It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A BILLION Dollars for Lifetime Medical Care!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: KTemplar

Then the decision needs to be made, either we help the heroin addicts or we don't.

In other words if an addict comes into the ER and needs assistance, they are turned away to a certain death.

This needs to be a public declaration that we will not help you if you are a known addict. If you come here we will have security walk you or dump you (if unconscious) off the property.

Or it could become mandatory that they go to a treatment center if you think it would mean certain death

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Edumakated

Wow even with all the govt interference the money is rolling in in dump trucks to the health insurance cos.

In fact, UnitedHealth announced record-breaking profits in 2015, followed by an even better year this year. In July 2016, UnitedHealth celebrated revenues that quarter totalling $46.5 billion, an increase of $10 billion since the same time last year.

That's because much of it is Government (aka "taxpayer") money. United Healthcare is making big bucks from administering ObamaCare's MEDICAID EXPANSION program in 31 states.

As they say, follow the money
Shareholders, Execs and Insider Trading Politicians want a big cut of everyone else's money

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Lobbying Industries

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $3,146,090,212
Insurance $2,190,651,832

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
No price is too high for a healthy child,

Actually, I challenge your premise.

In my opinion, sometimes things are just not meant to be. In this example, I would say the baby was not meant to survive.

I say this as a parent who spent a lot of money on open heart surgery for my son who was born with a simple defect that is correctable. The problem was, he was a few weeks premature, and his lungs just weren't up to the task, and he never recovered from the surgery.

If I had been a billionaire, maybe things would have turned out differently, and I'd have definitely spent the money, whatever it took.

But the fact is, no one has the Right to *force others* to bear the burden of those kinds of costs for them.

but we have to find a way to reduce that cost.

Absolutely agree. There is simply no justification whatsoever for a day in the hospital to cost thousands of dollars.

One way I can think of is to basically gut the insurance industry, and replace it with a Co-Op 'health cost sharing' model (just like exist today), where ALL unused premiums are returned to the members (minus reasonable operating expenses that should be limited by law to a very small percentage of premiums collected), with those who spend the least getting the most back. Eliminate ALL of the red tape garbage the insurance industry mandates (intended to complicate things and drive up costs), and just let doctors and patients make the best decision they can for each situation.

Encourage the use of safe, inexpensive non toxic treatments whenever possible (Ozone, H2O2, Colloidal Silver, DMSO, etc), as well as preventative measures (healthy eating and exercise habits).

As for those with pre-existing conditions - well, that is one case where maybe the best things to do would be to simply allow them to be covered by Medicaid (or create a separate program similar to it just for those with pre-existing conditions).

Whatever is done for pre-existing conditions, they simply cannot be mixed into the regular pool of those without pre-existing conditions. Think about it - would it make sense to allow someone who never bothered to buy flood insurance to buy it the day AFTER a massive flood destroyed their home?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

The average person who lives to age 85, will be responsible for transferring more money to insurance companies and medical providers over their lifetime, than he/she earned from working.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join