It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

​History rewritten, with Europe the birthplace of mankind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Thanks for the well worded post

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Why couldn't human beings have evolved in different places at different times? Why do people think that we all come from one man and one woman? That would be one explanation for the major differences in the uniqueness of humans. It would explain the difference in physical characteristics that is obvious between the different cultures.

Ah, but then people would have to accept that we aren't all the same.

Looking around, not sure that would work out well.
edit on 23-5-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: gremlins ate a letter

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It's not the common view that there was one man or one woman. It would have been several populations of apelike animals that split at some time around 7mya.

So did they emerge from the same type of ape population, or different types of apes?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Several more than two that the OP shares as the claim. He doesn't mention genetics. If a Caucasian European has a DNA test it will show markers that are consistent "with out of Africa".

I am sure since we are all made up of the same stuff we are all related, but I am wondering if evolution of man didn't just start out in one region, but at least a few different regions. The oldest may very well be out of Africa or China or India. It is all speculation with a few tidbits of what some consider evidence strewn throughout the theories.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

ou're partially right. 'Humans' have arisen in different places and times, but the fossil evidence strongly suggests they radiated outwards from Africa. The popular public idea is that we evolved in Africa and migrated out to other lands in a one sustained wave. The popular science view is there were diverse populations in Africa and some migrated out in waves. An important factor is some of those people went back into Africa and their descendants migrated out again. The popular idea could be renamed 'The In and Out and In and Out of Africa Theory.'

So the missing link has been found?

We're living in exciting times. Only 20 years ago, we assumed Neanderthals went extinct through stupidity and being outgunned by us. Now we know the survived in our gene pool. Even our family tree has been growing to include not only Neanders, but the Floriensis and Denisovans. Another 20 years and who knows what we'll know?

It is exciting, I agree.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Because it doesn't work like that, the observable differences while dramatic to some is of little consequences to scientist, there is no dramatic uniqueness to all modern humans, on all continents one can observe variations in phenotype due to micro evolution, culture and physical characteristics have nothing to do with each other.

Ah, but there we have it. There are observable differences. A while ago I read a post about the discovery of a new body part. Differences can tell a lot about the history of a people.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

They do know this. And there is more and more evidence. But considering Africa has literally been almost unchanged for billions of years in the context of plate tectonics it makes sense that the initial and oldest ancestors came from Africa. I forgot the technical name for it, but Africa sits upon one of these massive rock like structures that has not moved, while all others have sort of moved around it. It's only recently in earths history that Africa is changing with the Somali rift valley starting to split.

Yes. I am not saying it is not the oldest, I am saying that it could be possible that mankind emerged from different kinds of apes in different places. The genetic markers that we see could be from the apes that migrated.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well we are all still the same, evolution has pointed everyone in the same direction. I am just speculating that the beginnings could very well be a lot different than what the accepted theory would indicate.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Why couldn't human beings have evolved in different places at different times? Why do people think that we all come from one man and one woman? That would be one explanation for the major differences in the uniqueness of humans. It would explain the difference in physical characteristics that is obvious between the different cultures.

The DNA evidence says that yes, we all share a common ancestor. Sorry, you are not different, you are one of us.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not that I've done a lot of research into it, but I've always kind of had the idea that modern humans evolved in the area on the western shores of the Black Sea before it shrank down to its current size. There are a number of oddly-placed hominid fossils in the area that suggest a kind of mingling of various species, and it's a good central location from which numerous human groups could have migrated throughout Europe and Africa, mixing and mingling and sometimes wiping out various hominid species along the way.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The DNA evidence says that yes, we all share a common ancestor. Sorry, you are not different, you are one of us.

They don't have DNA evidence from everyone. Can't really make that claim, lol!

No reason, if one accepts evolution, that there couldn't be some very real genetic differences in people who might have developed in different areas.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well we are all still the same, evolution has pointed everyone in the same direction. I am just speculating that the beginnings could very well be a lot different than what the accepted theory would indicate.

Oh, I am certain there is much about the "beginnings" that isn't as we now believe to be true! The more we learn, the more we find that some assumptions aren't correct.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

Several more than two that the OP shares as the claim. He doesn't mention genetics. If a Caucasian European has a DNA test it will show markers that are consistent "with out of Africa".

I am sure since we are all made up of the same stuff we are all related, but I am wondering if evolution of man didn't just start out in one region, but at least a few different regions. The oldest may very well be out of Africa or China or India. It is all speculation with a few tidbits of what some consider evidence strewn throughout the theories.

Believe me I'm not saying there isn't a perchance for that overall, hope they go on studying it more. If not the environment and other older pre hominid man accounting for variations in people it very well could be more Neanderthals, Denisovans, etc.

Due to observing the first find before they put this kind of info out it's pushing into new territory. I did have a problem with the title however, more info is needed before such a big claim.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
WELL CRAP

What will Nation of Islam do?

White folks suppose to come after black folks because you know, Yakub and Ishmael.

Whats that, you want me to link a cartoon explaining all of that?

WELL OKAY!

Just wait until everyone understands we are a gross mix of all sorts of hominids, until I enjoy the stories.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well crap, double post.]

Hmm

1:58

One of my brethren.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hey makes as much scientific and historical sense as the Mormons or Scientologist.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
While i don't care about what continent the first man stood on, this story is nothing but speculation and guess work passing off as science.

All that happened was somebody found an old jawbone (that belonged to a monkey) and while assuming that evolution is a fact, concluded that they have figured out where man originated from

Modern science is a JOKE.
edit on 25-5-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

There, there. You don’t have to believe it if it makes you so upset.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

There, there. You don’t have to believe it if it makes you so upset.

And you are free to cling on to your beliefs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

And you are free to cling on to your beliefs.

Or to pursue truth through the exercise of reason, which sadly you are not free to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join