some time ago about the attempt at propaganda by certain Eastern European countries (and Russia): making people question EVERYTHING that comes up and is reported, thinking everything is fake, and only the "official" account is therefore to be believed. THAT just might be the conspiracy, and I have never seen anything like it until this past year. And the seeds have been well sown.

edit on 25-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You're absolutely right. I think that is the real conspiracy in plain sight right now too. I've noticed it everywhere too not just here.

Youtube comments, social media comments, practically everywhere in fact. Anywhere anyone says anything in a comment section, even places that have nothing to do with politics or anything.

There is a massive campaign of spinning the narrative like that and shutting down what others say. They're always the same kinds of posts too. It's literally like spoon fed comments from the echo chamber. They are usually very rude, offensive and bitter and hateful too.

Like there has been a huge infection across all publicly accessible media and it's all engineered to push one very limited perception of things which also just happens to shield and push the problems we have today to cause even more damage.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Considering how Russia and certain others infiltrated twitter and other social media sites during the election to spin the narrative and influence public opinion (which has largely worked), it's not surprising there is a real conspiratorial campaign there to continue the propaganda aimed at sowing doubt in everything. And it seems to be working.

There seems to coordinated attempted—by a number of factions (I don't know what all)—to infect public opinion via social media, here and everywhere.
edit on 25-5-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Agreed 100%. It's much more advanced that many people realize too. Because of places like Cambridge Analytical and others, they are now not only able to target individual people with news and info just for them but with advanced algorithms they are able to know you personally and manipulate you with incredible accuracy.

Just from a handful of data points or even nothing more than what you "like" or "dislike" on facebook alone they claim to be able to know you better than your friends, parents and even yourself.

You combine those two abilities, to really know someone by breaking down their social/online imprint plus the ability to target them individually through media and other sources then add in a multitude of fake and bias media sources which are only there to push a false message and you have the most advanced and powerful propaganda machine ever known.

I don't think most people know how advanced it's become. Even I didn't realize it until I looked into it just how amazing it really was. What's even more scary is that I'm sure it's even more advanced now then what I learned about just months ago.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ketsuko

Nobody is changing anything other than the spin doctors as they try and reverse the truth once again.

So the eyewitness is now a spin doctor?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, you are the spin doctor and nobody is changing their story either.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Gianforte had this happen to him before from these idiots.

He said so on the audio. I don't blame him for crunching that moron, he had it coming.

Why do people think a "reporter" is anymore special than anyone else?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nobody is special here.

Gianforte assaulted another person. Plain and simple.

Which you openly admit you support. Well good for you. You're taking the side of the assaulter out of partisan bias or some form of spite against Journalism, or perhaps Truth, or against Democrats, who knows what exactly.

But I'm glad you posted that here for all to see exactly what you're all about.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Gianforte had this happen to him before from these idiots.

Had what happen? Being questioned by a member of the press about his position on policy for being a public official/servant? LOL Get real.

Yeah, as a public official of course he going to get questioned—persistently. Don't like it, don't run for office or put yourself in the public light. Don't expect to be shielded when you're a public official—servant—and serve the public.

That is no justification for assault. Those who say it is are part of the problem and don't respect democracy or the first amendment.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You do great until you bring out the broad brush.

This guys an asshole. Has nothing to do with republicans, or any other affiliation. I know republicans who are cowardly....so what does that say about your broad brush?

What blows my mind is the limp response from the reporter. Someone is manhandling him and the best he can muster is a play by play of his ass whooping in a hurt/accusatory voice? There is a reason that people do things like bully and intimidate...and this is an example of that reason.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There is a reason that people do things like bully and intimidate...and this is an example of that reason.

I agree with the broad brush aspect, but can you expand on this comment?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Predators prey on the weak.

When i was in 6th grade there was a kid who'd flunked 3 times in 6th grade at the new school i was going to. He bullied all the other kids, except 2 other boys (who'd both flunked and were a bit older/bigger). I was much larger than all of them (i hit 6 ft, 220 lbs by then). I never really confronted him because he only picked on other people, and i was new. But one day he came running at me from the side, trying to sucker me. Due to my terrible forward vision in that eye, my peripheral vision is good enough I can read larger text out of the corner of my eye, so i saw him coming, swung around, and popped him in the ear as i sidestepped him. Split his ear open on the top and he had to leave to get stitches.

I put an end to bullying in that 6th grade class that day.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you saying this politician bullied and intimidated the reporter because he knew the reporter would not retaliate or act in self-defense?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There is no reason for responsible adults to engage in violence.

I only wish more people were responsible adults.

I've watched the anti-Trump, anti-Republican media getting more out of control by the day, ever since January 20th. I don't know what really went down, but around here, if you shove something into some else's face, it would be wise to make sure you don't want to keep it. You might just pull back a nub.

I'll withhold judgement until I have more facts... what led up to the confrontation? What did the previous Guardian reporter get away with? Those things matter to normal people. And in the meantime, I believe Mr. Choke-Slam won.... that tells me his constituents didn't see this the way the media does.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Im saying the reporters failure to defend himself only made this behavior more likely. People who act out violently at minor provocations also tend to be violent in other areas of their lives, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join