It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey Emergency Alert System 'Accidentally' Sends Nuclear Warnings To Some TVs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Coming just a month after Project Gotham Shield, a major nuclear detonation drill in the New York-New Jersey area, a false alarm that went out to some people’s television sets Tuesday might have scared some in New Jersey.

As NBC New York reports, a nuclear power plant warning issued in Cumberland and Salem counties was sent out by mistake.

The message that was sent out said “a civil authority has issued a nuclear power plant warning for the following counties/areas.”

New Jersey Emergency Alert System 'Accidentally' Sends Nuclear Warnings To Some TVs

Yesterday, New Jersey authorities accidentally triggered an automated nuclear disaster alert on local television.

I'm imagining some janitor looking at a row of buttons and wondering, "What does this one do?"

I'm thinking underwear sales in NJ are soaring today

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Someone must go to jail for this mistake

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well damn, I imagine many pairs of underwear were harmed in the making of this story!

On the bright side: there's nothing like escaping almost certain death to make one appreciate life. The feelings of relief offset the need to clean the couch I feel.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Clean undies: $4.99
Knowing you will live another day: Priceless

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I doubt any one in New Jersey even noticed.

I sincerely doubt any one will go to jail for this.

With my tin foil hat firmly on my head (this is a conspiracy site after all) I would recommend getting the hell out of New Jersey for the next week to ten days. Maybe it's related to the next east coast false flag.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Someone must go to jail for this mistake

Oh puhlease!

I'm sure it was an honest mistake. In the 80s, i distinctly remember air raid siren tests. The heads up it was only a test was only aired on local radio public radio stations no one listened to, and I'd almost have a heart attack each time it happened. But then it wind down and not go on, you would see everyone let out a collective sigh of relief.

This incident had nothing on those.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do I need to stay inside away from windows and doors during a nuclear power plant warning?

How does this differ from a nuclear power plant watch?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Another "coincidental" test underneath a "TesT"

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

The world was not populated with as many snowflakes in the 80's....

It's not nice to scare people....or offend them....or marginalize them..........someone needs to pay! (*tongue in cheek*)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: nightbringr

The world was not populated with as many snowflakes in the 80's....

It's not nice to scare people....or offend them....or marginalize them..........someone needs to pay! (*tongue in cheek*)

Ah but the winters were so much better then, weren't they? Real snow!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Generally:

Watch means something could happen.

Warning means it has.

It dictates the actions a person takes.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

"Accidentally"

More like a test. Either to test warning systems, test strategic response or test focused public response. There are no "accidental" nuclear warnings.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Exactly, were too busy and passed to be interrupted by big brother to notice!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Accidentally, or as part of a test, to see how people would respond? Why only to "some tvs". and not all of them? Seems quite fishy!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

We could send you?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Yourebsupposed to cover and tock for one and tuck and cover for the other.....

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Emergency alerts only bother me when they occur outside the regular test pattern times. If it's a regular time for a monthly/weekly test, then they could broadcast a Cthulu Alert and I'd kind of go, "Wait, whu ...?" and then go, "Oh ... monthly test." and move on.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am from what we refer to as the duck and cover .
I rember being in grade school and the Nuk war Siron would go off .
Man you could hear that 5 miles away .
The teacher would then instruct us to get under the desk .
Now being 5 or 6 even then I rember thinking teacher says they have a bomb that can blow up the whole world and thinks this desk will save me ?/

You guys just dont understand just what this world is living with for the last 70d years .
One day two dinos were eating grass in the filed they hear a roor and look up to see a fireball cross the sky .
then they go back to eating the grass . ( ten mints later we became the new tenets of the planet .
150 million years later ( give or take a few million .
Two humans are at a cross walk texting on there cell phones they hear a roor look up and see a sliver pin with fire coming out the back then go back to texting on there cell phone .
!50 million years later a roach looks up from his ----
150 million years later a looks from from
150 million years later
Du to circumstances beyond our control there will be no more 150 million years later as the sun has now grown to a red giant and earth has been incinerated .
We are the only one out of all the 150 million years that caused our own extinction ( Past tense )
Its not a matter of if it will but When it will . Kinda liek wating on bad mail you know its coming just not the day
But you wont care in 150 years so stop worrying .

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

The duck and cover isn't about shielding you from the radiation, it's protecting you from the shockwave that shakes the building down around you. You're either too close to the bomb and dead no matter what happens or under your desk when the roof collapses and may have a chance at surviving.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
On the bright side: there's nothing like escaping almost certain death to make one appreciate life. The feelings of relief offset the need to clean the couch I feel.

Between three mile island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima, only Chernobyl had significant deaths and most of those were of first responders and not civilians, though there were some deaths of them. So yes they are dangerous but I think "certain death" is over the top since even as bad as Fukushima was, not that many people have died from it yet and I'm not aware of anybody dying from Three Mile island.

originally posted by: captainpudding
a reply to: midnightstar

The duck and cover isn't about shielding you from the radiation, it's protecting you from the shockwave that shakes the building down around you. You're either too close to the bomb and dead no matter what happens or under your desk when the roof collapses and may have a chance at surviving.
I hear that "duck and cover" was called a different name by the students, the "duck and kiss your ass goodbye" position.

edit on 2017526 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join