It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Halt returns to Rendlesham: "something extraordinary happened here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Thanks for posting this. There have been many military personnel, police officers etc, all over the world who have spoken about such sightings. I have been lucky enough of having seen similar events, while in the military, and as a civilian many years ago. Although it has been years that I haven't personally seen any more evidence, it is good to read about other eyewitnesses reporting these events.

edit on 24-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This was likely a large drone before such things were publicly known

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 24-5-2017 by BullwinkleKicksButt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Delete

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Delete

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: Jobeycool
This story proves UFOs and some kind of E.T. or whatever it is forces exist.The governments will lie about it.

Well errrm back in October 1983 when I was delivering the newspapers and saw the headline "UFO Lands in Suffolk and that's official" in the News of the World. I would have agreed totally with you.

And before Springer gets in there again it is rare to still be a paperboy at 55 years of age yes!!!

I think all I can say now about the Rendlesham incident is that a number of people are still lying about it.

Well if you consider, missing time, lost memories, mental phenomena, and paranormal activity associated with this phenomena, it certainly allows the real possibility that no one is lying.
Alternatively people could be paid to lie to discredit the whole incident.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Rendlesham has always fascinated me. Here is a case with credible eyewitnesses, physical evidence (the trees that were broken off, right where they should have been), and what would seem to be a coverup by both the MOD and the Army. I for one think it was a probe. A small craft sent down from a mother ship to check out the air base. Wasn't there also some talk of the nukes going offline at the time this happened? I'm saying it's probably extraterrestrial.

It's interesting how they would make the nuke go offline. Is this due to a AC magnetic field affecting power lines or due to a scanning system based on high energy physics such as X-Ray Backscatter:

www.ponyindustry.co.jp...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

www.thesun.co.uk... -pre-brexit-election/

After the UK general election they are releasing their x-file.... well the rest of them (i think) although these x-files are the ones they have been keeping from us, apparently they did not want them to influence the upcoming election... so they are releasing them after!
edit on 25-5-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

If you look at the history of UFOs I feel there could be something significant to that mid 1970s - 1980s period that 'may' link a number of incidents to form a bigger picture. Here in the UK we 'enjoyed' (or maybe endured) a 'golden age' of UFO reports from the Berwyn crash in Wales, Rendlesham and a couple of odd cases in the mid 80s. After that there is very little to get excited about. Except, maybe, the Sheffield UFO just after the Phoenix Lights in 1997.

Don't forget Shag Harbour and the Washington Flap.

My own witnessed sighting occurred back in the late 70s. I remember when Rendelesham broke, same with Shag harbor; only giving credence to these "National Enquirer" stories because of my own thirst for more knowledge behind the 'tabloid sensationalized' versions of events because of my own direct experience.

All tales become muddled with more telling, in some cases on purpose.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

For what its worth, I've kind of been theorising that it was some kind of test in two distinct parts.

Part one was a test on those at the base. I can't expand on what or why. Those military folk do like their secrets.

Part two was on the public reaction to UFOs.
When the info was (ahem) leaked to the press, I believe that there is someone/group who were, and probably still are, monitoring the spread of information through the population. Not in relation to disclosure, by the way, but it had to be something unusual otherwise it would have fizzled out by now.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong about part one, but part two would provide a unique insight into the "underground" attitudes of people and their theories and ways of thinking in relation to this type of information.

Just a theory.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Like Roswell, over the decades this incident has taken on a life of its own. So much information has been watered down and changed/altered over the years. The thing I come back to is this, could there be any other reason, other then fame, as to why these military people would fabricate a story like this and jeopardize their military careers? Based on the number of articles and stories and books I have read on this incident, I am in the camp of something of a paranormal nature very possibly happened here. Paranormal in my definition includes possible unidentified flying object related. I don't think you can rule it out.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Whatever the radar picked up, it wasn’t a subject of interest for interceptor aircraft because it didn’t come from the east – this was the height of the Cold War. “It would have been sensible to quash any evidence. If something had happened, and it wasn’t picked up, it would have showed we weren’t capable of dealing with something from ‘above’. “Later, I read the MoD said the radar had been switched off at the time, which is a load of rubbish. “I’m no UFO nut, but something extraordinary happened here – outside the parameters of manned aircraft.”

I was going to post this in my own Rendlesham thread but seeing as you beat me to it....

What a very strange statement to make and it looks like Halt's adjusting his story to explain his own lack of action.

Why, despite all the drama of beams flashing down on his base, at his feet and strange craft in the sky did Halt do nothing but walk around a forest?

It is simply not true that the RAF would not react to intrusions in UK airspace from the West. As recent as this year Typhoon Jets were scrambled as the Russians flew two Blackjack Bombers down the West Coast of the British Isles in international airspace. At a time when tensions in Poland were rising ANY intrusion into UK airspace should have resulted in fighters being scrambled. If something was tracked on radar and no action was taken then a fair few people knew what was going on before the incident happened.

And yes Ian Ridpath is a 'skeptic'. You can read a column he wrote for New Scientist magazine in 1977 here :

Ian Ridpath, Flying Saucers Thirty Years on - New Scientist July 14th 1977

That was 40 years ago and it's really disappointing to have to say that a lot of what he said back still resonates today.

Still of the opinion that Dr James E MacDonald and his findings he concluded to his UFO investigations way back in the 50/60s still resonates today .

He made a very credible claim through out his investigations and case studies that the ET hypothesis is any thing but defunct. In fact he took apart a lot of the so called solved cases from the USAF Blue Book investigations. Far too many very credible UFO cases and witnesses to entirely dismiss the ET hypothesis.

Halt and his men experienced something out of the ordinary and reacted in the most natural way any human would to such stimuli , they were confused and bewildered and as such those out to discredit them seized on that natural bewilderment and confusion.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

It's interesting how they would make the nuke go offline. Is this due to a AC magnetic field affecting power lines or due to a scanning system based on high energy physics such as X-Ray Backscatter:

I don't think any nukes were 'online' at Bentwaters/Woodbridge. These were tactical nuclear warheads held in storage for short range use if conventional weapons failed to protect Western Europe in a conflict. There are rumours of weapons being damaged. But there is no real proof of that.

a reply to: intrptr

Don't forget Shag Harbour and the Washington Flap....

Definitely not. I was referring only to some of our Brit cases. But in the bigger scheme of things those are two very interesting cases.

The thing I come back to is this, could there be any other reason, other then fame, as to why these military people would fabricate a story like this and jeopardize their military careers?

I think you have to ask if at least one or more of these military people are knowingly fabricating the story as a part of their military career. Or perhaps even more sinister they have been implanted with false memories. At least two witnesses claim they were drugged during de-briefings by 'special agents'.

a reply to: K-PAX-PROT

Still of the opinion that Dr James E MacDonald and his findings he concluded to his UFO investigations way back in the 50/60s still resonates today .

Yes one of the 'good guys' in a world filled with charlatans and ufotainers.

Halt and his men experienced something out of the ordinary and reacted in the most natural way any human would to such stimuli , they were confused and bewildered and as such those out to discredit them seized on that natural bewilderment and confusion.

I have my suspicions that Halt knows more about what was going on than he ever lets on about. He claims he was never debriefed on the incident and also is not restricted from talking about the incident. Who knows? Maybe even he was planted with false memories to conceal the truth. Some questions about Halt are

1) Why did he place the wrong date(s) on his memo to the MoD seemingly making out all happened on the night of 27th Dec 1980. When it's now known the first night was the 25th/26th Dec. The 2nd, little known about night, 26th/27th Dec and Halt's night was the 27th/28th.

The memo says

1. Early in the morning of 27 Dec 80 (approximately 0300L) two USAF security police patrolmen saw unusual lights outside the back gate....

The next day, three depressions 1.5 inches deep and 7 inches in diameter were found where the object had been sighted on the ground. The following night (29 Dec 80) the area was checked for radiation.

Halt claims he wrote this from memory on 13th Jan 1981. Why would you do that when your records would all still be at hand and your tape still in your desk drawer? Surely accuracy would be important?

2) Why did Halt just continue walking around the forest as the events began to unfold. He never called for backup or an alert on the base and certainly avoided calling for fighter cover. He took virtually no action during the encounter with whatever it was.

3) Why did he, for a long time, deny Adrian Bustinza and John Burroughs were near him on the 3rd night? This is when something happened to Burroughs. But Halt never talks about it. Even though now, because it meant discrediting Larry Warren as a witness he claims Adrian Bustinza never left his side. Bustinza can actually be heard on the Halt tape saying "Bustinza To security Control…outta gas….East Gate".

Another message can be heard on the tape "Burroughs and two other personnel requesting …riding on a jeep, at err, your location."

So Burroughs was around as well.

I will leave it there for now as there are lots of contradictions including that binary message.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ha! I turned 54 today brother man, we're on the same chronological scale it seems.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Happy Bday Springer!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Happy Birthday Buddy.

I actually plucked that figure out of the air. I was not 55 in 1983 and still haven't reached it yet!!! Not quite. But yes we are both Generation- Xers. And I must think about retiring from that paper round.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Ha! I turned 54 today brother man, we're on the same chronological scale it seems.

Indeed, Happy Birthday

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Thanks!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think you have to ask if at least one or more of these military people are knowingly fabricating the story as a part of their military career. Or perhaps even more sinister they have been implanted with false memories. At least two witnesses claim they were drugged during de-briefings by 'special agents'.

but why fabricate a story of this magnitude do you think knowing as I mentioned the potential damage it would do to their careers?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join