It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former C.I.A. Chief Tells of Concern Over Possible Russia Ties to Trump Campaign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Kali74

Could/would Mike Flynn or any other persons found to be working with the Russians during the campaign be charged with treason?

Is that possible?

Nope.
www.law.cornell.edu...

But advocating the overthrow of the government, is gonna get some of these assholes in hot water.
www.law.cornell.edu...

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so;
or Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

Thanks for that link. I find this very interesting. Hillary Clinton's new Resistance movement is all about destroying the duly elected President. The media as well. It's a fine line.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It gets frustrating sometimes. I get sick of the Seth Rich threads. What can you do though?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

So, where's the proof of collusion to unseat the President between the MSM, DNC/Hillary?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It gets frustrating sometimes. I get sick of the Seth Rich threads. What can you do though?

I don't think he was here for the Ebola madness or he'd be immune to it by now.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What happened to the time when you actually had to have some information before you started smack talking a sitting head of state with inuedos about them being a traitor for another nation.

I don't blame Kali for posting this, it is all he/she seems to think about lately is anything anywhere that can smear Trump. But there was a time past in news reporting when a story like this would be balked at heavily as being slanderous and unfounded regardless of being in the realm of "possible"

If former CIA director had something he should have done something. He had nothing and did nothing. So what is the point of this?...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm not rejecting your point, but you have to love these intelligence folks. He believes they were trying to be suborned either wittingly or unwittingly. If that's the case, in order to protect US citizens, and the US as a whole, shouldn't he have discussed this with the people he was concerned about? Instead of calling a few Congressmen on their break, he should've talked to the people he felt were being targeted to 1. make them aware they were being targeted, and 2. let them know that it would not be acceptable for them to wittingly be suborned.

Intelligence is supposed to help us prevent harm to our interests. It is not intended to be used to prosecute after the fact. Just like Comey, he's admitting he was bad at his job.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Could/would Mike Flynn or any other persons found to be working with the Russians during the campaign be charged with treason?

Is that possible?

Yes.

It's also possible Flynn was actually a CIA asset.

He got the Russians into a comfort zone successfully.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So I wonder who will end up looking the Dumbest if all this Russian meddling is true ?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Aww you missed my praise of the speech in Saudi Arabia. Shame.

Aren't you interested in how the investigations are going along? If you are you should pay attention to the people testifying who have knowledge on the matter otherwise how do you know for yourself? I think it would be interesting if a whole slew of evidence gets exposed in testimony, the President gets impeached and you guys have no idea why because you can't stop covering your eyes and plugging your ears.

For example, if you had bothered... Brennan did do something. How can you bitch in a thread about lack of anything if you won't even click the link to make sure what you're saying is even applicable?

Mr. Brennan became so concerned last summer about signs of Russian election meddling that he held urgent, classified briefings for eight senior members of Congress, speaking with some of them over secure phone lines while they were on recess. In those conversations, he told lawmakers there was evidence that Russia was specifically working to elect Mr. Trump as president.

NYT
edit on 5/23/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I was lurking in the bushes during those times, but I was here. To be honest, it doesn't even bother me that much but because I have a soft spot for the OP I wanted to let her know that this thread was basically reaching for nothing new and seems like she's just bored and wants to start a fight.

Which is all fine..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Misread, apologies.
edit on 5/23/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Mr. Brennan became so concerned last summer about signs of Russian election meddling that he held urgent, classified briefings for eight senior members of Congress, speaking with some of them over secure phone lines while they were on recess. In those conversations, he told lawmakers there was evidence that Russia was working to elect Mr. Trump president.

Yet somebody must have forgot to tell the DNC !!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
What happened to the time when you actually had to have some information before you started smack talking a sitting head of state with inuedos about them being a traitor for another nation.

I don't blame Kali for posting this, it is all he/she seems to think about lately is anything anywhere that can smear Trump. But there was a time past in news reporting when a story like this would be balked at heavily as being slanderous and unfounded regardless of being in the realm of "possible"

If former CIA director had something he should have done something. He had nothing and did nothing. So what is the point of this?...

Ah, the classic mistake of seeking a point to a circlejerk.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who cares who looks dumb? There's either something to investigate or everyone is upset over nothing... I think it's pretty serious, so I would like the investigation to go on. If nothing comes of it, then nothing comes of it... I have more important feelings to have than stupidity over something that smells rotten to me.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: xuenchen

Who cares who looks dumb? There's either something to investigate or everyone is upset over nothing... I think it's pretty serious, so I would like the investigation to go on. If nothing comes of it, then nothing comes of it... I have more important feelings to have than stupidity over something that smells rotten to me.

I like the investigation too !!

Personally, I believe the Russians would have preferred Sanders as President.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

If that's the case, in order to protect US citizens, and the US as a whole, shouldn't he have discussed this with the people he was concerned about?

No. If you're a cop and you're watching a drug dealer for a couple of days, do you call them over before they exchange drugs for money and say hey bud, it looks like you're selling drugs, are you? Not to mention that Congress is supposed to to check the Executive, the proper thing for Brennan to do was report it to Congress which he did.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
With weeks of collusion, speculation, and unnamed sources. It seems to me that this truth we all want and crave is that of nothing.

Absolutely nothing. Without evidence. It doesn't exist.

But it could? Is a question we have to stop going to.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If Russia did influence the election, how is it any different than the US trying to do the same thing all over world, or is it more acceptable to just take out a government by using lies to start a war to remove the leader of a country and install it's own brand new better government for said country?
How many times have we done this? How many times has it actually made things better?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No one has said that there is concrete proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election.

There is ZERO proof.
There is ZERO evidence.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

No one has said that there is concrete proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election.

There is ZERO proof.
There is ZERO evidence.

We have top level intelligence and DOJ saying and testifying that there is evidence. That is as far we have gotten, so far. This is an ongoing, developing process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join