It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s the Masonic view on Demons…?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

there not the same, the one on the left is a Master Masons apron, the man next to him on the right is wearing a worshipful Master apron,

Master Mason Apron

Worshipful Master, or Past Master Apron

ETA
What’s the Masonic view on Demons?

There is none, no Masonic view. This belief would be entirely up to the individual Mason.
edit on 25/5/2017 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Correct, in that so far, no one in my lodge seems to show any belief in such things.

And also from a reality-based perspective, where there is zero evidence of demons and other ghoulish nasties.

To AM's point made earlier, there is no official line or stance by Freemasonry about it, so far as I am aware and as I said, my lodge doesn't seem to believe in any of that. But if an individual does and wants to rid themselves of such things, they can do whatever they like. But the lodge wouldn't have anything to do with it. Freemasonry isn't as (or even) esoteric as people have made it out to be.

Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.. perhaps my Cthulhu Underoos are on back to front. Damnit, no wonder!
edit on 25-5-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Okay the one on the right is the Worshipful Master you say…fine.

But then why does he have the same apron as the new Master Mason?

They are not the same.

Can you tell me what is the Grand Staff?

The Grand Staff are the officers of the Grand Lodge.

Btw this is the NYC Lodge on 23rd st

It doesn't look like New York Grand Lodge Masons. The regalia and aprons for New York are different from what they are wearing. Plus there is a photo of the Queen in the upper left corner.

This is the current Grand Master from New York, notice his apron is a different style and color:

edit on 25-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't believe Freemasonry is a religion but a fraternal organization with charitable goals in mind. And aside from a few bottles of Gin and tonic, I doubt they have any other Jin available and the last thing they want to deal with is another demon even though every lodge has one and he usually gets uncontrollable after consuming lots of Gin and tonic and they usually just throw Larry out.
edit on 5/25/2017 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Men in the dark blue are what is called Grand Lodge Officers here in Ontario.
Grand Lodge oversees all Lodges in it's jurisdiction, to guide, help Lodges with Masonic instruction.

Before a Mason can be a GL officer he must first prove him self as a sitting Master of his Lodge.
After that he is free if he wishes to continue forward through the Grand Lodge Chairs, (Offices), right up to Grand Master

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It would appear NY allows coats over aprons? While for the jurisdiction of the previous photo that was clearly not the case.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshNorton
It would appear NY allows coats over aprons? While for the jurisdiction of the previous photo that was clearly not the case.

Good catch, I missed that. Seems you are correct.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Originally posted noonebutme
And also from a reality-based perspective, where there is zero evidence of demons and other ghoulish nasties.

There’s witness testimony…that’s at least one form of evidence…

So stating there’s “zero evidence” is pretty _______…(fill in the blank)…

- JC

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Originally posted Sahabi

Hello Joecroft.

Personally, I've never experienced any mention of demons during any Lodge meeting, nor have I encountered reference or allusion to demons in any official documents of my Obedience. Demons, exorcisms, and hauntings are not mentioned at all, so there is no actual Masonic world view perspective on the matter. You'd have to consult the various religions, spiritualists, theistic satanists/demonists, magical Orders that incorporate demonology, or even some UFO groups.

We have freedom and liberty of our personal beliefs and opinions, so you would have to ask each individual Freemason what their personal view on the matter may be.

Thanks for your thoughts…

Demons are mentioned quite a bit in “Morals and Dogma” by Albert Pike…

Here’s one extract…

Satan is the son and lord of matter; and the secondary angels and demons, children of matter. Satan created and governs the visible world. But the soul of man emanated from God, and is of the same substance with God. Seduced by the evil spirits, it passes through various bodies, until, purified and reformed, it rises to God and is strengthened by His light.

Seems kinda strange that Masons don’t believe in Demons, when they're mentioned right there, in their text books…

- JC

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
Seems kinda strange that Masons don’t believe in Demons, when they're mentioned right there, in their text books…

Have you read all of Morals and Dogma?

If you did you would realize two things, Pike is recounting numerous mythologies and explaining their beliefs and that this is not a 'text book' as it was only written for a small audience; Scottish Rite Masons in the Southern Jurisdiction.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

I don't believe Freemasonry is a religion but a fraternal organization with charitable goals in mind. And aside from a few bottles of Gin and tonic, I doubt they have any other Jin available and the last thing they want to deal with is another demon even though every lodge has one and he usually gets uncontrollable after consuming lots of Gin and tonic and they usually just throw Larry out.

As I understand it, that is correct.

Masons use their power/influence to reach charitable goals and to help one another in their business dealings, when applicable. I believe the biggest goal is personal enlightenment and betterment, in whatever form and level the individual Mason chooses.

In a nut shell, it's a brotherhood that uses it's collective resources for not only the betterment of themselves, but also those around them.

If I had the time, and were willing to swear to a higher "Master", I'd become a Mason. It's good for networking and the few I know are stand-up guys. They'd give anyone the shirts off their back.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted
Have you read all of Morals and Dogma?

No, of course not…do I sound like a Mason lol..?

Originally posted
If you did you would realize two things, Pike is recounting numerous mythologies and explaining their beliefs and that this is not a 'text book' as it was only written for a small audience; Scottish Rite Masons in the Southern Jurisdiction.

“Text book” is just a figure of speech; as in their material, their books (Masons that is) etc…

But surely the reason he’s expanding on other beliefs is to better understand the nature of them…

Why do all that study if your not tying it back into your own beliefs about God, or at the very least, using it as a comparative search for truth…?

- JC

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No, of course not…do I sound like a Mason lol..?

I'm not a Samurai but I read Yamamoto Tsunetomo's Hagakure.

But surely the reason he’s expanding on other beliefs is to better understand the nature of them…

This stands to reason.

Why do all that study if your not tying it back into your own beliefs about God, or at the very least, using it as a comparative search for truth…?

Does me reading about the Way of the Samurai mean I want to be a Samurai? Perhaps I just want to understand their practices in the context of their times.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
...and the few I know are stand-up guys. They'd give anyone the shirts off their back.

I would definitely give you the shirt off your back.

Your pants on the other hand I am keeping.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I would definitely give you the shirt off your back.

You slick bastard!

Your pants on the other hand I am keeping.

Can't blame you.

You're welcome.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted Joecroft

Originally posted AugustusMasonicus
This stands to reason.

And why is he trying to better understand them…considering they involve such topics as God, Spirit and…Demons…?

Originally posted AugustusMasonicus
Does me reading about the Way of the Samurai mean I want to be a Samurai? Perhaps I just want to understand their practices in the context of their times.

But by reading about “the Way of the Samurai” in the context of their times, there will be things you learn, that are genuinely applicable today…

I mean, real tangible things that are applicable, as well those aspects of a more philosophical perspective, or something else much deeper that resonates with you…

Morals and Dogma mentions the word “Demon” in numerous places throughout the book…

And the ideas expressed in and around that word (Demon) are things to do with God, and the Soul…

Now Masons believe in a God, so it stands to reason that those aspects discussed in “Morals and Dogma”, must tie back into a Masons beliefs…

- JC

edit on 25-5-2017 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We Summon Them Because we Think in Our False Wisdom We can Control Them , but in the End , They Destroy Us and Our Arrogance for Eternity.....

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Willtell
Okay the one on the right is the Worshipful Master you say…fine.

But then why does he have the same apron as the new Master Mason?

They are not the same.

Can you tell me what is the Grand Staff?

The Grand Staff are the officers of the Grand Lodge.

Btw this is the NYC Lodge on 23rd st

It doesn't look like New York Grand Lodge Masons. The regalia and aprons for New York are different from what they are wearing. Plus there is a photo of the Queen in the upper left corner.

This is the current Grand Master from New York, notice his apron is a different style and color:

Of all the people you chose to clone, ya'll picked Jeb...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And why is he trying to better understand them…considering they involve such topics as God, Spirit and…Demons…?

They also involve plenty of non-theological/mythological topics. It was assumed by Pike that the typical reader would be unversed in much of the mythology and professed historical information that he compiled. Also Pike was a guy who liked the sound of his own voice, many of his works are in need of an edit.

Now Masons believe in a God, so it stands to reason that those aspects discussed in “Morals and Dogma”, must tie back into a Masons beliefs…

You can think that demons somehow factor into Masonic belief but that is up to the individual. I personally think that anyone who believes in demons is delusional.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Jeff Williamson doesn't look like Jeb Bush to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join