It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
I'm shocked that it took until page 16 for someone to blame Trump.

Blaming him indicates that he is responsible for this. I don't think that is the poster's intention.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So much for the "good versus evil" speech yesterday.

According to the BBC the Manchester Arena is just calling it an 'incident'.

That's pretty much standard Commonwealth policing-language. Nothing nefarious.

It's not terrorism until they prove that it wasn't a person in need of psychiatric treatment, or a functioning sociopath with a motive.

link   
sigh....

can we please not turn this into a trump thread......

Trumps speach yestarday was just a coincadance.

Now can we move on.

link   
Well I have a feeling if this is related to ISIS this is going to have an effect on the British elections. I think we're going to see them shut down the borders. Many in the UK saw what happened in Europe but I don't think they thought it could happen to them.

link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Maybe for you, but "islamic terrorists" was just mentioned on a MSM station here in the US while discussing this attack with a UK reporter

Wow!

A step in the right direction. How can we fight an enemy that we can't even name?

I just want to apologize to our members across the pond on behalf of the posters that can't let go of their die-hard partisan fangirlism and let respect prevail in trying times such as these.

link   
On the 4th anniversary of Soldier Lee Rigby who was slaughtered in the street by Muslim extremists. Absolutely sickening. Specifically targeting women and children

The time to act is NOW

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
CNN just brought-up a good point.

If we assume reports are correct and this person/persons were turned away at the security check point, security did their job and it could have been much worse if the explosives were able to get inside the venue.

link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
If this is indeed what we all suspect, is it a coincidence with Trump's speech yesterday?

Almost certainly. Gathering materials would be done over a period of time to avoid drawing attention. Waiting for a significant target to come up (ie a concert) is more likely to be the decider for timing.

Also, the second device was placed along one of the evac routes. That suggests more planning was involved.

I rather think these things a pre-planned and waiting for 'go' orders. I don't think this particular concert would have been the plan, rather the venue itself.

link   
a reply to: joemoe

I think there are 3 populations (at least):

1. The peaceful ones we could all coexist with who just don't want trouble.

2. The ones who seem to be living peacefully but secretly agree with the extremists and will aid and abet them.

3. The violent extremists who need to be shuffled off this mortal coil or completely isolated from the rest of human society.

We can work with #1, but #2 and #3 are both problem groups.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point. I don't know but a part of me doesn't want to ignore the uncanny timing of it.

Is it possible they planted it ahead of time and waited for the right moment to press the button?

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: neo96

Political terrorism is a broad category that includes hundreds of extremists groups. The person I was responding to originally was talking about possible political motivation as in elections etc... My post was to HER stating that that type of terrorist doesn't usually target children like this person or group did.

Usually, yes.

I did subsequently point out an Irish paramilitary have done it before.

Ignore the people who keep attacking you Kali

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
CNN just brought-up a good point.

If we assume reports are correct and this person/persons were turned away at the security check point, security did their job and it could have been much worse if the explosives were able to get inside the venue.

There a couple of reports that it was a suicide bomber that was indeed stopped from getting in.. who knows at this point whether that is true.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

They worship slaughtering people of a different belief is a better phrase, they'll give their life for it.
If they'd worship death, they can just commit suicide, but that is not the goal of islamic terrorists.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Have to agree with that, if that's what happened. If it was, kudos to event security guys and gals.

link   
Second device ended up being a bag of clothing.

Source GMP twitter gmp twitter
edit on 22-5-2017 by auroraaus because: added source

link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
If this is indeed what we all suspect, is it a coincidence with Trump's speech yesterday?

Almost certainly. Gathering materials would be done over a period of time to avoid drawing attention. Waiting for a significant target to come up (ie a concert) is more likely to be the decider for timing.

Also, the second device was placed along one of the evac routes. That suggests more planning was involved.

If it was a nail bomb, using a pressure cooker or something similar, you could walk in to a chain hardware store and buy everything you need in one shopping trip. No alarms, no attention.

These things are not very difficult to make.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: joemoe

I think there are 3 populations (at least):

1. The peaceful ones we could all coexist with who just don't want trouble.

2. The ones who seem to be living peacefully but secretly agree with the extremists and will aid and abet them.

3. The violent extremists who need to be shuffled off this mortal coil or completely isolated from the rest of human society.

We can work with #1, but #2 and #3 are both problem groups.

Yes I agree. I just wish Group #1 would be more vocal. They are not doing anyone any favors by staying quiet.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
sigh....

Now can we move on.

Long line of coincidences involving Trump speeches.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
sigh....

Now can we move on.

I'm glad you see it so. Some here don't believe in coincidence let alone one with impeccable timing.

You are right however that this is probably not the thread for that topic.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

It also suggests at least a working knowledge of contingency planning for the area.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join