It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: celticniall

They have arrested someone in connection and have identified the bomber. He was UK born, early 20's and was known to UK authorities.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: celticniall

They have arrested someone in connection and have identified the bomber. He was UK born, early 20's and was known to UK authorities.

Interesting you got a link?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Careful as the British govt might claim "due to terrorism, Brexit must be reverted!"!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Islamic State claims responsibility.

www.almasdarnews.com...
edit on 23-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

While unclear if this is an official release - recall, earlier in the day UK PM Theresa May said authorities knew the name of the Manchester attack suspect but were not disclosing it until they were certain - moments ago CBS reported that the suspect behind the Manchester attack is 23-year-old Salman Abedi. As CBS also adds, he was known to authorities.

www.zerohedge.com...

Haven't seen info about an arrest though.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The suicide bomber has also been identified
23 year old Salman Abedi

Identified
edit on 23-5-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I want to respond to this in a little more detail because you've made a couple good points, and you've asked some good/fair questions. However, I have to run right at the moment.

I will endeavor to come back later and respond in more detail.

Best regards,

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It was a nail bomb......
Full article and interview with homeless man who helped the victims...
Nail bomb

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Careful as the British govt might claim "due to terrorism, Brexit must be reverted!"!

More like, due to terrorism, Brexit should be enhanced and expedited.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

stop the production and sale of arms world wide , stop funding our agencies to intervene and overthrow people , stop funding proxy wars , stop fighting wars with other nations
reduce the numbers of our armed forces because our leaders are all so #ing paranoid
they dont want to lose their power so they protect it by increasing spending on our armies

yes why not throw in world peace
or are you some how in favour of perpetual war , I thought not!

Well the UK could apologise for overthrowing their shah
and we could tell them we no longer wish to see them in a negative way and
be more diplomatic with them and offer trade agreements in progress rather than
considering them a threat because we are told they are by our allies

I never said the attacks were a false flag , they are attacks and are obviously carried out to cause suffering
but its the politicians who use the suffering as a tool to get votes, of course there are terror attacks which we are not privy too and outwith anyone in governments control.

The ideas I have maybe a pipe dream but its better to dream of a better future
than just accept we are living in hell , I never said that the bomb was mass produced did I , so not sure why you brough that up as a point !
Stopping the mass production of weapons means we are focused less on the profit of suffering and misery and more on the development of people !

It's a multi faceted problem , but we have to start somewhere and stopping the sale of arms and ordnance and reducing our armies takes guts , and the actions of someone who wants peace

surely if the people voted a government who wanted to ban the sale and production of arms in their country it could happen?

there is no easy solution but thanks for helping me figure it out , I mean your input on how to solve this was stellar and really helped me hone my own ideas into a solution thats easily carried out
thanks for the input , instead of mocking the idea of peace and calling it fantasy why dont you help come up with ideas to solve this , or are you just going to make jokes about it and bury your head in the sand too ?

That is a dream of a world that has never existed in human history. Whilst I applaud the dream, there is no path to it.
If we embarked on that route, we'd have to accept that more of our citizens would be killed by terrorists at random for decades to come. Yours is a generational solution, but people care about their lives and those of their family and friends right now.

This is not going to be solved by focusing on a perfect vision of world peace undoing the pain of millennia of conflict.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Flanker86

More like, due to terrorism, Brexit should be enhanced and expedited.

This pos was homegrown, born in the UK. I think this attack was a genuine daesh attack.

Usually there are three reasons a terrorist attack actually can happen in a Metropolis.

TPTB lets it happen/False flag.. In my opinion this was not one of them. What would be the agenda? The UK election? That was done and dusted when Brexit was voted for.

Luck... Terrorist might get lucky not to get caught in the process. Rare but happens

Not enough resources for Intelligence agency. With the recent massive migration towards Europe I can imagine that the
MI 5/6 services are stretched to maximum. So much attention to newcomer threats, might not be enough attention to the ones are homegrown or resided here in the UK years ago.

edit: I might have been hasty a bit. I cant say he was born here, but he was British definitely

edit on 23-5-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
The suicide bomber has also been identified
23 year old Salman Abedi

Identified

...and surprise, surprise.. he was on the radar of British authorities. Those same authorities now have blood on their hands.
I hope we see mass arrests and questioning of all these people 'known' to authorities.
edit on 23/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

It must have been really hard to post 800 times and only get 269 stars - kudos!!

Although, going by this post, maybe not that hard...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Just getting back up to speed on this.

Was he a suicide bomber? Did he die in the attack?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yes and yes, and unfortunately it looks like ISIS.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Thanks. ISIS did claim responsibility.

Just read that one of the victims was an 8 year old girl.

Sad and sick.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Reports surfacing of a controlled explosion in a house in Fallowfield South Manchester and armed police in attendance
Further Explosions

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Thanks. ISIS did claim responsibility.

Just read that one of the victims was an 8 year old girl.

Sad and sick.

They put that girls picture on the TV. My heart sank.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For what it's worth, ISIS claims responsibility for any idiot that blows himself up. Doesn't mean they directed it, or were even aware of this guys plans. Stop giving them the attention they crave. He may have been influenced by ISIS, but may have been acting on his own. ISIS takes credit for almost literally every terror attack that someone else doesn't claim responsibility for.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So much of this has really got to me.

The video of the woman at the concert that hears the explosion, and then she hears screaming, but it takes a moment for the reality and panic to sit in. This absolutely horrified me.

Then I just saw a woman crying because she hasn't heard from her daughter and has no clue if shes alive or dead. Absolutely heart wrenching.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join