It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs $110b arms deal w/ Saudis & Ivanka gets $100m donation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: dragonridr

Hillary Clinton was able to get $25 million to help gays with AIDS in Africa, from the Saudi. Where's the respect?

It's the same ole pay to play game. Difference faces, same rules.

She got far more than that in donations to the Clinton foundation. She stole more than that from India didn't you see my earlier posts
edit on 5/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Is it a charity?

“It’s incredibly non-transparent. We don’t know if there has been any filing. We don’t know how it’s structured — is it a 501(c)3, an LLC, what is it?” Watson told ThinkProgress over the phone. Per the World Bank’s account, that is still up in the air — which means they could not possibly have filed the necessary documents to begin fundraising.
thinkprogress.org...

That link and article were written the day after the announcement:

Also takes away the W20 doubts:

Earlier this week, it was revealed that the first daughter is spearheading efforts to create an investment fund for female entrepreneurs. The news broke on a panel at the W20 Women’s Summit in Berlin, where the German chancellor and U.S. presidential advisor were joined by IMF managing director Christine Lagarde and the Netherlands' Queen Maxima. But according to Dina Powell, President Trump's deputy national security adviser for strategy and senior counselor for economic initiatives, who was in attendance, the announcement was unplanned.

"Chancellor Merkel was so excited about it that she said, 'And we will have a fund!" recounted Powell, speaking at a Thursday evening dinner in Washington, D.C. welcoming the 2017 class of the Fortune/U.S. State Department Global Women's Mentoring Partnership

Here is why your article is premature (and really just candy for people consumed with Trumpitus):

The announcement was made before the White House or the World Bank—which will manage the fund—have ironed out many of the details, Powell said. "We're still working it all out." She also declined to say how large the fund will be other than to say it will have "significant amount of capital" and that it has already secured investments from Germany and Canada.

(emphasis added)
Ivanka Trump’s Investment Fund Was Accidentally Made Public by an Overeager Angela Merke

This is close to how this event should be presented:
S audi Arabia, U.A.E. offer $100 million to World Bank’s Women Entrepreneurs Fund proposed by Ivanka Trump

Now, instead of giving a little credit for brainstorming for womens' access to capital and advancement...

A bunch of false tweets all over as well...Here

mg

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

So? Your post doesn't discredit anything I've said.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well that woman will be the next President of The United States and the first woman become President.

Bets anyone??

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Uh its seems to me the clintons did this a s**tload of times, and nobodu even batted an eyelash, can anybody else smell the rank hypocrisy??

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMasonthe world bank is not controlled by trumps whereas shillary and slick willy completely run and own the clinton foundation. hell i say take their 110 billion and send them a couple of ships full of black powder muskets and a couple dozen barrels of rotten powder because the saudis gov made up of royals and radical clerics need to be put on a rocket and fired into the sun. worst thing ever was when they found out they where sitting on all that black gold . nut to be fair every president for last fifty years has sold weapons to these fools and what did we get for it the destruction of world trade center a section of pentagon destroyed thousands of people dead or wounded. but i digress. world bank is not controlled by trumps but clintons most definitely own and control there money laundering scheme /foundation

:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

the world bank is not controlled by trumps whereas shillary and slick willy completely run and own the clinton foundation.

Not true. Do a little research to find out why you're upset.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Speculation that you hope leads to cries of nepotism

It's been nepotism since day one, without even the tiniest shred of doubt. The only way you can say it's not is if you're lying.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: proteus33

the world bank is not controlled by trumps whereas shillary and slick willy completely run and own the clinton foundation.

Not true. Do a little research to find out why you're upset.
www.cnn.com...

My turn read this explains how the Clinton ripped off india.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ilence-Bill-s-sex-accusers-Hillary-used-donations-Clinton-Foundation-personal-piggy-bank.html

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not here to vouch for the Clintons. But, the Clintons didn't own their charities.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

W20 is very much involved.

Also:

Interesting. China owns the World Bank and China just gave Ivanka all kinds of Trademark licenses, the same night she had dinner with President Jim Yong Kim!

The World Bank is not owned by China
China has nothing to do with this topic
Jim Youg Kim (S. Korean) is the President of the World Bank, Not China (FYI it is Xi Jinping)
Ivanka Trump Mark LLC. was given a whopping 3...out of 30+ still pending in China (180+ world wide).

mg

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

W20 is very much involved.

I never said they weren't. I said that they and Ivanka's fund aren't one in the same.

Also:

Interesting. China owns the World Bank and China just gave Ivanka all kinds of Trademark licenses, the same night she had dinner with President Jim Yong Kim!

The World Bank is not owned by China
China has nothing to do with this topic
Jim Youg Kim (S. Korean) is the President of the World Bank, Not China (FYI it is Xi Jinping)
Ivanka Trump Mark LLC. was given a whopping 3...out of 30+ still pending in China (180+ world wide).

mg

Okay. I stand corrected. I guess I got my banks confused when this hit the news:

China Creates a World Bank of Its Own, and the U.S. Balks

President Trump would hand the world to China

A Top Trump Adviser Is Rebuking Obama For Giving Asia’s ‘World Bank’ the Cold Shoulder

Trump and his family are benefiting financially many White House deals.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

So, it seems you didn't read the part that says the world bank would head the project and say what the money is used for... Is Ivanka Trump the head of the World Bank?...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Trump and his family are benefiting financially many White House deals.

I appreciate the reply, but your, summation is still conjecture.

Mg

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Conjecture.... That must be why there is a House bill proposed that would have the Trump family pay back all of the money the President has spent traveling to his own resorts on the tax payers dime?

HR 2414 The SWAMP Act

SECTION 1. Short title. This Act may be cited as the “Stop Waste And Misuse by the President Act of 2017” or as the “SWAMP Act of 2017”.

The Congress finds as follows:

(1) Presidential travel to commercial entities owned in whole or in part by the President or First Family results in the American taxpayer effectively subsidizing the President’s businesses.

(2) Given current expenditures, President Trump is on track to spend more during his first year of office than all eight years of the Obama administration combined.

(3) It is unacceptable for the President to maintain an interest in traveling to properties in which he has a direct financial interest, as the U.S. Government is responsible for renting space for personnel in said private commercial entities.

(4) Every time the President travels to Mar-a-Lago, he necessarily promotes his private business interests via free press at the Government’s expense.

(5) The State Department’s recent promotion of Mar-a-Lago on its official website raises serious ethics concerns.

(6) As of April 14, 2017, President Trump has cost the U.S. taxpayer unprecedented amounts of money, including the following estimated costs:

(A) For trips to Mar-a-Lago:

(i) Total cost for security in Palm Beach: $3,700,000 (each trip).

(ii) Roundtrip flights from Joint Base Andrews, Maryland, to West Palm, Florida: $700,000.

(iii) Overtime for local law enforcement during Trump’s trips: $60,000/day.

(iv) Total golf cart rentals ordered by the Secret Service “for POTUS visit”: $35,185.

(v) Estimated loss of business due to airport closure: $30,000/weekend.

(B) For Trump Tower:

(i) Request for additional Secret Service funding to secure Trump Towers: $60,000,000.

(ii) New York Police Department security costs: $127,000–$146,000/day.

(iii) “Elevator services” ordered by the Secret Service: $64,000.

(iv) Air Force One flights to New York City: $180,000/hour.

(7) The proposed 2017 Federal spending bill includes reimbursements for millions of dollars spent by Florida and New York to protect the President and First Family, and facilitate their travel. While localities should be reimbursed, the taxpayer should not be responsible for said reimbursement.

SEC. 3. Reimbursal for costs of protection.

In the case of a person whom the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect under paragraph (1) or (2) of section 3056(a) of title 18, United States Code, if that person, while traveling for official business or for personal purposes, stays in a hotel or other establishment providing daily-rate accommodation in which that person has an ownership or financial interest, that person shall reimburse to the Treasury—

(1) any amount expended by the United States Secret Service for the provision of such protection; and

(2) any amount expended for other costs incurred by the Government pertaining to that stay.

Thus far the President has spent $21.6 million as of mid April just to Mar a Lago alone. That doesn't count the $127,000 - $146,000 (which the New York Police Department has confirmed that it costs) to protect the First Lady while she stays in New York, away from the White House.

Obama spent $97 million on travel/vacation through the course of 8 years. If Donald keeps up the pace of his current spending for vacations and golf trips to Florida or New Jersey/New York he will out pace his predecessor within the first year of his presidency. So much for fiscal conservatism... at least when it comes to his ability to waste tax payer money subsidizing his own businesses.

Donald Trump's travel expenses in 10 weeks cost US taxpayers as much as Barack Obama spent in two years

Bill aims to make Trump pay government back for taxpayer-funded trips to Mar-a-Lago

Yes. Trump's business has seen a large amount of financial gain since his time in office. Period.
edit on 24-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join