It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Budget Betrays His Pledge Not To Cut Social Security

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Stopping able bodied people from taking handicap parking spaces. So many fake disability leeches. Doctors go along too easily.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Kali74

Get. A. Lawyer.
One who specializes in disability. I tried going through all of it on my own and got rejected every time. Hired a lawyer to handle it and after going through an Administrative Judge, finally got it.

On Topic :
Cut SS benefits? Yeah, all that money they give us and those Huuuge cost of living raises each year.

Yea my gf had to get a lawyer, even though any one of her 20+ conditions qualify on their own. As soon as she got one she was approved immediately.

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have an advocate now, thanks for the advice

link   
Why were people not complaining when the COLA raise for last year was 3 bucks a month? I am not trying to deflect but there is a lot of fraud and it sucks for those who really need it. Here is a quick example.

www.washingtontimes.com...

David B. Daugherty, a former administrative law judge, approved at least 3,149 disability cases filed by a single lawyer in eastern Kentucky. More than 1,700 of those have been deemed fraudulent by government investigators, obligating the government to pay out more than $550 million in lifetime benefits. Daugherty pleaded guilty to two counts of receiving illegal gratuities. The charge is similar to bribery, though the payoff is made after the fact, not before

Plus, if you get more jobs back you have more people paying their FSOC tax during payroll. Retirees are protected but they want to make sure those who are on SSDI should be.

The program is not going away and if you truly need benefits they will still be available. What is horrible is the buracracy to get benefits where only a 1/3 of those who apply are approved. Add in fraud like shown above and those who need it are not getting it.

I am for some type of reform and this is a start.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Pres trump was referring to the social security that seniors receive. Disability is seperate.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Good point - I'd say 1,500 deceased individuals collecting SS benefits in 1 year qualifies as an area we could improve on though

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Pres trump was referring to the social security that seniors receive. Disability is seperate.

Ah ok I thought is was the opposite.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Do any of you know WHERE those cuts are being made or is this all knee jerk reactions?

It dosen't matter. Even the hint of cutting SS will get out the geezer vote for the dembs. The DNC can't believe their good fortune for the coming midterm. In fact it's already started.....If the GOP has any sense, they will shut this BS down as soon as possible. But the damage has already been done.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 24-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's SS Disability and about 60% of that is fake illnesses or injury in a review they did locally as they are trying to cut fraud. Under O Bummer the rules were relaxed so if your tired all the time your disabled.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Seniors are smarter now.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

if that is actually a problem, then it's not that fraud is the problem, it's that social security is the problem!!
unless granny was secretly buried in the back yard somewhere, the funeral home that provided services was obligated to send the information to social security, the family is also obligated to notify social security of the death. if this information isn't processed before the next check is sent out, they will come back and freeze the bank account the check was sent to..

heck sometimes, they will even if the next payment is sent out.

more than likely, 1,500 people died towards the end of the month and the system didn't record the information in time to stop the payments is all....

edit on 24-5-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Seniors are smarter now.

And much more politically aware. They are also single issue voters and that single issue is SS, Medicaid and medicare. That's 3 single issues. If the GOP want's to insure the dembs taking back control...just talk about ***kin with SS.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People on social security are not the strongest rioters so there won't be much problems.

But the AARP is the largest lobby in the country...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

And this REALLY sucks for people who need SSDI just to pay room and board in their group home or other residential living, who have NO MEANS to be able to work!! It costs $17-20 per day room and board in some houses with just a bit left over for clothes, transportation, etc.

It is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment for people who have done nothing but be either born or become disabled.

People with autism, who are medically fragile, who are paralyzed, who have down's syndrome, who have disabling genetic disorders, etc. THESE are the folks being stripped of aid and for what??

Oh yeah. Tax breaks for the wealthy and super wealthy.

I guess the wealthy do suffer so when they can't have a bigger yacht!

Let's take the income from people who are super poor and unable to care for themselves! Yay America!!!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People on social security are not the strongest rioters so there won't be much problems.

But the AARP is the largest lobby in the country...

This is SSDI - Disability Insurance, not retirement funding... Those darn moocher disabled people! Get a freaking JOB you paralytic wheelchair bound unable to care for yourself miscreant!!

(obvious sarcasm)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Exactly, those articles were written by pro privatization.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Seniors are smarter now.

And much more politically aware. They are also single issue voters and that single issue is SS, Medicaid and medicare. That's 3 single issues. If the GOP want's to insure the dembs taking back control...just talk about ***kin with SS.

Sometimes, I feel like Trump really was a plant to destroy the GOP. There's days when that is the most logical conclusion I can make for some brain dead thing he did.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Oh gotcha. The term Social Security can be a bit confusing since it encompasses two different groups of people. The disabled and the elderly. Thanks for the clarity.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
It's SS Disability and about 60% of that is fake illnesses or injury in a review they did locally as they are trying to cut fraud. Under O Bummer the rules were relaxed so if your tired all the time your disabled.

One of the worst things you can do in a discussion is make up statistics on the spot.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So how about this, Why doesn't he cut the waste and excess FIRST. Then cut the funding for the savings that are found? Isn't making cuts first kind of putting the cart before the horse? Since everyone knows this will never pass congress, this is just more grandstanding, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join