It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smothered Chicken Livers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Wow that sounds great
I remember when i was in my early 20's i worked in a suburb of Cape Town where a lot of Muslims lived and had businesses.There was this one woman,Mona,working up the street,i will never forget her she was a Hoot.She used to make this chicken liver malay curried type spread.I had no money for lunch one day and as we were buddies i mentioned it and she gave me half of her sandwich with this spread.

I was crazy about it and she gave me the recipe,the way the Muslims made it.I was staying with my brother then and he loved it too,i made it often back then.Wish i could recall the precise recipe.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I'm not a fan of much of curry, however there is something magical when mixed gently with liver. It works. It works with lentil and chickpeas also.

Mona sounds like fun! I bet she guarded that recipe with her life. ;o)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Ya she was another one
Anyway this thread reminded me to make that dish today but with strips of steak instead of livers because my kids won't eat the livers.Maybe I post a pic of it.Which reminds me I need to soon get out of bed and to the stove

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The strips steak version of the chicken liver recipe i gave in the other post.I like to chuck on lots of Parmesan when i make it with Tagliatelle pasta. Like a peasanty meaty pasta,i guess. I like having something salady or crunchy with Italian style food,i just chucked this together for the pic,normally i make a salad with cherry tomatoes,green bell pepper,lettuce and herbs,cucumber etc. As i said one can have it with mashed taters,boiled buttered taters,or rice too.Nice to have chopped fresh coriander or/and parsley with the taters or rice.
If you add a lil bit of good quality curry powder to the cream sauce,it would be more Indian style,with the chopped coriander too.

I would add the curry powder to the container of cream the previous evening so the taste can soak into the cream if you use the livers instead of strips steak. It's a nice versatile thing.

edit on 31-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: grammar

edit on 31-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: added

top topics

<< 1   >>

join