It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
the only way this is going to stop is with totally drastic measures. Unfortunately we're going to have to be more brutal than they are. Perhaps kidnapping the families of the terrorists, dismembering them ,and wrapping them in bacon and sending them back in a box and tell them this is going to be every one of you people would be more productive then the song and dance that we are currently doing

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thanks for the links.

It almost doesn't matter how many times Muslims speak out against these atrocities because the media, reporters, and other commentators still rarely report it. Those terrorists kill more Muslims globally than any other demographic, but that doesn't get talked about either. They blow up mosques, Islamic shrines, graveyards, and much more, yet that rarely gets talked about too. They've even attacked mosques during Eid prayers, demand "protection money" from businesses, and abduct women & kids.

And the majority of groups that are opposing them globally are other Muslim groups and organizations, but that doesn't get mentioned either. For example, the militaries of Muslim majority countries like Syria, Chad, Somalia, Egypt, Iraq, Iran (the revolutionary guard), etc are also fighting those terrorists. So are the Muslim majority groups like Hezbollah (which is fighting ISIS & Al Nusra in Syria) & the Kurdish people in both Iraq & Syria, who've been fighting ISIS & Al Nusra the whole time.

Multiple times right here on ATS I've challenged people to do google searches of the very things you linked, usually because they say the same crap like "why don't Muslims speak out?". Even my Dad and his associates, who operate a mosque and are building another mosque, have put out statements against terrorism. They also work with local police and the FBI on counter terrorism programs right here in the US, though I won't mention their names for the sake of privacy.

If you notice, I rarely post in threads like this anymore. I just don't see the point in constantly having to denounce the actions of people on another continent who I've never met, who I don't agree with, and who hate me just as much as Islamophobes do. As a pacifist, I'm obviously against this crap. But I also find it preposterous that people try to hold all 1,800,000,000 or so Muslims accountable for the crimes of an extreme minority. Isn't the whole point in Western judicial systems that individuals are only accountable for their own actions? Every gunowner isn't responsible for the actions of every mass shooter & every Christian isn't responsible for the crimes of every Christian criminal; yet every Muslim is treated as guilty when another Muslim commits a crime? (obviously that's not aimed at you, I guess I'm just venting now)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Then they win.

Abandoning our values will work in their favor and not ours.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

if you don't mind me asking, who is they and what is their purpose?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
maybe im just paranoid but this seems very telling its just before the election, an important one plus yesterday labour was starting to out do the conservatives.
may was going back on some of her policies as there was such a backlash on what she wanted to do.
also this general election theres a real push to get young people to vote and its young people who are attacked.

as someone said on here its weird no one has heard anyone shout alu akbar (or how ever you spell it)

perhaps im an old nut job but i dont know, i just feel for the innocents involved here.

britain needs to do what they have always done when it comes to terror attacks from the past, brush them sleves off and go on as normal, never give in to terror

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

I am more likely to believe it is a geniune attack than not

the propaganda from both sides is strong to create true believers

order out of chaos

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

if you don't mind me asking, who is they and what is their purpose?

They = terrorists
Purpose = To hide behind a religion they dont represent while the actions they take are in complete contradiction to the religion they claim to be in order to justify their actions.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What values? We're the gosh darned U S of fricken A! We've raped and robbed and plundered and murdered our way to the top of the heap, and nobody can bring us down at this point except ourselves, as long as we keep the barbarians at bay. And make no mistake, these people are brutal barbarians, and tje only thing they understand is force.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I think it's that kind of thinking which has got us this far along actually.

I'm not sure how you can fight evil by trying to become more evil than what you already consider evil. What are you then???

I mean if I fight against something it's because on a level of principle it is my opposite. If I become it, or worse even, haven't I already lost who I am already??? At that point I am also what I hate aren't I??? What is the point of my own existence once I've made the choice to change over like that???

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
the only way this is going to stop is with totally drastic measures. Unfortunately we're going to have to be more brutal than they are. Perhaps kidnapping the families of the terrorists, dismembering them ,and wrapping them in bacon and sending them back in a box and tell them this is going to be every one of you people would be more productive then the song and dance that we are currently doing

Do you realize that's exactly why ISIS/Daesh does the barbaric things they do? They literally say they must act so ferocious that their opponents will be too afraid and disgusted to strike back.

That's why I always say I don't support either "side" in this crap; because as you've just pointed out, both sides are just looking for excuses to commit atrocities. Both sides justify killing innocent people, them as "infidels" and you as collateral damage or "kidnapping the families of the terrorists, dismembering them ,and wrapping them in bacon", as you put it.

Ok, I'm out. I've read enough to know where this is going.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Vent away man and I didn't take your post as being directed at me so no worries. The only way to change things is to talk about it, dispel the lies / rumors / misconceptions and to turn the fear into knowledge. It is not an easy task but slowly I believe it can be done.

Sent you a pm.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Evil can't be reckoned with. It can't be contained. It can only be wiped out. Destroyed. Eradicated.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

But it can be joined and that is what you're suggesting.

How do you destroy evil by choosing to become evil??
edit on 23-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Hey..I'm sorry that you're upset. So am I. Wanna know why? I have a daughter about the same age as tje concertgoers. She goes to concerts. I can't magine something like happening to her. My heart sinks just thinking about it. Screw being nice...I want my daughter to be safe

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

What values? We're the gosh darned U S of fricken A! We've raped and robbed and plundered and murdered our way to the top of the heap, and nobody can bring us down at this point except ourselves, as long as we keep the barbarians at bay. And make no mistake, these people are brutal barbarians, and tje only thing they understand is force.

Devils advocate -

Assuming you are white --
Are you responsible for the Holocaust during WW2?
Are you responsible for apartheid in S. Africa?
Are you responsible for slavery in the 1800's?

I agree they are brutal barbarians however speaking / accusing in broad strokes is a double edged sword.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Sorry, not even close to the same thing. I'm not accusing all Muslims or suggesting that we start dismembering all Muslims. Just the terrorists and their families at first. If that doesn't work then obviously their Villages are hiding them so then go to the whole village. If that doesn't work then obviously the entire region is hiding them so then begin working on the entire region. If that doesn't If that doesn't work then maybe we could start pointing our fingers at all Muslims

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
and who hate me just as much as Islamophobes do.

I don't like Islam...really core dislike of it.
But I am not fond of any religion..being agnostic/atheist is sort of like that.

But I think you are a good person and I am glad when you show up in threads like this to remind me its not the people I dislike.

I am not fond of Republicans either mind you (and tbh, Democrats are getting on my last nerve also). I think its unshakable ideology I have a issue with...but I enjoy plenty of people who happen to be those things.

I would say keep coming into these threads. It may be tiring, but it puts a local face on it and reminds people islam doesn't make people into murdering savages..it is a fringe sect that is out of control in a otherwise non violent religion (however I will take to task the ideological stances on islam as a whole in regards to womens rights, homosexuality, etc etc..but thats minimal in regards to radical islamic mindsets)

link   

Good point.

Actually it's just common sense. (Even without playing devil's advocate)

Common sense is something MANY people lack these days.....for some reason...
edit on 23-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

But it can be joined and that is what you're suggesting.

How do you destroy evil by choosing to become evil??

That doesn't work to fight terrorism you need to do two things. One cut off the source of funding they can't recruit or support terrorism without money. The other thing is to track down and remove their leaders

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Devils advocate -

Assuming you are white --
Are you responsible for the Holocaust during WW2?

Strawman
ideology is being discussed here, not traits
people are born white
people choose to be islamic

it would be better to liken it to if (s)he was a nazi would they be responsible for the holocast (even then, its mostly no..most were just typical soldiers for the Reich)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join