It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Team Stands by Budget’s $2 Trillion Math Error

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yes - it says 2 TRILLION.

Really? This is who you want running the US government?

www.nbcnews.com...

President Donald Trump's newly unveiled budget contains a massive accounting error that uses the same money twice for two different purposes.

and then there is this (in the same piece):

White House budget director Mick Mulvaney didn't deny the math, saying it was done "on purpose," during a press briefing Tuesday.

And finally from Larry Summers who is guilty of his own creative accounting:

"It appears to be the most egregious accounting error in a presidential budget in the nearly 40 years I have been tracking them."

Other sources are calling it out and out fraud:

It seems difficult to imagine how this administration could figure out how to design and pass a tax cut that could pay for itself when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush failed to come anywhere close to doing so. If there is a group of economic minds with the special genius to accomplish this historically unprecedented feat, it is probably not the fiscal minds who just made a $2 trillion basic arithmetic error.

nymag.com...

And, of course,

Economists around the country are calling foul on a $2 trillion sleight of hand in the budget OMB Director Mick Mulvaney released while popular vote loser Donald Trump is away. It's either a dose of the kind of magical budget thinking House Speaker Paul Ryan perfected while he was chairman of the House budget committee,

the above from the Daily KOS

There's plenty more ... this is made up folks.

And then there is the issue of nobody posting this on ATS .....

I know the Troll in Chief couldn't do the math correctly - but he can't even hire managers to ensure the accuracy of his numbers - they just make them up out of wishing upon a star, I recon. The most delusional group of morons the world has ever seen. Not to mention dangerous and pathological.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Pfffft... Trump and his team obviously did this on purpose, they even said so.

Also, where was this kind of outrage when Obama made a $2 trillion budgeting mistake? Also Hillary belongs in jail and liberals are snowflakes.

Nothing to see here my fellow Trump supporters, move along.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How the hell do you double down on a 2 trillion dollar error, oh I get it, it's just a bunch of zeros, fake news nothing to see here.
Team Trump will back him and Mulvaney regardless.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hasn't every administration made errors in budgets?

How many times has the pentagon just lost money, billions?

They always get away with it because it becomes partisan.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

everyone and every administration has done shady # either on accident or on purpose.

that does not make this ok

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How does what happened in the past negate what is happening right now? If anything you are only proving that Trump is exactly like every other politician and president seeing as how he keeps on repeating the same mistakes they did.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Pfffft... Trump and his team obviously did this on purpose, they even said so.

Also, where was this kind of outrage when Obama made a $2 trillion budgeting mistake? Also Hillary belongs in jail and liberals are snowflakes.

Nothing to see here my fellow Trump supporters, move along.

This is not a sound or valid argument. It is an example of a"Tu Quoque" logical fallacy.

It is also out of the propoganda playbook of 'plausible deniability' and only those with no defence for their behavior use such aberrant tactics. It's the strategy of confusion, nothing more.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No - only a stupid executive would allow such a blatant idiotacy. Stupid and incompetent.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I know, I was being sarcastic.

It was pretty convincing though wasn't it?

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's far from OK...

I can't wait for the usual suspects to come through and glaze over this one, too.

When are people going to open their eyes?

Actually, some people are. Maybe not on this forum... at least the ones who keep posting like the President Manbaby is doing the best job of any POTUS, evarrrr.........

But in the land of reality, people are starting to see him for the pile of flabby skinned, terrible fake tan spray, bad hair pieced pack of lies that he is.

The whole administration is a joke. Take a bow, America. We are the laughing stock of the entire planet.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It all comes down to this simple question...would you rather get screwed out of 2 trillion by mistake or by design? Because no matter what Admin is in charge we are getting screwed out of trillions.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not a valid argument.

A prior mistake/crime/whatever you want to call it doesn't justify the current case - EVER. And only the ignorant believe it does.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If anything you are only proving that Trump is exactly like every other politician and president seeing as how he keeps on repeating the same mistakes they did.

That's my point, and they have all sucked since WWII.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

everyone and every administration has done shady # either on accident or on purpose.

that does not make this ok

I didn't say anything about it being OK.

All I said was if you make it look partisan their are enough people to defend the person in question.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Not a valid argument.

A prior mistake/crime/whatever you want to call it doesn't justify the current case - EVER. And only the ignorant believe it does.

yeah but it is always what about when hillary...

what about when obama.......

there is always a deflection.

they will be in shortly to tell us why this is no big deal and we are making a big deal out of and cause we are triggered.
its going to happen

i would just like to see at least for once one/some of the trumpets to come in and say yeah, thats #ed up....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How does what happened in the past negate what is happening right now? If anything you are only proving that Trump is exactly like every other politician and president seeing as how he keeps on repeating the same mistakes they did.

Because Trump ran his campaign on how he was the best businessman ever, the smartest man with the smartest people, and he could do everything better. He was gonna get rid of the waste, the corruption, the 'bad (sick) hombres,' reign in the overspending, etc.

Trump supporters voted for him based on his own words that he was going to clean up just this sort of waste and corruption, but now supporters just shrug and say 'all politicians do it, so... whatever.'

I can't understand this. What happened to holding him to his original promise of being better than Obama and Hilary?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Who cares if a trumpet says it's messed up. Good luck.

Each side bickering with each other, pointing out when they're flawed.

I've seen you chase your tail to defend Obama plenty of times.

That's the nature of their being "two sides".

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I hope everyone scrutinizes this budget to eliminate all government waste.

Maybe we can actually cut another few trillion off the budget!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Yes - it says 2 TRILLION.

Really? This is who you want running the US government?

Welllllllllllll, not who I wanted - I didnt vote for the bloke.

Buuuuutttttttt, I was surprisingly rewarded when hillary lost.

Government - they just cant get it right no matter who is in power. I think we need less!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The linked article doesn't say where in the budget proposal the error is. Here is the actual 2018 budget proposal. I scanned it over and saw no glaring errors. Somebody want to exceed NBC in the area of journalistic excellence and point our where this error is?

I'd appreciate it. I might have missed something.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join