It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This was definitely targeted at kids and young adults. There has got to be ample security in that arena I would imagine. Cameras and patdowns are all but mandatory here in the states.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MysticPearl
My speculation right now is whomever did this wasn't a concert goer but instead placed the bomb(s) at the exit to go off when the concert was over.

If that were true it makes the dangers worse as the protection of screening people going into events will have proved moot.

Disagree. Not moot. But yeah it doesn't protect from outsiders. I have been saying it for years (quietly because I don't want to be called a terrorist lol) especially in airports in the check-in queues. All you need is someone with a nail or ball bearing bomb or two.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm not gonna speculate anymore. The Met, MI5 are professional. I just think that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Bomb disposal unit is on the scene now according to Fox news..

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yep. I was 13 when I went to my first one. God knows how I'd have reacted to something like this--whatever this is.

As of five minutes ago, there's nothing of any substance save the death toll, and the count of the injured...

If this was deliberate, and there's nothing but speculation as yet that I'm aware of, someone needs to die. But let's apportion the blame to those deserving of it, not people undeserving of it.

link   
a reply to: Leonidas

twitter.com...

I think it's related to this, not separate.

link   

twitter.com...

?????

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

originally posted by: UKTruth

My speculation right now is whomever did this wasn't a concert goer but instead placed the bomb(s) at the exit to go off when the concert was over.

If that were true it makes the dangers worse as the protection of screening people going into events will have proved moot.

Disagree. Not moot. But yeah it doesn't protect from outsiders. I have been saying it for years (quietly because I don't want to be called a terrorist lol) especially in airports in the check-in queues. All you need is someone with a nail or ball bearing bomb or two.

In this case, it wouldn't surprise me if they find inside job given the level of scrutiny usually applied to concert goers these days.

link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Another blast at a Manc train station?

Any confirmation?

Heard nothing on that.

link   
a reply to: auroraaus

The long security lines at sporting events/concerts are prime targets for terrorists.

Everyone's sitting ducks in one place.

edit on 22-5-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If this was deliberate, and there's nothing but speculation as yet that I'm aware of, someone needs to die. But let's apportion the blame to those deserving of it, not people undeserving of it.

Way back in the folds of my mind that doesn't see light very often, the thought comes that, that may be exactly what you(we) are supposed to think.

link   
This was the foyer just outside the main arena entrance - security checks as you enter into the arena itself.

link   
There are a number of tweets now saying an explosion at Victoria Station. Unconfirmed..

link   

A sacred right of passage for a kid

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yeah, even if it was an accident it would be hard enough, doesn't seem like an accident though which adds so much more grief, anguish and trauma. Those kids will never be 100% again.

+11 more 
link   
Has Sadiq Khan chimed in to minimalize this incident yet?

Remember: Terror attacks are 'part and parcel of living in a big city', claims London mayor Sadiq Khan .

edit on 22-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: auroraaus

The long security lines at sporting events/concerts are prime targets for terrorists.

Everyone's sitting ducks in one place.

I am just thinking of the setup to get into football here in the states. They don't let you take in your own drinks, so you have lots of barrels for trash right there at the entry and exit and masses queuing up to either enter or leave.

Put a device in one or more of those trash barrels ahead of time, and you have a bad situation.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

twitter.com...

?????

That link IS saying a second explosion.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
There are a number of tweets now saying an explosion at Victoria Station. Unconfirmed..

I'd wait for official. You know how this is - there are always numerous false alarms after something like because everyone is super on edge and rightfully so.

link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Victoria Station and the arena are the same location - kinda like penn station just below Maddison square garden.

link   
I really don't know how people can go so low as to target children and young adults.

Jesus wept.

Prayers to all those involved and affected.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join