It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Xcathdra

Good point.

No it wasn't.
(see above)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Arizonaguy

But it can be joined and that is what you're suggesting.

How do you destroy evil by choosing to become evil??

That doesn't work to fight terrorism you need to do two things. One cut off the source of funding they can't recruit or support terrorism without money. The other thing is to track down and remove their leaders

Exactly what King George had in mind regarding that little spat we call the revolutionary war

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Devils advocate -

Assuming you are white --
Are you responsible for the Holocaust during WW2?

Strawman
ideology is being discussed here, not traits
people are born white
people choose to be islamic

it would be better to liken it to if (s)he was a nazi would they be responsible for the holocast (even then, its mostly no..most were just typical soldiers for the Reich)

Also a good point. This is what I call discussion.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Not one video shows anything of substance other than some people panicking after a noise was heard. Weird.

Maybe not. A young teen committed suicide in my area last week. Outside of the school sending a telephone and text notice to the parents of the children that attended that school, no other information was presented on the event.

Not one mention in the news, on the internet, or even on social media. The school, media, and law enforcement are down playing situations like suicide to stop giving the attention and focus on the act itself, and spending the attention on identifying and getting help for the children that may be in need of support.

Providing the terrorist a soap box isn't going to help the problem. Identifying and eliminating them is a better solution.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Good point.

No it wasn't.
(see above)

killing terrorist? im good with.
killing their families? You are ok with family members being killed solely based on guilt by association?
Destroying their villages?

Not a strawman argument...

White people chose to enact the Holocaust - a choice
White people chose to enact apartheid in S. Africa - a choice
White people chose to enact slavery in the 1800's - a choice

Guilt by association is not acceptable and as I pointed out the exact same argument can be made in reverse.

edit on 23-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Providing the terrorist a soap box isn't going to help the problem. Identifying and eliminating them is a better solution.

I agree, but first we have to determine what is real and what isn't. Or at least determine what is hyped to the point of satisfying a political goal (via media propaganda etc) and when it's a real and actual threat.

Who knows anymore, right?? We live in an age where we need actual video evidence of things. Fortunately, we also live in an age where almost everyone has a cell phone. Everything is recorded. It sucks, but it is what it is.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

In the conflict that began in Chechnya and has since metastasized into a loosely organized Islamic rebellion throughout the Caucasus region, Russian security services routinely arrest, torture and kill relatives, rights groups say.

The Russian approach, enough to make supporters of waterboarding wince, has by some accounts been grimly effective. Abductions of family members unwound the rebel leadership in Chechnya, for example.

www.google.com...

Perhaps we can learn alot from Russia

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You sure about that? It didnt seem to stop terror attacks in Russia.

List of terror attacks in Russia since 1970 - wiki

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Good point.

No it wasn't.
(see above)

Yes it was. You just disagree.

Stop with the petty jabs and continue with your argument. I gave you kudos for the discussion, keep THAT up.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Who knows how many more attacks without that tactic? And it did break the Checnyan leadership

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Good point.

No it wasn't.
(see above)

killing terrorist? im good with.
killing their families? You are ok with family members being killed solely based on guilt by association?
Destroying their villages?

Not a strawman argument...

White people chose to enact the Holocaust - a choice
White people chose to enact apartheid in S. Africa - a choice
White people chose to enact slavery in the 1800's - a choice

Guilt by association is not acceptable and as I pointed out the exact same argument can be made in reverse.

I wouldn't join the nazis, because they have the legacy of violence
I wouldn't enact apartheid because it leads to violence and oppression
I wouldn't go back in time and be in favor of slaves knowing what I know now because obvious reasons
I wouldn't join islam because first off...religion..but also because its the least enlightened religion on the planet (imo)
I wouldn't join christians because...religion. if time is irrelevant, then they also have a history of violence.

Lets deal with the last 30 years though. nazi's aren't a thing anymore (regardless of what hysterical tumblrinas demand). Apartheid is over, slavery still exists in india, china, some parts of russia, middle east, and africa..but not in the west.
The relevant discussion then on what a person can join in free will is a religion
islam, christianity, judism.
This is a choice. nobody is born a muslim, a christian, a jew (religion).

As far as the rest of the stuff you were writing about...killing familys and stuff. not sure if I am following.
It could be a interesting topic though, but perhaps too deep for this thread. its a bit off topic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Killing families and stuff was from the poster I responded to. He was advocating killing terrorists, the families of terrorists and leveling the towns where terrorist reside / came from.

Hence my point - guilt by association is a double edged sword.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I think this discussion is ON topic. Threads like this are often taken in this direction..... because events like this LEAD to discussions like the one being had with you and Xcath. It's NOT off topic, geeze. It's nice to see a discussion for once.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
To our very close allies, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
19 girls slaughtered and over 50 injured.
What will the British do? We will soon see.
I'm sure we have 5 or 6 MOAB's that could be delivered to the RAF.
Once they figure out that it was Iran supported, I'm sure Tehran
would be an excellent target.
The only way to deal with these muslims is to bring destruction on a MASSIVE scale.
BTW, I''ll be happy to send them 20 gallons of beacon grease to place inside the MOABs.
And no, I don't hate them, no more than a rapid dog. You just have to put it down.
Peace through superior firepower.

Bomb Tehran?

Have you ever been there?

Where tf do you get your weed because DAMN, bro, you must be ripped.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well the absolute WORST thing would be if any anti Muslim backlash came from this. I mean, THATS what's important here right?
Those poor muslims who follow the book of peace may face some sort of discrimination for their hateful, intolerant, homophobic, misogynist beliefs. We need to ensure this doesn't happen, maybe we should import MORE muslims into ALL non muslim societies. That will show them we love Islam and will GUARANTEE 100% to stop any future attacks, GUARANTEED!!!

(Libtards are thick)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

At least now there will be a serious discussion about this and some real work done to safeguard the western homelands.

plan leaked already:

Thank-you for sharing that flowchart of how nauseatingly predictable the reaction to these terrorist attacks have become in Europe.

Eventually, some countries will break that cycle by implementing the CareWeMust solution. Terrorist attacks will (likely) become few and far between in those nations.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I think that you would have a solid argument EXCEPT
It was hundreds of thousands of white people that died to help end The Holocaust
It was a bunch of White people that basically forced an end to Apartheid
It was on account of hundreds of thousands of white people dieing that slavery was aboliahed in the USA

When I see vast numbers of Muslims taking up arms to end Isis
To end AlQueda
To end Radical Islamic Terrorism
When they lose their lives so that others can live in peace and free
Like the others I listed above
Then
And only then
Do you have an argument

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sorry, but life got in the way of following this story today (yay), can someone sum up the latest? Do they have the guy? Is there more than one?

I see ISIS claimed responsibility.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Police now say that 22 have died.

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join