It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in the bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
(Double response)
edit on 22-5-2017 by Cocchino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The term angel, in Greek means messenger. When it was decided that the bible had to speak of god, even messengers of yhaweh have become metaphysical beings.

The original Hebrew term is "malakím" and is described as male individuals. The problem is the translation, in the bible that we have at home, he coming flying, in Hebrew, are very tired.

The "angel" that appears to Gideon in the West when he decides to leave disappears, in Hebrew he moves away walking (logical, because he is a normal messenger, though he is part of the Elohim). In Chapter 6 of Genesis it is said that the sons of the Elohim united with the earthly women, and a certain breed of the "Ghibborìm" (strong, powerful, famous men) was born; The singular of the term Ghibborìm is Ghevèr and "strong man of El" in Hebrew is called Ghevrìel ie Gabriele which was therefore a functional name and not a proper name.

A Ghevrìel visits Mary and she gets pregnant ... something very natural in my opinion.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Dude, Just because a belief is "widely held" doesn't make it true... I tend to need a bit more evidence than "he said/she said".... Please show me hard evidence for the existence of angels?

I would suggest you apply reason and critical thinking to these "widely held" beliefs and see if they still stand....

Deny ignorance, don't believe everything you're told.... The people telling you might have ulterior motives!

PA

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Please show me these photos that show "structures" on Mars... Most, if not all have been debunked as pareidolia or wishful thinking...

Please show me the evidence? Otherwise, you're just spouting heresay again...

PA

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly
a reply to: Cocchino

The very existence of aliens would immediately discount everything written in the bible and by Christianity.

god is not from this earth, technically that would make god a alien..

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For consideration.

Mauro Biglino has an excellent take on this subject.

www.youtube.com...@MauroBiglinoOfficialChannel/videos

All so very interesting.

-Elyon

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Here ya go…..give these a whirl…

👽

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Aren't aliens suppose to be Satan-ish? LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Aren't aliens suppose to be Satan-ish? LOL

I suspect immortal God(s) created both good and evil in all of its universal manifestations for infinite entertainment 😆

👽

edit on 17-2-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly

So, let me get this right....

You're trying to prove the existence of aliens by trying to find deeper meaning or re-translating the bible?

Man.... what sort of crazy belief structure do you follow? The very existence of aliens would immediately discount everything written in the bible and by Christianity..... Your strangely circular argument seems to implode upon itself......

I would suggest if you are trying to prove the existence of aliens the bible would be the last place you should be looking....

Respectfully, PA.

Not siding with Cocchino, but certain scripture does lead one to wonder?

Ex. Gen 6.2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

Quote: Saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful? would imply the sons of God were not human since they refer to the daughters as humans, as if they were different?

Then one will say they were fallen angles, then one would question, why God would let angles mate with humans? And through scripture we are taught our heavenly body does not require or are capable of such needs.

edit on 27-2-2023 by Allan28 because: to be reworded

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Allan28

Afternoon.. thanks for the reply...

As an atheist I understand/believe that the bible is a collection of books written across a vast time period, and bought together and published as one document...

Clearly, most things mentioned in the bible tend to be located within a close radius to the people that wrote it, (goatherders). Interesting that...

There is a lot of debate on the translation of each book as well... We made a lot of assumptions when translating..

I see this book as a nice collection of tales and stories that teach us some good lessons, and some bad lessons..

It hasn't aged well, that's for sure, it tells us we can kill people if they don't believe in our god, it tells us we can't EVER eat shellfish, it tells us we can't wear two different materials of clothing at the same time.. Which are all weird rules...

These rules made sense to these barely educated ancient people when written. Not so much these days..

So, for someone that doesn't believe in god, or the bible, i find it difficult to debate with you about the certain meaning of a particular phrase/word... You can pretty much make the bible say anything you want by re-interpreting it...

Not to mention the various contradictions within the document itself between the various books...

It's certainly not an historical document... Although it does give us an insight into the lives of the PEOPLE that wrote it..

IT was clearly written by people that were keen to teach or control others..... Yet religious people claim it is the workd of god?

I also don'[t believe in angels of course... It's a strange concept...

PA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join