It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm giving up food

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Indeed. There is a link between sleep habits and appetite. Narcoleptics tend to have larger appetites due to the neurological crossfires that cause us to feel sleep deprived.

Valerian herb is really good for sleeping:

Valerian Herb Study For Sleep

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think the most important change I can make right now is diet. I'm going to have to say goodbye to all the things I love, and I'm going (almost) total produce aisle. That means no more pasta, lasagna, pizza. I'm getting rid of the starchy rice and potatoes. I'm cutting out the quick fixes like cheeseburgers and chicken wings. I am giving up elaborate meals that involve cooking multiple ingredients.

Fruits for breakfast, vegetables for dinner. Perhaps a salad here and there with lemon juice and olive oil. I also bought a couple ears of corn as a dinner option. Although it's a grain, it's something that requires no cooking or processing and it grows out of the good Earth so I'm good with that.

I will soak fresh things in water + vinegar to clean and help flush out some of the toxins that can't be avoided.

I am also going to make a few exceptions for a smaller food group that will include nuts, seeds, cheeses, and perhaps beef jerky. Basically, this group consists of snacking items I can eat while on the run (aka working.) I'm keeping meat to a minimum, but not throwing it out because I want to lose weight and feel good, not become sickly and anemic!

I love cheap beer. That's out! I'm not giving up alcohol though. I'd only give that up if someone I love asked me to. So yeah, switching to gin and wine only. Other than that I pretty much only drink water and iced tea anyway so I don't get many liquid calories to begin with.

I'll either feel good again or die trying! Got any tips or advice on this minimalist's produce diet?

yeah thats gonna suck.
i say embrace the lb's and go smash a pizza

i love how you care enough to give up all kinds of tasty eats but not giving up that alcohol
hahahahahah

good luck man.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ever see reverend burns?

embrace the lb's dude.
enjoy your food

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Take a few bites five or six times a day.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i love how you care enough to give up all kinds of tasty eats but not giving up that alcohol
hahahahahah

yeah well the great wheel of fortune needs to give something back before I make any more sacrifices!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

hahahahahah

yeah well the great wheel of fortune needs to give something back before I make any more sacrifices!

wish you luck man. awesome if you can pull it off.
i coldnt do it.
im not a moose like reverend burns but i have a belly.
# it

i like to smash

you should watch that vid....that dude is funny

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think the way I eat is a large contributor to my depression. That's why I'm going minimal. Can't feel guilty eating pea pods and radishes mmm

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Eat small pieces of lettuce garnished with bacon and cakes.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Down here in Florida, I have noticed a ton of people that have had great success with the Jenny Crank plan.

No, jk I agree with schuler, moderate the quantity.

A real easy way to loose weight for me was an hour of exercise wearing hot clothes, like sweatpants and a hoodie, The exercise doesn't even have to be extreme. Just basic calisthenics.

Good luck

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Can't feel guilty eating pea pods and radishes mmm

cant feel joy either

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

cant feel joy either

If the radishes were sliced, quickly pickled and placed on top of a delicious, smoked then crisped pork belly sandwich you would.

edit on 22-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Not feeling any at the moment.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Go to the doctor and tell them you have ADHD. They will gladly prescribe legal speed to you. You will lose your appetite , become more active .

Trust me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

yeah yeah been there due to my sleep disorder. That's some nasty stuff and makes ya feel like crap. No thanks.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Groot

yeah yeah been there due to my sleep disorder. That's some nasty stuff and makes ya feel like crap. No thanks.

yeah
uppers suck

downers though??

yum yum

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Exercise more too.

That's a key element here you cannot afford to ignore.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I lost 70lbs in a year. THIS last year, not years ago.
All I did was switch my dinner, lunch and breakfast around. I eat the most calories before work. Like you I have a physical job, so for awhile I also had a low cal snack about 10 am so I didn't go homicidal.

I eat some veggies with about a 3 oz of a protein for lunch.
Usually I toss crap into a low cal burrito wrap. Hard boiled eggs, little mayo with green olives for example, or some steak or chicken with whatever. I try to keep it about 500 cal or less. Mustard is your friend....lots of flavor, just watch the salt!
Or a fresh fruit cup, conveniently most quick stop places have nice ones now.
Sometimes I spring for a small pasta or veggie meat salad there if I've met some personal goals.

For dinner I have soup. Or veggies and a smaller amount of meat. With butter.
Believe it or not my breakfasts consist of a hot cup of sweet tea with half & half and a couple of cookies. Whatever you can't live without have for breakfast, there are no rules to this. Just do your high calorie goodies BEFORE work.

BTW I eat some junk food on the weekends, but after a month my portions kept getting smaller cause my appetite had shrunk. I haul butt at work, running and lifting 10 hrs a day. So not a job for sissy's. This has been the easiest way for me to do it, I thought about back in the day farmers and such were normal size so what did people back then do different? O-ooooooo yeah.....it was like I'd gotten hit with a brick.

Good luck!!!
YMMV, hope this gets you thinking outside the box!!!

edit on 22-5-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Great thread!
Not well thought out because you will have to come back and confess to us if you fall off the produce wagon. But on the happy-face side, having spilled your over-sized guts to us, you WILL have a lot more incentive to actually stay on your one-course journey longer had you silently started your slimming quest.

Good luck. Here's one for the road, zero calories
edit on 22-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If there's one thing I can do, it's torture myself to prove wrong all the haterz

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Amen Sister! (assume)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join