It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Security at events, and declining refugees is pointless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I know this may sound cold, and dreary.. But I'm just going to be honest.

To start, increased security at sporting events, concerts, and any time and place with a lot of people isn't going to help. As the case with this Arians Grande concert, the bomb went off outside of the building beyond the security line.

In addition to that the most recent terrorist attacks either occurred in this fashion.. or places were randomly stormed with heavy weaponry... or random times with cars used as weapons.

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no defending this. The further back you put security.. the further back the attacks will occur.

I just watched a news update here in Cleveland. They were showing the increased security and the 20 bomb dogs roaming outside of the arena.

What's this going to do? When a bomb dog discovers someone with a bomb strapped to their chest in a crowd of people, it's too late.. they will just detonate.

There's no stopping random crazies that can decide at any moment to bring heavy weaponry into random public places and start firing away. Especially the less planning they do. Anyone can do it at any time.

Have you ever driven a car on the freeway, and became a little scared because the thought crosses your mind that something as small as you jerking the wheel can end your life and the lives of others so quickly? At random?

With my next point, As with the Boston Marathon bombers and countless others. The people that are committing these heinous acts aren't refugees... most of them aren't even from Muslim countries. The majority of them are home grown. They are citizens our society has outcasted in one way or another. They are citizens WE let slip away into extremism and hate. They are people who were born here.. live here.. and somehow connected and identified with terrorist organizations.

This is on the news of the bomber in Manchester being a citizen.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

There's that old chestnut of personal responsibility.I fell through the cracks too,society failed me also.For many many years i truly despised this world and everyone in it,hell i hated being alive at all.Never thought i should take my disgust and misery out on others by slaughtering them though..imo it sounds like you are trying to gain a feeling of control by believing that "we" are in a way to blame for the actions of POS murdering savages.That if "we" can only be "nicer" or change Our behaviour in some way,it will buy us safety.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Your setting yourself up for a "Don't you know how dangerous Islam is? Let me tell you how dangerous Islam is!" type of lecturing. But probably not too heavy since its late and many of the partisan Islam haters are likely sleeping.

FWIW, I agree with you, but to an extent. With the security as it is now, at the very least we have the guarantee that the venue itself can be cleared as safe. This should automatically trigger the realization though that you are now leaving a safe zone if you will, and about to reenter the unknown danger of the real world/life after we cross the gates. Even before this tragic event, I started to think this way the more often I left a controlled venue. Once you hit that exit now, you need to re-alert your senses and be vigilante for everything.

But then again I never let my guard down inside the venue either. Sometimes she tells me how can I enjoy anything we go to if I am always focusing so much of my brain focusing on potential threats. It does not really bother me though. I enjoy it, helps with memory and pattern recognition. Then I hit her with "as long as I am doing this, you can enjoy the show to your hearts content baby" . Usually followed by a sarcastic laugh.

Everything and anyone can kill you! So watch everything and everyone with a microscope. I probably woulda got blown up though if I was at the concert as some kind of ironic joke by the universe. On my way out the force would be all like "HA! Didn't see that one coming did you!"

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Reminds me of the shooting at the FFL airport. Homegrown terrorist, who was legally carrying the weapon and used it outside of the secured area. Even more security used to "stop" these daesh cowards isn't full proof. It's stripping privacy, not only that but people are so scared to the point where people aren't going to fly or even go to events. In that sense terrorism has won, that's the point of it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

They are citizens our society has outcasted in one way or another. They are citizens WE let slip away into extremism and hate. They are people who were born here.. live here.. and somehow connected and identified with terrorist organizations.

No, they chose to be outcasts. We are not responsible for their choices no more than you are for mine. Moreover they decided to be outcasts within their own communities.

No argument with venue security, if they want to inflict death bad enough, they will.
edit on 24-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You'll poison your life by always being on the lookout for what will kill you next. Be vigilant, but overdoing it will make you miss important things.

After the London bombing It was literal hell when I was taking the subway to go to work and analyze everyone and what bags they were carrying and who was gonna blow this train next. Got to a point where I felt I was borderline psychosis and just gave up on it all and accepted the fact that I might die or not today. Now I can just enjoy music or read a book or ats on the way to work in total peace.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize
I enjoy it, it supplements my OCD quite nicely. But I tone it down if I am on the go by myself. Im really only on max alert when the wife or childrens is with me. Its really fun actually, I learn a lot about other humans' behavior by observing them around me during a typical oblivious day. It is quite shocking how many people actually pick their nose and dig into their asses in public. Its probably why I wash my hands like thirty times a day. Pathogens are no laughing matter!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeah im generaly on high alert too when with the family or abroad.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

First, I agree that if someone wants to hurt people they can always do that in a free society.

However, the way you prevent 2nd generation terrorist is to not let the first generation in to the country in the first place. These people don't assimilate and don't care about human life.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

We have to make the consequences of acts of terror so terrible, that those who would do so, change their effing minds.

Until we do that, we will suffer, our society will suffer, innocent men, women and children will continue to suffer.
edit on 24-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We have to make the consequences of acts of terror so terrible, that those who would do so, change their effing minds.

Until we do that, we will suffer, our society will suffer, innocent men, women and children will continue to suffer.

I'm all for this method of bio warfare.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to be confused with Black Sabbath's epic song....or is it?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's a start.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

This is on the news of the bomber in Manchester being a citizen.

So what is your point?

Try and find a person out of 300+ million non-Muslim in America that would be willing to strap on that nail vest? You are not going to find one.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Really? How are you going to do that? how do you make it "more terrible" for a person willing to strap on a nail suicide vert?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I agree.

I've nothing against increasing security at big events, but have to ask myself where we draw the line? Do clubs with 400 customers need extra or do we set the bar at several thousand? There could be a 1000 people on any major town/city shopping street so do we get security in all of them? Not all schools are secure. Could a suicide bomber run onto a busy lunchtime school yard?

The UK removed bins from train stations and major towns and cities. It was a response to IRA bombings on the mainland. It was a reasonable tactic, but didn't protect Northern Ireland or England from car bombs. There's always a way for a determined bomber and, thankfully, the majority of them seem to lack the intelligence to be creative.

Although there was an increase in security (to combat IRA actions) it was the peace talks that brought the conflict to an end. The obstacle there is people had to want to talk and be able to put past grievances aside for the greater good. They had to look forward and not behind. It took many years and false starts.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no defending this. The further back you put security.. the further back the attacks will occur. 

If there is no security it will happen everywhere. That seems incredibly dangerous and dumb.

And I am not to blame for suicidal islamic psychopaths as much as people like you would like to make me believe I am.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Publically executing them would be a start.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
There is a lot of truth to what you say.

To start with, terrorism is inevitable. Period. We will never eliminate it.

However, that doesn't mean we can't take steps to minimize it.

So reasonable security measures can minimize damage. Sure a dedicated enough terrorist will attack somewhere with less security, but this may mean less people will be hurt.

Limiting the type of people most likely to commit terrorists acts can also reduce the risk. In addition to stopping forced multiculturalism, this could also mean keeping closer tabs of citizens that visit know terrorists hot beds.

Other things such as stop regime change wars like syria and Libya, and stop arming moderates in those areas can also minimize the risk.

But to just claim its inevitable is dangerous, and leads to a nihilistic mentality where the risk will be maximized.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

They are already dead...their purpose is to die and take as many with them as they can. This guy in England, like most, do not live a life of destruction, they do one event of destruction with many years of nothing... look at 911, they lived for many years here, were nice to they neighbors, lived the dream... then they got an a plane to die...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree with this recommendation as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join