It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictive Text on mobile a bit odd lately

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Has anyone else here noticed that predictive text and autocorrect on your phone is off a bit lately? If so, would you mind posting the brand of phone you Have? I am not interested in carrier at this point, just brand.

I have a samsung....if you look at all of my past posts you can see in the last 3 weeks I have had to edit more than ever before.

Hell....there is even a typo in this post that doesn't make sense.

Anywho...anyone else?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have a Samsung too. Predictive text can be really useful but also annoying and hilarious at the same time. I have to make sure I read before I post .

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

HTC ONE M7 on Verizon.
I always use voice to text, so I usually put it down to my phone having trouble with my Southern accent, but for a while now, it's just been weird. Unless I turn on WIFI, my phone will come up with some of the most crazy gibberish. Even when I do turn it on, it's not much better. Words that I didn't even come close to saying and predictive text is nothing short of insane.

Texting my daughter that "I made roast and potatoes and carrots for dinner if you want to come over" turns into [ seriously ] "I killed a deer if you want to come over" and some messages are just obscene. That's when I just type it myself, ham thumbed that I am.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There's been some rumors about experimental Predictive Text being able to read minds !!

The beta versions are getting automatically downloaded !!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Not certain, but I think it is processed in a server somewhere, so wifi is good and data sucks because of speed maybe?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
There's been some rumors about experimental Predictive Text being able to read minds !!

The beta versions are getting automatically downloaded !!

Yea something like that.

One time I voice to texted. I simply mumbled gibberish into the mic and was thinking about something while muttering non word sounds.

The resulting text was eerily contextually related to what I was thinking about.

My curiousity leads me to question if the phone software/hardware is actually reading minds in that instance, if its just one of those "coincidence" things that probably has some weird and bizarre scientific explanation, or if its some unforeseen fluke where our minds are almost pushing onto the technology.

Im all too familiar with strange happenings when it comes to electronic devices.
edit on 22-5-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I say wierd but it is changing words like "couldn't" with "could" and completely changing the context of what I've written.

I even just now corrected a letter "e" that I've mistakenly typed in a "3" and I get no auto correction....

Just started happening since I got this phone...just odd I guess.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Samsung note 3. Text has been terrible for about two months. Seems even more retarded when I'm sms messaging someone.

I thought it was just me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's not just Samsung phones that do it. It can be out of control funny though, until it's Not.

A brand new phone I had a month ago actually called 911 twice. It was spookY.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I'm not sure.
I have high speed internet. I can use several devices at once, such as, I'm watching TV, [ streaming Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc ] and my son can be gaming, while my daughter is watching something on her laptop, so speed is never a problem. I guess the keyboard app gets info from the cloud and uses that to run better.
Doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to do.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Way, way off...and my personal dictionary keeps deleting or forgetting or something...words are missing and it keeps happening. Mine is an HTC. Damned weird, and been going on for several months now.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
One friend I text, but never email, his last name popped up as a suggestion after I typed his first name....but I never used the full name before. It's definitely sniffing both ends of the transmission.
edit on 23-5-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

have you checked if you unintentionally changed the language from EN to something else? There´s a button on the android standard keyboard in the lower left corner. Sometimes I accidently toggle it from DE to EN without noticing and of course autocomplete won´t make propper sense.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yea, mine has been weird for going on two months now.

Samsung S7 edge. (I use samsung keyboard and swype-style typing..

I end up having to re-write everything, as auto-correct just butchers things and changes it to nothing even close.

"Common sense" got changed to "Annie" and "kitchen sink".

I need to look at how to reset some of this stuff. Been contemplating resetting my phone completely.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
another hint: auto commit. There´s no button for this on the keyboard but you can change how autocomplete commits the words after detection. It´s where you setup the additional [space] after autocompleting a word.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe I got worst keyboard when switched from Windows Mobile 8.0 to 10

Actually everything is crap now.... W8 stays for me the most useful mOS

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

samsung - and due to the peculiarities of what i do [ i dont use phone for ATS ] - the predictive text is either mindblowingly usefull and scarily accurate as it knows what i am going to say

OR

head-scratchingly farcial as it just makes crap up and attempts to wander off at a tangent

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Samsung.
Im just going to type Ann d see what my phone decides to type for me because apparently it thin is it knows better

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croesq

I'm a bit percussion about this, I ham nova had this purple.

But on a serious note my friends and myself are having problems with messages, signals and data. I'm thinking a solar flare could have garbled transmissions...maybe a smarter denier of ignorance has an answer.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I just recently went from a Samsung S6 to an S7 and I've definitely noticed a change in the predictive text. I just assumed it was from switching phones and the new one not fully used to my typing/swiping.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join