It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forensic Evidence from Manchester Bombing leaked to the New York Times

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

Well they aint getting no more.

Police investigating the Manchester Arena bomb attack have stopped sharing information with the US after leaks to the media, the BBC understands.
UK officials were outraged when photos appearing to show debris from the attack appeared in the New York Times.
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's a sad day when you can't trust your friends to keep a confidence.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok\\

Unstable young extremist are a godsend for the PTB they can get their Fascist state going so much faster, now they have the excuse to protect us more. An idiot knows how this is all going to pan out. Its a class war and always was.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My bets a Russian agent.

The US administration is riddled with them at the moment.

They are leaking information to sour relations between the UK and USA.

Unless Trump is a Russian plant himself he needs to go on a huge clean out of his incompetent admin and senior civil servants.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Police investigating the Manchester Arena bomb attack have stopped sharing information with the US after leaks to the media, the BBC understands.
UK officials were outraged when photos appearing to show debris from the attack appeared in the New York Times.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sure is. Obama appointees trying to destroy the country because their candidate lost the election, burning the whole house down so no one can live in it. Very sad state of affairs.
edit on 25/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

www.bbc.co.uk...

Sure is. Obama appointees trying to destroy the country because their candidate lost the election, burning the whole house down so no one can live in it. Very sad state of affairs.

Where's your evidence it was an Obama appointee? The US leaked 7/7 forensics too, far before Obama took power - US intel has been breaking Counter Terror laws for decades. It's a systemic problem that isn't down to one lone President and that's a huge leap of faith claim to state you know the sources MO when you don't know the source.

US needs to get its # together quicksharp and send the leakers to jail to avoid this turning into a diplomaic crisis and permanent UK refusal to share inteligence with the US.
edit on 25-5-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Here's another indication of the fact that the Intelligence and military experts had to be the organizers of such terror act. The complexity and difficulty of building such device is way beyond any ISIS patsy.

"End of intel sharing with US" is just a ploy for distraction. Britain exists due to a cable that goes from GCHQ to NSA
edit on 25-5-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

The complexity and difficulty of building such device is way beyond any ISIS patsy.

It isn't beyond an experienced bomb maker though which is why the security services are now looking for a network.

"End of intel sharing with US" is just a ploy for distraction.

It isn't the end of intel sharing it is a statement of dissatisfaction , we will still share but only after US security services have sat on the naughty step for a while.

Britain exists due to a cable that goes from GCHQ to NSA

What ?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

If this is true, it is reminiscent of how the Australian media was told of JFK's assassination before it actually happened, and a sure sign that the Manchester event is most likely yet another staged false flag. Wow.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Since this is a conspiracy forum, I'm wondering is the UK's outrage is really intended to give Trump an excuse to crack down on the media, and force them under threat of prison to reveal their sources (or the lack thereof). When the Democrats pitch a fit, he can just shrug his shoulders and say that the leaks are endangering national security (which they are), and point to Britain's recent action as proof.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It isn't the media that's the problem here it's those within the security services leaking sensitive information , leaking your own country's information is one thing but leaking information given in confidence by a foreign power about an ongoing incident is something else.

I'm all for whistle blowers but in this case there is no whistle just a British operation compromised by the leak.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The complexity and difficulty of building such device is way beyond any ISIS patsy.

Nope.

The difficulty is in building devices that are suitable to build and deploy on a military or industrial scale - which includes multiple safety margins for production, storage, deployment, consistency of detonation, etc.

Building a bomb that doesn't need to meet a ream of paper's worth of official safety standards is a completely different thing.

I agree that the average ISIS idiot would still have difficulty, but it should be well within the scope of anyone who paid attention in their workshop classes at school.

"Complexity and difficulty" very much oversells the process.

My source for this is that I have some background in forensics and the chemistry/mechanics involved.

Edited to add: to expand on a point I just noted when looking back through the thread - like many things it will be complex the first few times you do it, so even an idiot with a bit of experience could do it reasonably well. Thus, as someone notes, they are now looking for a bomb maker as they would have that experience.

edit on Ev44ThursdayThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 25 May 2017 09:44:26 -05006552017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Has nothing to do with that. Making a bomb requires experience. I easily could make an explosive out of say peroxide. However getting the mixture right and learning not to blow yourself up in the process takes practice. No one is just going to get it right the first time.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: templar knight
Photographs of the ruck sack and detonator appeared in the New York Times before they had been issued to the UK Media according to The Observer, causing the Home Secretary Amber Rudd to rebuke the US Officials who she believes has leaked the information.

Apart from the obvious rift it will cause between the two countries (UK and US) in sharing sensitive information, I cannot think of any good reason why anyone (US or anyone other country for that matter) would leak such information. Disclosing this information early only helps the terrorist's associates (and possibly the NYT circulation).

Is there a conspiracy here? Or is this just sheer greed of an individual?

When Jesuits hit , Protestans look to the East .

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: templar knight
Photographs of the ruck sack and detonator appeared in the New York Times before they had been issued to the UK Media according to The Observer, causing the Home Secretary Amber Rudd to rebuke the US Officials who she believes has leaked the information.

Apart from the obvious rift it will cause between the two countries (UK and US) in sharing sensitive information, I cannot think of any good reason why anyone (US or anyone other country for that matter) would leak such information. Disclosing this information early only helps the terrorist's associates (and possibly the NYT circulation).

Is there a conspiracy here? Or is this just sheer greed of an individual?
Find the truth out templar,your a knight for a reason,go deeper on this issue,its a big surprise at the end.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Their are a few anomalies, why were the firefighters not allowed in, why was a guy who was leaving told to stay, why was their a drill the same day.vvvwww.youtube.com...

They really cocked it up at the Oslo bombings....

edit on 26-5-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: EvillerBob

Has nothing to do with that. Making a bomb requires experience. I easily could make an explosive out of say peroxide. However getting the mixture right and learning not to blow yourself up in the process takes practice. No one is just going to get it right the first time.

I guarantee you that this is incorrect.

As it stands, the current reports are that the suicide bomber had extensive training abroad and made his own bomb. The concern is that the quantity of materials found suggest that he might have made others - which, if true, raises the question of who now has them and what are they planning to do with them.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If they find the leaker prosecute to the fullest extent of the law... no matter who it is.

The press is a part of the problem, once upon a time they would have paused before running to the press with the information.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleHorizon
It's almost like the spying are being spied on, all of them.
They either have lots of leakers or a very good eaves dropping system in place.

These recent leaks seem to be more about creating mistrust against the US internationally and its abilities to keep secrets. Just my take.

They either have lots of leakers or a very good eaves dropping system in place.

May also have had secret and superior spying techology.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Funny how these things are only "leaked" to liberal publications...isn't it? I mean...with all the lies from the left, all the times they have been caught, maybe...just maybe the NYT is pulling this stuff out of their collective asses or worse yet...employing/paying people to break the law and leak classified information?

Lets follow the left's lead. INVESTIGATE THE NYT! Find out if they are following the rules or like the DNC, breaking them in support of their liberal religion.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Was going to start a thread with this but thought it may as well go here.

The Editor of the New York Times has come out in defense of publishing the leaked info/photo's...of course he has all the press cares about is ratings/clicks etc...they couldn't give a toss about how it could help potential bomb makers escape justice by giving them the heads up there is evidence that could track back to them.

edit on 27-5-2017 by nickovthenorth because: i can't spell

Forgot to add, sorry if this is in here somewhere already and i missed it.
edit on 27-5-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join