It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant do any of this my self maybe someone else can ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i already gave all the info needed I cant do this if someone wants the idea its theres
I do understand btw alot of people come here for that reason But i promises you will never know my name so
if someone has the drive to test the concept and produce ( or sell it so be it ).
The vacuum pumps is the key every thing else is just off the shelf timer ( with dry cycle added is the only other thing needed .
the rest semantics to spin or tumbel l
You just dont relize how many people are like my self ( I am just braking my silence this once )

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Its a good idea and is worth doing But i will never be the one . Just running out of time and no amount of money can give me enough

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
btw they have really fancy washer and dryers taht cost 1000$$$$$ of dallors lol
when i think of things i think of poorer people who need it most .

Yes they have some really fancy expensive sets. They also have really cheap sets. People that are poor buy the cheap ones. Believe me, I know. I am poor. LOL

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Link.

I think this may be your biggest problem. A vacuum chamber is inherently dangerous and it could not be cheap construction. A cylindrical chamber the size of a washing machine tank would cost $9,000 plus and even to build a safe to use one would likely require a lot of cost per unit.

I'm not sure the concept makes sense regarding what you think will happen if you boil water using a vacuum. I beleive when expelled it turns to ice crystals as no high temperature occurs.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

There are units... that run on 110... that wash and dry clothes in a single unit.. they have existed for years

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
to who every else I posted it check out or dont just a way of leaving a little pice of me .
heck you would have to have the drive and build it your self Patton it then sell it .
See i am asking for nothing selling nothing .
try the bucket see it will work and then have the drive .
heck If i was worried about this for my self anymore I would not have posted it .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
really cool Sounds graet must be expensive to build or something dont see taht in lowas
but still a good idea maybe it could be imporved on and made so teh general public would want to own them .
this if it was built would be in 100 million homes cheep
simple and saves power
that rv machine may work greatbut sounds like a hard to manufacture kinda of thing
and must be if its 1000$ of dollars .
a rich peoples toy Rvs and whats in tehm lol.
not many in trailer parkes can afford stuff taht goes in rvs

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. It was not clear in the opening post.

Thanks for sharing your idea's.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
well i am tired i know alest one or two people here know im not full of it and that will do .

Its just a washer dryer anyway Like i said at first no big deal .
I just dont have the time left or drive ( i miss it the drive every thing was a passion for me .)
use to have grand dreams dreams of worlds without wars without hunger without killing just to kill .
Use to be naive . Wish i still was .
You know even if every single thing worked as i think it would .
the world its self will still be the same teh next mroning

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
conversely, could you make a system that would freeze dry your clothes? I dunno about physics or thermodynamics like all that, but maybe a rotating drum of nitrogen would do it. plus...no wrinkles!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

To who ever maybe one person out there ( see i have no one to leave the things I have come up with to and am old and have heart problems ) So to prove i am not full off crap and am not worried about money here's a TOTAL one just to prove it .

Seems like he doesn't care about money?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Op obviously does notncare about money or fame. The way I see it, he only cares about the well being of mankind, and that is honorable.
edit on 82017Wednesdaypm531Wed, 24 May 2017 20:04:52 -0500America/Chicagov04 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
So no, you are not saving money with your concept considering that not only are you adding a vacuum pump but also have to redesign the washer to be vacuum tight.
It's more than a matter of just making it "vacuum tight", midnightstar apparently has no idea what will happen to a washer and dryer under a vacuum, see video below.

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Link.

I think this may be your biggest problem. A vacuum chamber is inherently dangerous and it could not be cheap construction. A cylindrical chamber the size of a washing machine tank would cost $9,000 plus and even to build a safe to use one would likely require a lot of cost per unit.

I'm not sure the concept makes sense regarding what you think will happen if you boil water using a vacuum. I beleive when expelled it turns to ice crystals as no high temperature occurs.
Finally someone got it, thank you. The cost of a vacuum-capable unit relies on having walls strong enough to resist atmospheric pressure. I guess non-engineers have no idea how strong this pressure is, but here's a demo with a 55 gallon drum that has thicker walls than a typical washer/dryer with a stronger cylindrical shaped construction and even two strengthening ridges, and you can see what happens to it under only a partial vacuum, not even a full vacuum:

55 Gallon Drum Implosion

For those who can't watch the video, they heat it up with a little water inside, screw on a cap, then cool it down until it implodes from the crushing atmospheric pressure.

For a full vacuum, if your washer-dryer combo was about 1 meter square on a side, just that one side would be subjected to over 22,000 pounds of force (over 11 tons), so if it has 6 sides like that, each side would have over 22,000 pounds of crushing force just from atmospheric pressure.

However if the cost of energy increases in the future to the point where it's extremely expensive to run a dryer, people will either have to go back to using clotheslines or something like a $9000 vacuum-capable washer-dryer could become an alternative simply because it would be cheaper to buy a very expensive washer dryer than to pay for very expensive fuel. The benefit would also be minimized because it would take some of that very expensive fuel to run the vacuum pump.

So it's not impossible something like vacuum clothes drying could make sense in a few hundred years when scarcity and cost of of fuel is a problem, but we'll probably never see economics in our lifetimes to make this idea economically feasible.

edit on 2017524 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
midnightstar, can you tell me a little more about your superconductor ideas?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ummm ... might not be very cost effective if you have to replace your washer/dryer every time you use it. LOL Thanks for the vid. Great demonstration.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Vacuum drying has been around for quite some time.

It is used in cases when you need to achieve high dryness and where heating would damage the material you are trying to dry.

See blog.lacotech.com...

And yeah, that # is not cheap.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Firstly, no, water does not instantly boil, it boils in accordance to its saturation curve and thermal properties.

So when you get water down at about 20mbar at room temperature it is forced to undergo a phase change, which requires energy to do. So what happens is that the water sucks in energy from its surroundings and boils, reducing the temperature of its surroundings.

This actually has the opposite effect and such if you have enough water, it will drop the temperature and begin to freeze it solid.

At this point it will slowly begin to sublimate.

I know this because iv got 7 years working experience in ultra-high vacuum systems. Water is a great annoyance even when it is in the form of humidity. When you actually have a cup of water in a vacuum system, it tends to end up condensing out on every cool surface and freezing everything up. SO your vacuum gauge looks great, but as soon as you turn off the vacuum pump, the water just drops back out and everything is still wet.

It would take hours... if not days to dry clothes in this manner without heat. You would need to supply heat to stop the water freezing.

This and making a vessel that has a good enough vacuum seal in a rotating coupling, and a pump that is capable of rough vacuum and processing loads of water without prematurely aging... i think a washing line or traditional spin dryer is more energy efficient

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I should add that the process of freeze drying does exactly what I described, the vacuum part of the process requires the chamber to be heated in order to stop the water freezing, only once dry is the heat taken away and then something like LN2 used to 'freeze' the object in question

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I'm having a slightly difficult time following your post but, it seems you are saying there is no washer/dryer combo? Actually there is. Ask around the RV community. It's expensive but it is all one unit.

Not really sure about the other things in your post.

Actually its worse that that, in Britain the washer/dryer is a very common type of clothes washer, as they are often installed in the kitchen, so stacking a dryer on top would be a problem as it reduces counter space.

The washer dryers in the UK cost only slightly more than washer only machines.

Here's one of these for £289 ($374). I think I'd prefer to buy something like this than a machine that creates a near vacuum in a space the size of the interior of a washing machine, in my kitchen, especially one made from bits of "PVC pipes and gaskets".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

So... instead of debating these ideas and thinking of ways they may or may not work, you just attack the OP about grammar. Perhaps you need to learn more about etiquette instead of just trolling. That's just my opinion.

I see a lot of poorly strung together written communications (I am not referring just to ATS). It frustrates me no end at the deteriorating standards.

However I think it is only fair to apologise to midnightstar. I was far too harsh there. Had I known the OP had dyslexia in the first place then I probably would have just left this thread alone. Maybe I should have guessed that as well?

So my humble apologies midnightstar. Now please carry on with the thread.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join