It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Nato Speech 25/2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

Yup. I saw them laughing at him.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
He's talking about threats from Russia, while at the same time signing the biggest arms deal in the American history with the biggest terrorism supporters in the world...but hey, if Trump says the Middle Eastern countries said they will stop funding terrorists, we should believe them.

Why did i expect anything different from a American president?
edit on 439k2017Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Perhaps you could drop the attitude, but nice way to deflect the points raised, I expected no less

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Say what you will but Trump is a great leader and one that America needed badly.

The respect he has recieved on the world stage despite the deliberate demonization campaign is a good sign and refreshing to witness.

If Trump is respected on the world stage, it's as a clown. I respect him for that aspect of his personality, he is very entertaining.

www.ctvnews.ca...

And despite Trumps trip, his poll numbers in the US are still declining.

www.usnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Say what you will but Trump is a great leader and one that America needed badly.

The respect he has recieved on the world stage despite the deliberate demonization campaign is a good sign and refreshing to witness.

If Trump is respected on the world stage, it's as a clown. I respect him for that aspect of his personality, he is very entertaining.

www.ctvnews.ca...

And despite Trumps trip, his poll numbers in the US are still declining.

www.usnews.com...

Depends which poll you look at... would have thought you'd learned your lesson by now after the election...
All the propaganda - unprecedented propaganda - and you liberals still can't break his base.

edit on 25/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Perhaps you could drop the attitude, but nice way to deflect the points raised, I expected no less

You only had misguided, uninformed points. I addressed them for you with the link.
No thanks required.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't like to rely on anyone's judgment other than my own, especially the media's. I trust my 2 eye balls more.

Hey, atleast you still respect him in some manner.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No, you didn't. All you did was quite rudely point out what the "south" meant

Where did you address the threat of Russia ?
Where did you address him cosying up with the largest sponsor of terrorism ?

You can drop the self righteous sanctimonious attitude it's rather boring

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

No, you didn't. All you did was quite rudely point out what the "south" meant

Where did you address the threat of Russia ?
Where did you address him cosying up with the largest sponsor of terrorism ?

You can drop the self righteous sanctimonious attitude it's rather boring

Like i said - follow events from time to time.
The threat on Russia is well known, even to those who live in the wilderness.
There was rather extensive coverage on the trip to Saudi and exactly what he said to them about terrorism.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Come on, man, let's get serious.

By mentioning this imaginary threat from Russia, he's pandering to Germany, and all of the mainstream media. Sadly, the pressure he's been under for such a long time, finally took it's toe.

And secondly, he literally said that in the meetings with leaders of the Middle Eastern countries, they swore they will stop funding terrorists, while at the same time signing the biggest arms deal in the American history with them. Is that not foolish to say the least to you?
edit on 458k2017Thursdayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Come on, man, let's get serious.

By mentioning this imaginary threat from Russia, he's pandering to Germany, and all of the mainstream media. Sadly, the pressure he's been under for such a long time, finally took it's toe.

And secondly, he literally said that in the meetings with leaders of the Middle Eastern countries, they swore they will stop funding terrorists, while at the same time signing the biggest arms deal in the American history with them. Is that not foolish to say the least to you?

I agree he is pandering about Russia - but you have to give a little to get what you want. Russia are not a threat beyond the usual spying and political influence... but then every country is a threat in that regard.

As for the ME - he's played his first card. Actually addressing terrorism in Riyadh is a good step. KSA is not like many other countries. If the Royal Family want to put a stop to terrorist support within their country they can do it almost overnight. He's given them something, but they are now on the clock.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Also, has nobody managed to explain to Trump that NATO isn't an organisation aimed at combating terrorism? That's not what NATO is.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Also, has nobody managed to explain to Trump that NATO isn't an organisation aimed at combating terrorism? That's not what NATO is.

It is now. They have bowed to his demands.
I assume you are pleased.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Sorry to tell you, but NATO lost it's purpose 27 years ago, and it has been purposeless since then.

Now, they will at least have something to justify the existence of that organization. It was about time the superpowers stopped using NATO for overthrowing governments they dislike, and destroying countries in the process, and actually commit to defeating terrorists that threaten to jeopardize our every day life

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Hopefully you don't think it's a laughing matter and maybe they do BUT I do not. I would arguably state that most Americans do not think its a laughing matter as well. I know for a fact most Americans have people in their family who died on some of those European leaders country's land. They weren't laughing then when Americans were fighting an evil dictator and Regine that was threatening the whole landmass of Europe. My grandad's brother died in France and barely had anything left of his body to be shipped home. So again these pukes who laugh at our country's president when he points out that we have been funding most of the defense of NATO need to grow up. Many others do as well!
edit on 25-5-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

We agree on that.....

To think that American military men and women won't be killed by those arms is so stupid. How will they track, where and who SA gives those arms to.

But it's Trump styled capitalism so I guess it's ok. To some of us that served....it's Treason.
edit on 25-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Nikola014

We agree on that.....

To think that American military men and women won't be killed by those arms is so stupid. How will they track, where and who SA gives those arms to.

But it's Trump styled capitalism so I guess it's ok. To some of us that served....it's Treason.

It certainly a new strategy, moving away from directly funding terrorists that the US did under Obama. Its transparent too as opposed to unmarked bills flown in the dead of night, so there's that too.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So everyone here thinks his speech was totally inappropriate. Like I said.

You know when I know I'm right. When I get on here and everyone disagrees with me. Lol

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I liked it. It was a combination of solidarity and soft chastisement.

I loved the fact that he said it wasn't fair to The American Taxpayers. (Another promise reiterated...Americans first...finally.)

Pay your fair share, NATO, and pay up on your back fees!!

They don't pay NATO a dime. The agreement is that all nations in NATO will spend 2% of their GDP on defense. All Trump did with his American taxpayer comment was to show his ignorance on the matter.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: queenofswords
I liked it. It was a combination of solidarity and soft chastisement.

I loved the fact that he said it wasn't fair to The American Taxpayers. (Another promise reiterated...Americans first...finally.)

Pay your fair share, NATO, and pay up on your back fees!!

They don't pay NATO a dime. The agreement is that all nations in NATO will spend 2% of their GDP on defense. All Trump did with his American taxpayer comment was to show his ignorance on the matter.

Trump didn't claim that they were not paying NATO... he said that they were not honouring their commitment to spend 2% on defence... perhaps you should look more deeply and not show your ignorance on this matter...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join