It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This eyewitness account seems to suggest multiple blasts:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
'Everyone started leaving. I was on the floor and at the back of the arena people started exiting through the tunnels.
'There was a bang in the left tunnel and everyone went to the middle tunnel. Then about two minutes later, there was another bang.

This account suggests police were aware beforehand that something was amiss:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Another witness Jenny Brewster told MailOnline: 'We were exiting the building when it happened.
'We'd headed towards the main doors as Ariana was performing the last song because we wanted to beat the crowds, but – as we made our way there - a wall of security men blocked it and told us to go the other way.
'Seconds later they shouted 'RUN!' and the explosion happened right behind them. Hundreds of people were running and screaming. Those men saved our lives.'

edit on 22-5-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
All over the internet right now. Dont tell the truth. Muslim snowflakes feelings are more important then the victims.

Its better to not jump the gun. It might be..but facts are far more important than snap judgment.

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That's not a problem of logic. Of course it would be more effective.

But that's only if all things are equal too.

Maybe it's not as easy to do that???

Maybe it wasn't possible because it wasn't prepared???

There could be many reasons for why the most logical choice wasn't what happened. That doesn't mean other choices wouldn't also do the same thing or that there aren't other details we've missed that would alter what is most logical of choices.

link   
Reports are saying that the bomber was denied entrance to the venue by security.

He then decided to perpetrate his evil in the lobby area as the concert was ending.

My question: If the security person saw something that made him refuse him entrance, what did he do? Just tell him he couldn't enter and to move on?!! Did he not call the police? Did he not notify other security personnel? Or, is the report wrong?

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This question still has not been answered. I was hoping Kali would try as I am eager to see anyone try to answer that question.

Jihad - Often described as Holy war however the actual meaning is simply to struggle and can be used for a lot of different areas.

Suicide - Quran forbids suicide / suicide bombers - verses 21: 107, 34: 28, 17: 105, and 25: 56

Murder - Murder of a person, which all are created by God, is forbidden - Qur’an 6:151. The ten commandments are actually distorted on this topic as its often said "Thou shall not kill". The correct translation is "Thou shall not murder". All religions / their texts make killing in some circumstances acceptable.

Conversion to Islam - The Quran forbids forced conversion of non Muslims to Muslim - The Cow, 2:256. Conversion must be voluntary. Anything less is forbidden.

Warfare - The Quran forbids aggressive warfare. If the enemy desires peace then so shall Muslims. If the enemy attacks Muslims then Muslims may respond but Islam can never be the aggressor - The Cow,” 2:190, 8:61

Killing non combatants / civilians - Forbidden.

The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

Terrorism (hirabah) - Forbidden by Islamic law / Quran - Surah al-Ma’ida 5:33–34 -

brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets– any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power.

Justice -

The Qur’an demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: “And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

Christians / Jews -

The Qur’an assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims.
- Quran 5:69 says (Arberry): “Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness–their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.”

Just touching on a few points.

The issue revolves around religious leaders issuing their own interpretations of Islam to suit their agenda.

There is just as much stupidity in the Jewish and Christian religions as there are in the Muslim religion.

As an example Westborrow Baptist lunatics.

ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.

If this is really what Islam is about why are there not more muslims on
MSM denouncing terrorists and demanding their communities openly speak out against such henious crimes

Christians speak out against the KKK all the time.

I want to see more muslims publically speak out against this as well as in their communities .. 😡

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: Xcathdra

A lot of these incidents that are blamed on Muslim extremists are questionable. Wasn't Beslan the incident where the Russian security services gassed everybody in the auditorium? In the case at Nice the truck was cleared through barriers by the security services. Even if a Muslim is arrested in an incident or killed in a shootout, it is not always an indication that the operation wasn't steered in some way.

The gas incident was in the opera house, Beslan went bad because the families of the People held there stormed the buildings , then suïcide bombers detonated inside the gym area where most of the People where held hostage.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Uggh a counter terrorism expert made an interesting point.

Suicide bombers generally dont make their own suicide vests leaving open the possibility that there is a active cell with a bomb maker.

link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

This is one of the top links on Google news right now. They are already switching to Ostrich mode.

There's only one way Britain should respond to attacks such as Manchester. That is by carrying on exactly as before.

edit on 22-5-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: ipsedixit

really?

Beslan school seige

X - I am not sure I understand your intent with the reference to the Beslan School siege as a retort to ipsedixit's comments. Your reference supports what he is saying because the Beslan School siege resulted in the President of Russia gaining more authoritarian powers.

Maybe I am not following your intent on the specific reference?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Just saw this...such a tragedy!

How does a bomb even make its way into the arena??? Could this have been a planned attack from an insider?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Manchester attack, looked at in the context of the UK election, could be read as an "ISIS" endorsement for the May government. In other words it would be politically not very astute for them to do this at this time, but it would be astute for the shadowy "fashtard" world of Gladio style security services to pull something like this.

I'm not saying this is what must have happened. I'm just trying to rationalize the event in the political context, which of course could be completely irrelevant in this particular case.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I thought there were 2 blasts..

The suicide bomber and then the Police detonating a suspicious package later that turned out to be clothes.

link   
Me and mine are praying for those who were so callously murdered by cowards. Hopefully the wicked people behind this will pay a cosiderably higher toll.

link   
a reply to: Outlier13

That children arent targeted by terrorists.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Exactly.

That right there is what I think the whole idea behind not calling ISIS, Muslims, comes from.

It's not about allowing terrorism. Or supporting radicals at all. It's about not promoting the idea that Muslims = ISIS.

Just like we wouldn't promote the idea that KKK radicals are Christians. Because people would start hating all Christians because of the association that's being promoted.

Yet the connection is there to a degree which cannot be ignored. That causes the partisan issues and opens others up for other types of attacks.

What are these " moderate muslims saying , teaching and doing in their mosques to discourage this sort of crime.

I never see any on tv telling the world ISIS is evil and all members of their communities should be on alert for any member thinking of causing harm . Maybe they do.. but they seem to run away and hide instead of coming forward and denouncing this crap.. especially to each other.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

here is a lonk with pics and clips www.dailymail.co.uk...

I understand cabbies are giving free rides and families are taking in concert goers who need a place to stay because the public transit attached tomthe arena was shut down......good people out there helping

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Just saw this...such a tragedy!

How does a bomb even make its way into the arena??? Could this have been a planned attack from an insider?

I heard there was basically no real security. ticket collecting enmasse and thats about it.
So not really a issue

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Not confirmed, but there is word on social media that the perp was stopped and detonated the bomb before he could get on the arena floor. Probably saved a lot of lives.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
At least now there will be a serious discussion about this and some real work done to safeguard the western homelands.

plan leaked already:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I don't know. I can't answer for them and don't know many of them either or hang in their circles.

But I do see them denounce this stuff on TV when it happens. The same as other Publicly Known Figures of other groups when something happens involving them.

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's just not as many as you'd like or you watch different channels. I don't know what to tell you.

I do agree that other Muslims should try and do something about it to if they can. But I also realize most of them can't do anything more than most other people to change it either. Especially those here in the US. I mean they're here and probably only know other nice muslims like themselves and are also scared about being blamed too.

Look what we did to the Japanese people after we were attacked by Japan.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join