It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs $110b arms deal w/ Saudis & Ivanka gets $100m donation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Trump is innocent!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

There's no speculation about nepotism in the White House.

How is it that Ivanka and Jared Kushner, the same man who negotiated the 110 BILLION dollar arms deal are in the positions they're in?

Nepotism. Period.

Defined: the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

World Bank President Jim Yong Kim announced the contribution to the World Bank Women Entrepreneurs Fund at a meeting in Riyadh between Ivanka Trump and 15 Saudi women Sunday, during the president’s trip to Saudi Arabia.

Interesting. China owns the World Bank and China just gave Ivanka all kinds of Trademark licenses, the same night she had dinner with President Jim Yong Kim!

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. These are not the drones you're looking for!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I found something like this through the world bank, but I am not sure if it is the same charity. It is run by the World Bank, and the USA does donate to it. If that is the one. That program would have nothing to do with the Trumps, it is a totally seperate charity program and it does help women in the middle east and Africa get small businesses going. If that is the same one that is, the name is pretty close. www.worldbank.org... rises-trust-fund
It could be a new fund though, hopefully this will get clarified.

Tried to put in the direct link three times, it will not work. The WLSME Trust Fund is the name I found.
edit on 21-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So money went to world bank and people are upset that it didn't go to Clinton foundation. Don't worry looks like they have their hand in this pile of cash already. You can find info on that. Now that they have $100 mil what will the Clintons charge for speaking fees

edit on 21-5-2017 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

She's jet setting around the world with her dad on the tax payers dime talking to the same groups of people as her father, the President, and just so happens to generate 100 million dollars in donations to a fund that she started?

You don't see how that directly contradicts the statement that she would not be involved in soliciting funds? You don't see that as a conflict of interests to whatever her unnamed position is in the White House? You don't see how this might be considered a little shady seeing how it was her boy Jared Kushner who set the whole arms deal up and his wife's project with the World Bank just got a huge donation?

All of that seems above board to you?

link   
what`s really sad is that the Saudi`s think that making huge donations to charities run by American politicians and their families is an expected and acceptable way of dealing with American politicians.
I wonder who they learned that from? and who gave them that idea?
edit on 21-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh me me!! How do i get my hands on some of that money to start my business?

Maybe if i just ask nicely. Ivanka may i please have about 100 grand? I'm not greedy. Pretty please?

I know. I'll follow her on twitter and ask her. Ya never know.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MajorAce
So money went to world bank and people are upset that it didn't go to Clinton foundation.

Sigh. The Clinton Foundation also used a bank to keep their money, HSBC, I believe.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Ivanka Trump is the assistant to the president. That is her title. Like it or not.

Now, how are you justifying comparing her having an idea that she has no stake in versus something like a PAC or foundation?

I'm not all on board with the arms deal to SA, same as the last administration did but that's not the topic here.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

There's no speculation about nepotism in the White House.

How is it that Ivanka and Jared Kushner, the same man who negotiated the 110 BILLION dollar arms deal are in the positions they're in?

Nepotism. Period.

Defined: the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Is she paid as a special assistant?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You cited it, too. The same article.

The White House issued a statement saying that Ivanka would not be involved in soliciting for her projects.

She's in Saudi Arabia with the President. The Saudis and the UAE donate 100 million to her project. Thus negating the statement the White House made that she would not be involved in any solicitations.

How much more can I spell this out for you?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Her being in league with the World Bank is the Big Story here, if you know your stuff, but your little smear attempt actually is more akin to beneficial subversion (in Trump favor) to divert everyone from the Big Picture.

edit on 21-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

How does what she's paid detract from the fact that she has an official position in the White House? Because she 'donates' her time and 'works' for free doesn't mean it's not nepotism.

She's exploiting her fathers position and her position within the White House to make gains that have nothing to do with the interests of the American people.

link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

You cited it, too. The same article.

The White House issued a statement saying that Ivanka would not be involved in soliciting for her projects.

She's in Saudi Arabia with the President. The Saudis and the UAE donate 100 million to her project. Thus negating the statement the White House made that she would not be involved in any solicitations.

How much more can I spell this out for you?

This is not her project. She has no oversight, as the source states. Next question would be why that is. See IIB's post above.
edit on 21-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

link   
After looking in to this a bit, and I welcome anyone to to come along and provide more context, there could be a potential problem in that there are many steps that must be taken for people related to the president, or those that may have access to WH influence, including the IRS, and must meet ethical requirements.

I'll wait for more info to come out, but it does appears that they may be sloppy in their approach, ethically.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ivanka Trump, World Bank Discuss Women Entrepreneur Fund (April 26 2017)

According to a senior administration official

The administration official, who sought anonymity because the project is in its early stages

Hmmm

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's laughable. It's not a smear campaign. How can you not see that there is a clear conflict of interests here?

Ivanka is given title, clearance, and power to sit down with the same groups of people as the President. A project of hers sees a direct gain because of that and all of you guys cover your ears and eyes and tell me I'm smearing the Trump's some how?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys crack me up.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If Ivanka benefits financially from this, like the Clintons did with the Clinton Foundation, then it is a problem. If she is just raising funds for a charity that she has no oversight or access to funds, it's a big nothing. I'll have to wait to see how this turns out before I can make a judgement on it.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Her being in league with the World Bank is the Big Story here, if you know your stuff

Yeah, that seems to be the most troubling part to me. Although I'm sure there are probably lots of good honest people who work with the World Bank.
edit on 21-5-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Can't be play for play because Ivanka and Trump doesn't own World Women Entrepreneur Fund. It is equivalent to saying Trump did pay for play for the Saudis paying the USA billions for the weapons exchange. He does not own the USA so it is not a pay for play like the Clinton foundation which they own. Please use logic and common sense people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join