It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$45,000 raised for 2 homeless men that helped Manchester victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
In the midst of all his tragedy and negativity around the world, a glimmer of hope for humanity from the most unlikely of places. Here is some feel-good for the soul.

L ink

'I pulled nails from children's faces': Homeless heroes relive haunting moment they cradled dying women and children in wake of Manchester Arena terror attack - as £45,000 is raised for them to buy a home

Blessings to you Jones

Mr Jones, who has been homeless for over a year and used to work as a bricklayer, spoke humbly about his heroic actions. 

'We were having to pull nails and bits of glass out of their arms and faces,' he told ITV News. 'We haven't slept most of the night because of what we've seen.' 

'I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I'd just walked away. Just because I'm homeless, it doesn't mean I haven't got a heart.

'There's a lot of good people in Manchester who help us out and we need to give back too. I'd like to think someone would come and help me if I needed the help.'

Blessings to you Parker

Mr Parker selflessly raced towards the blast and described holding a young girl who had lost both of her legs while he waited for paramedics to arrive.

'It knocked me to the floor and then I got up and instead of running away my gut instinct was to run back and try and help,' he told the Press Association.

'There was people lying on the floor everywhere.

He described holding another dying woman in his arms in the horrific aftermath of the explosion.

'She passed away in my arms,' he said.

'She was in her 60s and she had been with her family. I haven’t stopped crying. The most shocking part of it is that it was a kids’ concert.' 

I don't have much else to add other than good for them and those that helped them. Having been homeless before, I can gaurantee that this experience will stick with them forever, making them better humans and putting them on the right path moving forward.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Homeless people are not all evil bad people that everyone thinks they are, many are broken souls... sick or have issues that we don't understand.

I often see them as living examples of the potential of kindness hidden deep in the heart of humanity (very deep).

Now maybe the UK can take those spikes down so these guys have a place to sleep.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thanks for the good news, it's dearly needed right now. Some people do have humanity.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is so heartening. When tragedy strikes, the best of us rise up.
Thank you, hunter, for reminding us of the good side of humanity.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's very noble that he wanted to help.. but I'm not sure I would want untrained professionals pulling stuff out of my child 🤔.. yet if it meant life or death I couldn't be more grateful.

I'm happy they are getting some help financially.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are not many things that suck worse then having no where to go when its cold or raining or you are just tired from a long day.

Most of these people just need a little help.
edit on 23-5-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It makes me happy to hear this.Those men have been having obviously a very hard life and now they will have nightmares and the horrific memories and mental trauma on top of that.It is Awesome they are being helped a bit

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Glad I could share this with you guys

Now...

How do we spread this positive energy all over ATS?

Or is that just wishful thinking now?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They could've walked away but didn't. The best examples of humanity. So nice that they'll have a home and be off the streets.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the people that went to that concert walked right by those men without an ounce of sympathy.

Selflessness in its truest form. Those men are heros.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Sometimes people that are at "rock bottom" and feel they have nothing more to lose are the most generous in what they give. They understand the golden rule from a perspective few of us have.

Thanks for sharing this story...I hope this tragedy can be a turning point for some towards a better life, even as we mourn those precious lives lost.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Been to rock bottom then I fell in a hole then I fell through the floor of that hole some more.

Its a song lyric but its true.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
True . .. rock bottom is usually a hindsight thing.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
In the midst of all his tragedy and negativity around the world, a glimmer of hope for humanity from the most unlikely of places. Here is some feel-good for the soul.

Thank you. I really needed that at this moment.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

dont take this the wrong way - but :

'I pulled nails from children's faces'

is NOT sound medical practice // advice

i must add the caveat - that i would have needed to see the casualties to make a definative assesment

but as a general guideline - embedded objects should NOT be simply janked out - on scene by passers by - with limited training and equipment

i applaud the gentlemens resolve to stand thier ground and assist - rather than run - but :

makes me cringe

i have an annecdote involving a young lady - a crossbow quarrel and a wooden bench - that nearly went from a relativly straight forward operation to a demonstration of the effectiveness of CELOX and pushing the limits of torniquets
edit on 24-5-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Glad I could share this with you guys

Now...

How do we spread this positive energy all over ATS?

Or is that just wishful thinking now?

You can only try, accepting at same time that many others would rather look to hold thoughts of negativity and hate.

Excellent OP though.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I understand what you're saying, but in a time of chaos and panic, where body's are lying on the ground everywhere, where people are missing limbs, I don't think being sound medically was on their minds. As thousands of people were running right past the bodies screaming in fear for their own lives, these 2 decided to help and that's admirable. Obviously they aren't profession medics.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

God, I hadn't heard of that.

Amazing how it takes something so awful for us to see the true beauty in people, or to let our own shine.

Proper good karma.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Not all heroes wear capes.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

dont take this the wrong way - but :

is NOT sound medical practice // advice

i must add the caveat - that i would have needed to see the casualties to make a definative assesment

but as a general guideline - embedded objects should NOT be simply janked out - on scene by passers by - with limited training and equipment

i applaud the gentlemens resolve to stand thier ground and assist - rather than run - but :

makes me cringe

i have an annecdote involving a young lady - a crossbow quarrel and a wooden bench - that nearly went from a relativly straight forward operation to a demonstration of the effectiveness of CELOX and pushing the limits of torniquets

*sigh*
We can't have nice things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join