It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's National Security Executive Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This one is of course the executive order of greatest importance, so much so Donald Trump signed it twice. Why didn't he amend the one he already signed instead of redrawing the whole thing up once again? Whatever the reason we can't get on without it.

Nicknamed the "travel ban", it went into effect swiftly and caused an uproar.

Trump Executive Order:
Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States
March 06, 2017
www.whitehouse.gov...

Trump Executive Order:
Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States
January 27, 2017
www.whitehouse.gov...

News articles are calling it the "revised" executive order. Here are links to them:

www.uschamber.com...

www.natlawreview.com...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Profundity

Is Saudi Arabia part of it?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

"The order temporarily suspends travel for individuals from Iran, Syria, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and Yemen for 90 days and will go into effect on March 16. It is important to note that Iraq was taken off of the list of countries subject to this temporary travel ban" (et al)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Profundity

He didn't amend the first one because it had a restraining order placed upon it by a federal court judge.

It was back to the drawing board.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

"The order temporarily suspends travel for individuals from Iran, Syria, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and Yemen for 90 days and will go into effect on March 16. It is important to note that Iraq was taken off of the list of countries subject to this temporary travel ban" (et al)

Yes. So where is Saudi Arabia in the list?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Saudi has a functioning guv and proper vetting.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Saudi has a functioning guv and proper vetting.

I guess their vetting improved since 9/11, never mind them funding terrorism.

edit on 5/21/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Not all 911 terrorist were Saudi.

Only 18 out of 19.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
First off how is banning them for 90 days supposed to keep anyone safe after the 90 days? 2ed whats to stop a terrorist from getting a fake passport that says they are from a country not listed on the ban? I really don't think trump supporters thought this through. I would say trump himself didn't think it through but what I really think is he knows full well this is meaningless but understands he needs to put on a show for his clueless fans. Hell i say let the eo go into effect because the only thing it would really accomplice is to shut up his supporters for a little while. Your being played. Don't be a sheep.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Not all 911 terrorist were Saudi.

Only 18 out of 19.

There were more Saudi terrorist on 9/11 than terrorist that have attacked America from those nations on the ban list.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
First off how is banning them for 90 days supposed to keep anyone safe after the 90 days? 2ed whats to stop a terrorist from getting a fake passport that says they are from a country not listed on the ban? I really don't think trump supporters thought this through. I would say trump himself didn't think it through but what I really think is he knows full well this is meaningless but understands he needs to put on a show for his clueless fans. Hell i say let the eo go into effect because the only thing it would really accomplice is to shut up his supporters for a little while. Your being played. Don't be a sheep.

Then you can say, "i told you so" after the next attack.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

What was stopping them before? Think.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The 90day ban was allegedly to give the gov't time to 'figure out a permanent solution'. 'cause apparently no one has ever thought about that before (yea right). But the real reason was to do something to make it LOOK like Trump was actually doing something. Smoke and mirrors. Even more so than healthcare, this is 'way more complicated than anyone thought'.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
The 90day ban was allegedly to give the gov't time to 'figure out a permanent solution'. 'cause apparently no one has ever thought about that before (yea right). But the real reason was to do something to make it LOOK like Trump was actually doing something. Smoke and mirrors. Even more so than healthcare, this is 'way more complicated than anyone thought'.

Precicely, this. It's nothing more than symbolism.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

The whole thing seemed odd because he was in a hurry to make it happen. Maybe intelligence got a tip and something was on the horizon that they needed to interrupt. Remember the refugee that died because he was denied entrance?

top topics

join