It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you have a pool? can i ask you a few questions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
thanks for the replies all...
i think im going to get this one

www.walmart.com...-item

its cheap...if i can get a season out of it i will be happy.

i will put a little effort into getting the ground ready but im not going to get crazy.
shave the grass
throw down some sand
throw down a layer of plastic and that bitch is going up

the lady that runs the docks at work said she had one of these and it lased like 3 years

im in ohio so if i get it up this weekend i will have about 3-4 months. if it lasts that long i will feel i got my money's worth.

my daughter is out of pre school friday so she will be home every day. even though it is oho it gets damn hot. this will give her something fun to do.
it is deep enough for us

it is 30". i measured my daugher and she is 45"
i think thats perfect. she will be able to touch the ground and i will be more comfortable with that. she will never be in it alone....
gonna get some squirt guns so we can blast her. couple noodles.
chill time

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Man I wouldn't want to put that much sand on my lawn, but I suppose I don't know how big your lot is.

She's young enough she would probably have fun in one of those really basic hard plastic deals. No lakes, rivers or community pools nearby? I suppose getting there, parking etc. can be just as much of a pain in the ass.

Whatever you do, I hope you guys have fun!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Man I wouldn't want to put that much sand on my lawn, but I suppose I don't know how big your lot is.

She's young enough she would probably have fun in one of those really basic hard plastic deals. No lakes, rivers or community pools nearby? I suppose getting there, parking etc. can be just as much of a pain in the ass.

Whatever you do, I hope you guys have fun!

i have a pretty big back yard so a 12 foot area is no big deal. i have a 14 foot trampoline back there and still plenty of yard.
we usually get her one of those hard plastic pools every year but i want her to be able to move around. no lie i want to get in that bitch and cool off too.

we have a community pool about 5 blocks away but thats just not my thing man. i dont really like being around people. would feel way too vulnerable if we were all at a pool. no way i can do that

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

i have a pretty big back yard so a 12 foot area is no big deal

I think I'm making it way bigger in my head. It's 3 AM and I got into the vodka, couple that with my poor math skills and that pool sounds enormous.

no lie i want to get in that bitch and cool off too.

Totally get it.

i dont really like being around people. would feel way too vulnerable if we were all at a pool.

Totally get it. After I posted that I realized how disgusting and annoying I would find a community pool as an adult. Last time I went I was a teenager, and my buddy who was a lifeguard snuck a few of us in after it was closed. It's a little depressing to realize that was over 15 years ago. That being said, my parents had me go to swim class when I was a little guy, and I'm real glad they did.

Mind sharing a picture when you get it set up? Obviously nothing that's going to identify your yard, I just never get the scale of these things. The photoshop on the boxes of pools and pool toys is so ridiculously misleading. 30" deep and the adults on the box make it look like they could do laps.

I'm near Seattle and today was probably the first "hot" day. Already thinking about busting out the AC and just ordered two fans. I might buy one of those kiddie pools for the pup, and another one for me.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I will post a pic. It's not that big man. You have seen trampolines in people's yards? You can sit this pool on that tramp and it would not cover it all. Not a big surface area. You could set this pool up in a bedroom and still have room to move.
And yeah public pools are funky town man. People are nasty I'm general. Don't want to frolic around on their anus soup

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I've had those above ground backyard pools and was successful. The amount of filter changing depends on bathing load, heat and debris. Make sure you aren't around any trees. A cover is a great idea. In the middle of summer, I think we went through one brick of chlorine and one filter a week. You can easily hose off the filter and reuse if times get tight, they can be pricey. Also, I would stock up on those and the chlorine tabs as our local stores stop selling supplies way before the season ends.
I agree with the pumps, generally, being too small though. And remember to store it properly over winter. I've ruined a couple of pumps by NOT clearing out all water and leaving in the shed or crawl space, it froze. Sometimes, on line, you can find someone selling, fairly cheap, a bigger pool than you may have and buy it just for their pump.
Have fun!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Wal mart has a drawstring cover for 20 bucks I'm gonna get. Not worried about storage or anything. I'm planning on only getting a season out of it
Any more than that is a bonus

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Any updates? I'm going to buy an above ground pool (maybe around 15' x 8' x 4') and I'm hesitating only because this will be the first one I've ever purchased.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Domo1

I will post a pic.
And yeah public pools are funky town man. People are nasty I'm general. Don't want to frolic around on their anus soup

Yeah that doesn't sound especially groovy even with plugs your not safe
nothing even slightly rigid about swimming in public froth (good idea man)
I am not down with that

# 811
edit on 20-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Mines a pain i have a 12' by 36" for my kids i flush the filter daily (i have 2 kids and 3 hairy dogs), i have a floating clorinator and i test the water once a week vacuum it every other day...but its the price i pay for sanity over summer vacation. Its worth the headache if you have kids
edit on 21-6-2017 by MissCoyote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I have one of the quick set up ones. It works just fine and is super easy. It's basically like a big bag of water with that ring on top which floats. Because of the shape of it even when the top part deflates it still holds the water in which is nice because ours has a slow leak in it and doesn't stay filled with air.

The rest of it is pretty thick though and we haven't had any leaks of water at all. We leveled out an area and put down a tarp on the ground for added smooth surface area. The setup is really easy.

The pump system works pretty good, but you should buy a little chlorine floaty thing that you can put the tablets in and let float around in there or it will get green and yucky. You have to keep some extra filters on hand and change them out of the pump now and then. If you take them out and just spray them off that works pretty well so you don't need new ones all the time.

We actually got ours for half that price that walmart is selling it for from a deal on Amazon. But they work really good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join