It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD is Ultimately Responsible For All Evil - But The Big Picture is Based on LOVE.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
May 22, 2017

Assuming that GOD (the Creator of all Things) is OMNIPOTENT, doesn't it follow that EVERYTHING that occurs within the Universe is condoned and enabled by GOD?

Take mankind for example. We display great LOVE and also great HATRED towards each other. Most religions teach that LOVE is of GOD, and HATE is of Satan. (Mother Theresa did GOD's work / Adolph Hitler did Satan's work)

Since God enables and allows Satan to do his evil work, isn't God just as responsible as Satan? After all, God created Satan and could destroy Satan in the blink of an eye, if he wanted to, if he is indeed omnipotent/all-powerful.

For what reason does God allow his "children" to murder each other, be it one-on-one, or one killing thousands? The only "humane" explanation I can come up with, is that if millions of people weren't killed off, the planet wouldn't be able to handle the population growth. After all, how many people would be on the Earth now, if past mass-exterminations, and one-on-one murders never happened?

The alternative would be that God is a horrible "parent", who just doesn't care what happens. One that even allows us to go to hell after physical death. I refuse to believe that our Creator would be that callous to his own children. I certainly couldn't/wouldn't condemn either of my two children to eternal torture, no matter WHAT they did. Could YOU?

No..all the things we feel are acts of horrendous evil, are indeed evil, but they are allowed because of God's LOVE of mankind, his children, as a whole. We just don't see the REAL REASONS that HE enables and allows them. Does that make sense to anyone else, besides yours truly?

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Have you read the Old Testament, God was evil in that, He ordered people to kill each other, He smited cities, made nations fight each other, made people sacrifice children etc. He was a nasty God in the old testament.

It isn't until the New Testament when He becomes forgiving

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jinn82

Doesn't it also say in the Bible that God is "immutable"...unchanging?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
God is omnipotent. All evil is soley and directly his fault. If you experience evil and unjustness. Cruelty and wickedness its because god either doesnt care about you or wants you to suffer.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
God is omnipotent. All evil is soley and directly his fault. If you experience evil and unjustness. Cruelty and wickedness its because god either doesnt care about you or wants you to suffer.

I refuse to believe that, but there's no proof either way, for those of us who are still alive.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes God is almighty so therefore everything that happened was clearly according to God's Plan and Will.

Everything is and will be exactly as God decrees.

We are the Devil, we tempt ourselves and choose to sin.
There's no one to blame but us for our choices and God for designing us to choose to be that way and writing the script of the Universe exactly like this.

We are our own Enemy.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The Bible says that.

Paul taught that God scourges his favorite children.
Meaning if God likes you he will punish you and scold you.

Funny way to show favor but hey, God's mysterious.

edit on 5/22/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jinn82
Have you read the Old Testament, God was evil in that, He ordered people to kill each other, He smited cities, made nations fight each other, made people sacrifice children etc. He was a nasty God in the old testament.

History didn't end.

God made WW2 happen.
God made me type this response to you.
God decided exactly when and what I'd eat next.
Even that little crumb that I dropped unknowingly for the mouse to eat.

It's mind blowing I know but the definition of the word "God" includes "Omnipotence" and that word means all powerful which indicates all powers of all types in all ways are God's. It is by pure definition the case and must be the case. Otherwise the words are meaningless.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Where did God make people sacrifice children, thats just dumb

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e] 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Ok I know how people hate scripture but this might help understand Christianity and what it teaches

This world is not Gods, satan offered the world to Christ and Jesus didnt want it

A few days ago I read a thread where someone was moaning, complaining and sooking that christians want Jesus to come back and end it all.

Its just mindlessness sometimes

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's mind blowing I know but the definition of the word "God" includes "Omnipotence" and that word means all powerful which indicates all powers of all types in all ways are God's. It is by pure definition the case and must be the case. Otherwise the words are meaningless.

God can be omnipotent, that doesnt mean He is always omnipotent.
Doesnt mean that God is always practicing His Omnipotence
Sometimes a soverign king will handover their leadership to another for varied reasons.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
2 words, free will. Perhaps a test or trial of sorts?
We can't even figure out each other yet, and we probably have a lot left to figure out about our own planet. Then our solar system and galaxy etc etc. And you are trying to figure out or question God and his ways? We are told that is an impossibility and I have no problem believing that much!
Face it, we are too primitive and have everything to learn. Also, no matter what your ultimate beliefs are, there is an element of faith involved. I always make sure to keep that in mind when discussing or debating such topics. If it cannot be disproven then I feel it wise to be open minded at the very least. It speaks volumes about a person who approaches this topic as if they have any real answers. We ultimately have no concrete answers to the biggest questions.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Love (God) that created this reality left and the demiurge gets to play with us.

( I'm not addressing this to you specifically ) Keep believing in free will if it make's you feel better.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Or maybe to understand the mind of God is beyond anyone's ability, because it will only cause your head to explode thinking about it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

EXODUS 22:29 seems sketchy:

Thou shalt not delay to offer the first of thy ripe fruits, and of thy liquors: the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

The Bible says that.

Paul taught that God scourges his favorite children.
Meaning if God likes you he will punish you and scold you.

Funny way to show favor but hey, God's mysterious.

It seems like the Bible really is a compilation of books from authors with different mindsets. When I read that God "created mankind in HIS image", I take that to mean that we think like God. Therefore, if we wouldn't allow our children to be tortured, God wouldn't allow us to be tortured. That's why I think there's a bigger picture that we're not seeing. Because clearly there is a lot of pain and suffering.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Where did God make people sacrifice children, thats just dumb

RaggedyMan are you serious?

You mean outside of the story of Abraham? The old testament reads like a Game of Thrones script. Which we all know Jesus in the new testament said, For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all be fulfilled.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Assuming that GOD (the Creator of all Things) is OMNIPOTENT, doesn't it follow that EVERYTHING that occurs within the Universe is condoned and enabled by GOD?

Have you read the book of Job?

Job 1:7 sounds like God doesn't even keep tabs on what Satan is doing. Satan just pops up in heaven (that alone deserves a WTF) and God was like "what have you been up to?"

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

edit on 23-5-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
If it cannot be disproven then I feel it wise to be open minded at the very least.

The burden of proof is on the claimant to demonstrate their positive claim that a God exists. Just because something hasn't been demonstrated to be false, doesn't mean it is true or even possible.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Mathew 4
8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e] 11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Ok I know how people hate scripture but this might help understand Christianity and what it teaches

This world is not Gods, satan offered the world to Christ and Jesus didnt want it

A few days ago I read a thread where someone was moaning, complaining and sooking that christians want Jesus to come back and end it all.

Its just mindlessness sometimes

That's another one of those passages that seem to be something added in to the Bible by a fiction writer. Because, if it's accurate, that means that God gave the Earth (which include all of his children) over to Satan. Can't get my mind around that one at all.

I certainly wouldn't give my children away because they disobeyed an order. Yet God would, simply because Eve listened to Satan in the Garden of Eden? No way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join