It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
On-going updates from emergency services in Manchester from reddit.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: User1138

No need for that

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Late to the thread and only saw the news scroll on the TV while at the local hotdog shop a little bit a go.

Can someone give me a current update on what we know so I don't have to read the entire thread?

Thanks in advance.

It was likely a nail bomb in the foyer. They think security foiled an attempt to enter the concert, but it looks like the bomber still hit people coming out. They are saying 20+ dead and that's early, so you know it will be bad.

Oh, and an Ariana Grande concert, so kids. Likely most of the victims are under 18.
edit on 22-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I just listened to a true manc call into radio station, with genuine concern in his voice, i have provided link to Radio Manchester
numerous times and that is where i heard it first, listen now and listen to REAL people stating what they saw, not some false flag nonsense

edit on 22-5-2017 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

link   

originally posted by: Silk
a reply to: Taggart

Again please limit the specuation

Here at ATS, we don't think about what -could- have happened,

No, we wait for the official news sources to give us the information!

What the hell is wrong with ATS these days?

Denying ignorance no more, taking part in it, more like it.

link   

originally posted by: User1138
[SNIP]

Are you trying to be funny? This is not the time!
edit on 5/22/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed quoted post that was removed.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: 23432

Who benefits from such a cowardly attack ?

Terrorists.

I doubt it .

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Police now saying that they are dealing with a possible terrorist incident.

Seems really quite likely just now

Any word on a COBRA meeting yet?

Correct. Terrorism. Radical Islamic. ( ISIS.) All the hallmarks.

Radical Islamic terrorism right now seems the most likely.

However i would point out that in the UK we have threats from other terrorist entities such as Irish republicans and nationalists. So yeah i agree that as this develops we are probably going to find out that this has been a act of Islamic terrorism however I am going to keep a open mind for now

The best way to stop these attacks is to kill members of the terrorist's families. Harsh...but it's the only thing they care about.

link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Doing something about it is what honor's them, silence is what you give them when that is all that they have now.

link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

If that is true, Valhalla worthy. I hope a lot of us and the media can focus on acts of heroism for fellow man in these instances...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Late to the thread and only saw the news scroll on the TV while at the local hotdog shop a little bit a go.

Can someone give me a current update on what we know so I don't have to read the entire thread?

Thanks in advance.

Explosions in Arena - likely the foyer.
Some reports of a nail bomb/suicide bomber
Police have confirmed multiple casualties.

Speculation that its 20+ and hundreds injured
Speculation of gunfire also

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

the foyer is highly glazed and that could have lead to further seriuos injuries there has been no reports I have heard of the type of bomb yet

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Agreed, but this is not IRA style attack. I have been there, done that.

This is not that.

link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Fox News is currently reporting that it is being investigated as an 'intentional act of terrorism' and that a father who was waiting to pick up his family is a primary witness, saying he heard one massive explosion and soon after witnessed casualties - Fox is showing the dashcam footage from the car parked across from the arena that caught the explosion on film.

An ex-CIA analyst has called it (on Fox) that it is the works of radical Islamic terrorism, even though no police warning was received or given alerting the public to the possibility of attacks - 'no sense of any heightened alerts'.

Reports are that the wounds are consistent with a nail-bomb attack, the 2nd report is that this was a suicide bomber.

Tucker Carlson is talking about it right now and just stated that 19 are apparently dead.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thanks in advance.

It was likely a nail bomb in the foyer. They think security foiled an attempt to enter the concert, but it looks like the bomber still hit people coming out. They are saying 20+ dead and that's early, so you know it will be bad.

What leads us to think it may be a nail bomb?

I hope the reports are exaggerated. That's a lot of lost brothers and sisters.

link   
even early on this looks like it could be worse than the 7/7 attacks.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The best way to stop these attacks is to kill members of the terrorist's families. Harsh...but it's the only thing they care about.

That's one way of creating more terrorists, as revenge only creates more revenge.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

No matter who's responsible, by definition this is an act of terrorism.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and an Ariana Grande concert, so kids. Likely most of the victims are under 18.

There are two reports now that it may have been a suicide bomber - that would be a very worrying new development.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hospitals are accepting folks with shrapnel type injuries.

Then first hand reports of limbs getting blown off and lots of blood.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join