It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Just getting back up to speed on this.

Was he a suicide bomber? Did he die in the attack?

Yes and yes, and unfortunately it looks like ISIS.

Thanks. ISIS did claim responsibility.

Just read that one of the victims was an 8 year old girl.

Sad and sick.

They put that girls picture on the TV. My heart sank.

You'd be a monster if it didn't bother you.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

It's posts like this that gives conspiracy theorists a bad name and helps deflect away from genuine conspiracies.

There is not one single bit of evidence to suggest there is even the tiniest bit of truth in what you have stated.

Given the nature of the attack and recent history I'd guess - and I acknowledge it can only be described as an educated guess at present - that this was an IS / other radical organisation inspired attack carried out by a sole individual who was supported by one or several like minded individuals in the planning of the cowardly attack.

And I doubt its the last time we see these tactics used on our shores - hopefully I'll be proved wrong on that last bit.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flanker86

I doubt its the last time we see these tactics used on our shores - hopefully I'll be proved wrong on that last bit.

Sadly it's almost certain that you'll be proved right - again, and again, and again ad infinitum.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

holy god. this thing is awful. best regards, man

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9
He may have even been born in Britain, but bringing more immigrants in from countries where this stuff was born and brews may not be the best idea.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Don't get me wrong, I do agree. What I am saying is this attack probably has nothing to do with Brexit or June 8th

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

It probably has got nothing to do with it , but if you check the number of bombings in the UK they all happen in a general election year , weird eh!

I also wonder what the queen makes of this , since she is sovereign head of state and can effectively do what she likes when she likes I wonder why she hasnt just said "# it" and gave the powers to parliament to hunt these dogs down and throw them in the sea

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

sapien82, the Queen, may God bless her, has no more power in terms of ordering military action or any other action, than you or I do. She dissolves parliament occasionally, holds functions, performs her role, but she has no actual authority in any realistic sense. If she ordered you to go and get her a sandwich, there would be no law supporting her expectation of actually receiving one.

She could rock up to parliament tomorrow and shout at the MPs about getting things done, and it would have precisely no actual weight behind it at all. Has not had since a good long time ago. She really has not the power people think she has. She has some ceremonial roles to play in things like elections, parliaments going in and out, but really, she is nothing more than a figurehead and a compass, certainly not the captain or the sails.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This is a good thread about the children of those who escape war torn countries, etc.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Recruiting is also much easier as is communication with the internet. There are also 1000's in the UK who have fought in Syria, Yemen, etc who have come back and want to continue the fight.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The Queen does not have the authority to put that into effect.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Don't get me wrong, I do agree. What I am saying is this attack probably has nothing to do with Brexit or June 8th

And I agree with you on that.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The smallest of touches but my town hall here in SW England is flying the Union flag at half mast today for the people of Manchester.
I hope every town hall in the nation is doing the same in solidarity.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

there was me thinking she has the power to do that , or is that actual rubbish then
as I thought the queen has the power to do that with parliament and there is nothing we can legally do about it
and she just normally lets parliament get along with it because it would cause so much hassle that its not worth the time

Oh well

there is alot of mixed information about that online
Ive read that the ultimate authority and sovereignty rests with the queen in parliament
and if we no longer need her then why do we still have Royal Assent

if they had to hold the king at ransom and to be put to death for magna carta do you really think the royals will yield control so easily ?

Another topic of discussion sorry

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: Kali74

A truly devastated upset Lady live on Radio Manchester, giving account of body parts and shocking scenes, she believes bomb in foyer

Truly a sad night in my home city, and I stand in agreement that true mancunians of all nations will be helping their brothers tonight

late to the meeting, want to bump this audio. devastating

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It is another topic of discussion, but just to clarify, the monarchy only exists because we permit it to be so. The monarchy knows this, and so they accept their reduced role. Yes, it is written in various places that the power in the nation rests with her... but in reality, it rests with the people and their representatives. Her Majesty cannot interfere in our democracy by inserting her will into it like an unwelcome sausage at a vegan festival.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

if we no longer need her then why do we still have Royal Assent

Heritage, history, sentiment you name it. Time look passed by the Kingdom. Why do we still have hot and cold water separate in sinks

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

love the royals immensely esp kate and willz

your post

she has no actual authority in any realistic sense. If she ordered you to go and get her a sandwich, there would be no law supporting her expectation of actually receiving one.

reminded me of a favorite quote

Alice laughed. “There’s no use trying,” she said: “one can’t believe impossible things.”
“I daresay you haven’t had much practice,” said the Queen. “When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”.

so sad how slowly change occurs

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It just struck me that Manchester would be a prime target if you were looking for some kind of "backlash". Lots of gangs and guns in the city, not to mention the fact that children were attacked.

I wouldn't be all too surprised if this got uglier...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Manchester is a very cool place and this is real live horror

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join