It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't I figgure this out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I know it's not intentional but why is it that navigating ATS is so damn hard. lol
I try and open my library from my account page to add a new avatar , it's 404.
How do people people quote different parts of post by different people while having their own words inbetween and all on the same reply?
When I reply on a bunch of threads how do I go and see who has replied back or used my words in a quote without having to scroll through pages and pages looking for my own original reply?
Is there an easy way to know what reply/threads I'm getting stars on with out again having to scroll through everything I've ever posted just to find that one reply from a week ago that got a star today from someone?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

When I reply on a bunch of threads how do I go and see who has replied back or used my words in a quote without having to scroll through pages and pages looking for my own original reply?

In answer to one of your questions if you go to the toolbar at the top of the page and click on the icon below you will be taken to your replies . Click on them then open them on the right hand side .

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Is there an easy way to know what reply/threads I'm getting stars on with out again having to scroll through everything I've ever posted just to find that one reply from a week ago that got a star today from someone?

No .
edit on 22-5-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

if you think navigating ATS is hard - try the real world

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

How do people people quote different parts of post by different people while having their own words inbetween and all on the same reply?

Copy and paste this bit from the replies and add as needed . You will need two windows open to do this , at least i do .

scraedtosleep

ignorant_ape

Now the ape is wondering .lol.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

In answer to one of your questions if you go to the toolbar at the top of the page and click on the icon below you will be taken to your replies . Click on them then open them on the right hand side .

ty so much!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I learned only to pay attention to stars I get on posts I deem as important to me. Stars just mean someone kind of agrees with what you said. Sometimes nobody sees your post if it gets buried quickly and it does not get stars, it does not mean that it is not good, it is just overlooked.

Just because you get a lot of people who give you stars on the post does not mean it is actually a good post, sometimes I wonder why I see stars on a post that is based on wrong belief, but I guess that birds of a feather star together. Opinions get a lot of stars sometimes too. The beliefs of everyone differ, what one person likes others do not give a crap about.

What I study actually is not of interest to most people so I don't get as much stars as people who hit controvercial issues. What I find interesting and important most people do not, oh well. Stars are a good way to judge how people perceive a persons posts though, but not always.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Composing off-site and cut n paste quotes and your replies... Then cut n paste the whole thing from your word/doc into here. You'll never lose anything... Paste back when it looks good.

Also... All your questions are answered in Board and Freshman forums where you can find all the how-to's to do everything. Upload video , photos, quotes, hoax sites, making threads etc etc etc... and what you can't do....

Good luck.... MS
edit on 22-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I compose my relies in word. Copy the reply code paste it into word, reply. Do this with all my post and then copy them back to ATS. I lost many post until I leaned that.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I compose my relies in word. Copy the reply code paste it into word, reply. Do this with all my post and then copy them back to ATS. I lost many post until I leaned that.

I was hoping ats would make that process easy for me . But I guess this is what I will have to do as well.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I learned only to pay attention to stars I get on posts I deem as important to me. Stars just mean someone kind of agrees with what you said. Sometimes nobody sees your post if it gets buried quickly and it does not get stars, it does not mean that it is not good, it is just overlooked.

Just because you get a lot of people who give you stars on the post does not mean it is actually a good post, sometimes I wonder why I see stars on a post that is based on wrong belief, but I guess that birds of a feather star together. Opinions get a lot of stars sometimes too. The beliefs of everyone differ, what one person likes others do not give a crap about.

What I study actually is not of interest to most people so I don't get as much stars as people who hit controvercial issues. What I find interesting and important most people do not, oh well. Stars are a good way to judge how people perceive a persons posts though, but not always.

lol yeah sometimes I get stars for things i post and I think , why would i get so many stars for that? I just get curious when I notice I have more stars than i did the day before and wonder where they came from.

top topics

join