It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is the first sitting president to visit the western wall in Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Previous presidents have visited Jerusalem's western wall, but not while as sitting president. Trump is the first to do so as sitting president. It is a good gesture. It shows he is not bigoted and does not back away from the challenge of the Palestinian Israeli conflict regarding the status of Jerusalem, the eastern part of it is claimed by Palestinians as their capital while the whole city is claimed by Israelis as their capital. Hopefully the issue will be resolved in the near future.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I caught it live or replay today. I do not know the correctness but did Trump do it as a ritual or kind of do your own thing? I mean do they all do the touch pull touch or do you do it however you want and Is that what he did?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

They just touch the wall and pray a bit. There are rabbis to guide them.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
He's also the first sitting president ever to demand two scoops of ice cream while everyone only gets one. (And he has Hitler ice cream delivered every Friday night!!)

And people wonder why some want him impeached!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

He left a letter in the wall if that's what you mean.

Op? I usually try to be an optimist but do you honestly think because a President visited the wailing wall everything now might be OK?

I don't know man, I really don't. I'm doubtful he'll even live up to his words that he'd rather them sort it out amongst themselves.

I suspect, within the arena of politics... He'll do what too many presidents have done before, and that's unequivocally support Israel.
edit on 23-5-2017 by RAY1990 because: Missing word...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
B-but Trump's a Nazi! Right guys?

top topics

join