It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
there's something wrong with out own societies...and we're all to blame

Now THERE......you've hit the nail on the head.

There are always going to be segments of a society that are the "bad apples," if you will. As you have said, it's in our nature to kill and destroy. But it is also in our nature to create and build. So how to nurture the good side and subdue the bad?

I still believe that if values and morals are taught early, then the individual has a much better chance (not 100% but still better chance) of becoming a moral "good" person, a contributor to society. Someone who would stop to help a person in trouble, instead of fomenting trouble. A large part of it is teaching that life is precious, life has meaning. Teaching civility, manners and respect for others - as well as oneself. And teaching that actions have CONSEQUENCES...and then implementing those consequences.

I see these kids coming to university. And we get the "cream of the crop" - not just good grades, but extra curricular activities...student leaders, accomplished, talented...and they are struggling because they have never been held accountable...they've never experienced disappointment or been expected to experience the consequences of their actions. They all need their hand held. You have no idea how many "emotional support animals" we have to approve (because the federal government requires it, if a "who cares I'll write a letter" doctor says that they need one for their "emotional well being." When mid-term exams approach our counseling center is filled with kids who are DEEPLY depressed or have CRIPPLING anxiety...who have suicidal ideation and have created a suicide plan. Because they cannot handle stress and hard work and LIFE.

There is something wrong with society...when bad behavior isn't addressed and children aren't disciplined for it, when someone gets a trophy for just showing up, when competition is labeled as "bad" and people with religious beliefs are labeled as "bigoted" and "hateful," because they believe in something other than the MSM-driven agenda. There is something wrong with a society that doesn't teach its children correct principles.

And here we are......living in it.

Edited to Add: I just saw an article about students at the University of Michigan complaining to the administration that WOOD PANELING in the buildings on campus make them "intimidated and feel marginalized."

ANYONE who thinks we are raising our children correctly is completely DELUDED.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

That makes it worse, it shows that integration has failed miserably.
I realised that years ago during the rise of loony left 'political correctness' that kept so many otherwise able minds from speaking out.
This is the result.
Integration works, but has it's own momentum. Trying to force peeps of all creeds to live together does not work, they will come to accept each other in due course, as is happening now on the net.

That is what TPTB want to avoid, any kind of cohesion.
Divide & conquer, etc.

If peeps took it into their own minds to make their own decisions, and stop listening to the preachers, there may be hope for us yet, as a species.
But i remain sceptical, i would prefer to abandon this planet altogether......

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Well i did already mention UKSF being based in London....

anyway on this

MI5 may be slow, but they will get there sooner or later, and i daresay a 'license to kill' has been issued.

MI5 does not have a license to kill, neither does the SAS, what does exist however is something called Operation Kratos which allows the police to shoot to kill a suspected suicide bomber, its not actually in effect any more under that name after the Stockwell tube shooting but the tactics remain.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
They DO NOT consider themselves Radical! They consider themselves Muslim!

From the mouths of the Muslims themselves. They will lie to the kafir (people that are uncapped or do not believe in allah), and that it is Expected of them to do so. Perhaps the Third World War will not be fought against Russia, but the muslim world.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Cut the cr**. The current terrorist problem is the radical islamic variety.
You are right that we can not change their ideology, so more direct action is required.

Yeah sure direct action, let's drop more bombs in the middle east when the majority of terrorists are born in our own nations.

It's worked for the past decade hasn't it ?

oh wait.....

The direct action has already been discussed and it does not have to involve war.
One thing I do know is that bringing up Christians and deflecting from the real danger today - radical islamic terror - is not helping anyone.

This whole home grown argument is pure nonsense. It is still radical islamic terrorism. The more we fail to realise that and the more borders are opened up the worse the problem will become, because despite your protestations the Islamic world is infested with extremists and there is just no safe way to increase the population of Muslims without increasing the risks.

It's up to the Muslim world to fix the mess and in the meantime action is required. Stopping immigration, deporting or arresting known extremists and punishing those that spread this hate. Like I said. I fully expect Muslims all over this country to start properly cooperating to weed out the cancer that has grabbed hold of their religion.

Excuses about some other issue that pales in significance to radical islamic terrorism is nothing more than a deflection from the issue at hand.
edit on 23/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I agree, you know that 70-80% of kids today, when separated from their cellphones etc, feel suicidal after just a few days?
They have forgotten how to make real contact with real peeps. Take that virtual world away & they are hopeless.

Hopefully we can do that with religion, too.

Let them all wander about for a bit, then introduce them to the truth.

But i doubt it, history is cyclic, we make the same mistakes over & over. I still hold some hope because the number of good peeps outweighs the number of bad peeps, but never forget what just 1 man can do, we've seen it often enough.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Come on then where are your solutions ? You're all gusto when attacking someone who's opinion may differ to yours on the matter but I'm yet to see you offer a solution to radical Islam ?

If you really want to find the solution to the problem you'll stop blaming Islam and look into what really causes a person to be willing to strap a bomb to themselves and blow up a bunch of innocent people, I can tell you that religion isn't the reason, it's because they're batsh!t insane and deluded. God is just an excuse, just like alcohol is an excuse for people to start fights in bars, it's not the alcohol that makes them fight it's because they want to fight, just like nutjobs want to kill a bunch of people. It's a sickness but we can't call it that because it questions the ethics of religion so instead it's much easier to bicker amongst ourselves.

The only way the world will be at peace is if there's 1 person left alive or none and we're going the right way to choosing the latter

You talk about people being afraid to talk about the problem ? Most don't talk about the problem they instantly try to blame Islam, how is that productive when it's not Islam that's the problem, it makes the Muslims feel cast as outsiders and just breeds more hatred. As I said what percent of Muslims are terrorists, come on I want a number ?

a reply to: matafuchs

The IRA says hello, or is the past 30 years not recent enough ? Religion wasn't the reason for their terrorism but they were still religious Catholics/Christians

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And right on cue, Katy Perry comes out today and says we need no walls, open borders, more love and we all just need to co-exist.

Is this lady brain damaged? Opening England's borders to accept these people and show them love by offering a better life has resulted in countless people's loved ones dead in the streets. Would she tell the parents who lost their kid yesterday that they just needed to show more love? That if there was only more love, their child would be at home and safe right now instead of in a morgue?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And how large is Katy's security entourage.............because you just KNOW she travels with one.

Love is a lovely idea. And yes, love is what this world needs. Right after we take out the evil ba$tards that would blow up little girls.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Send Katy Perry to Raqqa.

She can take Lilly Allen for company.

Idiots.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And right on cue, Katy Perry comes out today and says we need no walls, open borders, more love and we all just need to co-exist.

she's right
why do you not agree with her

?

edit on 2352017 by Catalina22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Her LA mansion, funny enough, has walls around it.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The direct action has already been discussed and it does not have to involve war.
One thing I do know is that bringing up Christians and deflecting from the real danger today - radical islamic terror - is not helping anyone.

This whole home grown argument is pure nonsense. It is still radical islamic terrorism. The more we fail to realise that and the more borders are opened up the worse the problem will become, because despite your protestations the Islamic world is infested with extremists and there is just no safe way to increase the population of Muslims without increasing the risks.

It's up to the Muslim world to fix the mess and in the meantime action is required. Stopping immigration, deporting or arresting known extremists and punishing those that spread this hate. Like I said. I fully expect Muslims all over this country to start properly cooperating to weed out the cancer that has grabbed hold of their religion.

Excuses about some other issue that pales in significance to radical islamic terrorism is nothing more than a deflection from the issue at hand.

I hope so, i have muslim friends & they always tell me that ALL life is sacred, according to the Koran.
But yes, extremism is always there, and it is up to those peeps to govern their own, as it were.

If they don't, we will all suffer.
edit on 23-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2017 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

so you are hearing mixed signals

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Her LA mansion, funny enough, has walls around it.

Wow. I'm dumbfounded. Really?

Who woulda thunk???

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Again you fall back on this empty platitude about how even two people alive will still make violence inevitable.

I will give you my solutions, and I will admit they will never solve all of the prolems, but they will do a damn better job than moaning on about how we can do nothing because humans are evil and Christians are bad to.

First we stop regime change wars around the world. Most of the time this involves arming moderates who end up being radical Islamic terrorists a couple of years later.

In that same vein we stop selling weapons to countries that we know have supported Isis, such as Saudi Arabia.

next, we enforce our borders (by our I mean any country seeking to minimize terrorism). Stop the globalization dream of forced multi multiculturalism. This will be helped by less refugees being created by ending the regime change wars.

We also have to be honest about the problem. Not saying Islamic terrorism means we can never confront the problem. We must have increased intelligence on people that show signs of extremism. We can not tolerate demands for immigrants to not assimilate into the values of our countries (such as hating gays or other sharia concepts).

We must also celebrate and reward the brave people in the Islamic community that call out this extremism.

We should not hesitate to attack known "hard targets" with extreme prejudice of groups such as Isis. We should cooperate with any country willing to help in this effort, including Russia.

We should never make excuses for the terrorists that allows them to prey on our countries sympathies.

This would be a good start.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Catalina22

Oh I don't know, maybe because the open border policy which took in a pair of Libyan immigrants and offered them "love" and a better life turned into them having a radicalized son who just killed 22 people.

Are you suggesting just a little more love shown is what would have prevented the attack?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catalina22

so you are hearing mixed signals

Are you her publicist?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Catalina22

Or perhaps, your google connection doesn't work.

You're disputing her mansion doesn't have walls and she doesn't have a large security detail? She does, but why? What's she afraid of if we all just need to love one another and co-exist?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Is this lady brain damaged? Opening England's borders to accept these people and show them love by offering a better life has resulted in countless people's loved ones dead in the streets. Would she tell the parents who lost their kid yesterday that they just needed to show more love? That if there was only more love, their child would be at home and safe right now instead of in a morgue?

All the ridiculous platitudes and hashtags are nothing more than an insult at this stage.

Paul Joseph Watson says it best:

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join