It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first world war 7000 years ago?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Mound builders I see. Here in AZ we have the Hohokam over around Phoenix. Hundreds of miles of large canals and many rock and land glyphs.
What I am looking for are large sophisticated rock structures like in other continents of the world...Machu Picchu, Saksaywaman, Urubamba Valley, Huaca Pucllana, the Sphinx, the Pyramids, Luxor, Temple of Hatshepsut. Not even the Roman and Greek style temples. Big difference between mounds and massive stone megaliths.
It is like North America was cleansed of all the history that made all other continents...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

There is no ancient nuclear evidence to interpret. None.

Looks like you forgot to do your research before incorrectly stating a fact.

The Workings of an Ancient Nuclear Reactor

Two billion years ago parts of an African uranium deposit spontaneously underwent nuclear fission. The details of this remarkable phenomenon are just now becoming clear

www.scientificamerican.com...

The article's explanation doesn't exactly add up imo but this is proof of ancient nuclear evidence in its natural form native to the universe as you claimed there was zero evidence.

Any thoughts?

I think there's more to that site than the article lets on....

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

There is no ancient nuclear evidence to interpret. None.

Looks like you forgot to do your research before incorrectly stating a fact.

The Workings of an Ancient Nuclear Reactor

Two billion years ago parts of an African uranium deposit spontaneously underwent nuclear fission. The details of this remarkable phenomenon are just now becoming clear

www.scientificamerican.com...

The article's explanation doesn't exactly add up imo but this is proof of ancient nuclear evidence in its natural form native to the universe as you claimed there was zero evidence.

Any thoughts?

I think there's more to that site than the article lets on....

You are correct. I was wrong.
The Sun is also nuclear you know. Lots older than that natural "reactor."

The existence of such natural phenomena was predicted in the 1950's.

So, is this thread about natural processes, or is it about ancient civilizations?

Harte

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

(and I"m saying that as someone who did a little bit of orienteering, which is a game of "walking through an unknown landscape to find points using only a compass.")

Braggart.

I'm the one that has the Merit Badge.

Harte
edit on 5/23/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well this is a pretty good description of a Vimana from the original Indian texts, I just struck me that Mercury vapour could be used as a form of internal combustion where in a loop it could be recommenced to be used as a permanent fuel. vatlantisquest.com...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: punkinworks10

Actually going back to the earliest story's about it the side of the skull opposite the hole is missing which CAN be interpreted as blown out but they did get one thing wrong, most bullet holes to a skull DO have radial fracturing and the interior side of the entry wound is also larger then the exterior side so you are probably correct but it was too tempting not to use and as neither of us are forensic pathologist's (unless you are?) your statement and that of the site's which host this skull as proof are both opinion not fact.

Honestly, there's no way that the missing section of the cranial can be interpreted as an exit wound. A. There are multiple abscesses on both sides of this cranium. B. The abscesses have calcification on them. This shows us that this particular individual survived the infection long enough for the bone to heal. And then there's the additional points such as citations leading to blogs, citing Childress who mentions experts that support this odd conjecture yet does not name any of the supposed experts in this field.

Toss in the source material attempting to claim Neanderthal remains in E. Africa and then making further claims that prove to me nobody involved in writing the article had a clue what they were talking about from an anthropological perspective. One example is the claim that it's a Neanderthal yet has some modern morphological features and other archaic features so it's an unknown hominid. Complete Bull pooty right there. The Kwabe skull is what we would have referred to as H. Rhodesiensis 50 years ago and today we know that it's an African H. Heidelbergensis and H. Sapiens direct ancestor.

Also an abscess of that type in the bone would be more likely when in reference to a previous break allowing infection or near to the upper jaw were bacteria could infect below/above the gum line and that is not the case, yes I know abscess can occur under other circumstance but don't you find it peculiar it is on the skull, of course it could have been a wound from fighting a rival that never healed properly internally but then the whole would show clear sign's of partial healing or pitting related to rampant infection would it not surely.

Why would it "surely" show these symptoms you believe are required? There are plenty of things that can cause an abscess if this nature. Particularly when concepts such as antiseptics and sterility aren't known yet. Hell, getting the wrong thorn stuck in the side of your face and not treating it properly can lead to infections very similar to this. On one hand, you're drastically overestimating the abilities of these people (not ape men as you claim earlier) by attempting to give them metallurgy and chemistry and then drastically underestimating them at the same time.

That someone was injured and suffered from such a severe infection and then to survive it, they must have known about some sort of natural antibiotics and they required concise verbal communication as well as a sense of community because someone that ill removes a resource from the group because that's one less person hunting or gathering and also removes others from that same picture because caretakers would be necessary as well.

This is something we have seen for hundreds of thousands of years. I've seen Neanderthal remains with amputated limbs with calcification scarring at the amputation site showing that the individual survived for quite awhile after their injuries and were then cared for by other members of their group as well. Members of our Genus have a long history of empathy and caring for the infirm, elderly and injured. Surviving a severe abcess is child's play compared to an amputation in the Paleolithic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Hi there peterv,
I have a question,
Who is running around the lakes region of africa, 300-250kya?

And totally changing tracks and gettimg back to the OP.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

By "Lakes Area" I'm assuming you're referencing East Africa/Kenya/Tanzania... if I'm correct in this assumption then the majority of Hominids during that period appear to be Heidelbergensis. Rhodesiensis was just a place holder name essentially prior to the discovery of Heidelbergensis in Europe. There is also the possibility of some Erectus holdouts lasting right around the time that Omo emerged in Ethiopia 195 KA and Idaltu 30-40 KA later and a little farther South.

If we go further South into modern day S. Africa, we find H. Naledi occupying a separate ecological niche in a geologically contemporaneous period. I'm digging through Berger and Hawks book on the Rising Star Cave discoveries right now as it just arrived Monday so I'm curious how they will fit into this increasingly complex and interweaving bush that once was our family tree.

If I mistook your meaning, let me know so I can provide a more accurate answer here.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Now you are making assumptions without corroborating your claim...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I actually started another thread on the Cherokees having Minoan DNA, according to this guy the dating of the Copper mines up in Canada are twelve thousand years, but the Minoan shipwreck which match some finds in Tennessee, seem to be much later. The Minoan Palace at Knossos has the Megalithic structure. If Santorini brew its top it would have wiped out the Minoan culture, so who knows how long ago it happened.
By the latest finds on the Canary Islands and the Azores, it might be that they stopped at the Canaries on the way out, to get the trade winds, and stopped at the Azores on the way back.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

(and I"m saying that as someone who did a little bit of orienteering, which is a game of "walking through an unknown landscape to find points using only a compass.")

Braggart.

Harte

I bow to your superior skills! I was just teaching a bunch of kids how to do it one long afternoon (after having learned it the previous day.) Nobody gave ME any merit badges (sniff, whimper.)

I was surprised at how easy it was for someone like me who grew up around compasses and reading paper maps (so topo maps made total sense) and how hard it was for the current generation.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I actually started another thread on the Cherokees having Minoan DNA, according to this guy the dating of the Copper mines up in Canada are twelve thousand years, but the Minoan shipwreck which match some finds in Tennessee, seem to be much later. The Minoan Palace at Knossos has the Megalithic structure. If Santorini brew its top it would have wiped out the Minoan culture, so who knows how long ago it happened.
By the latest finds on the Canary Islands and the Azores, it might be that they stopped at the Canaries on the way out, to get the trade winds, and stopped at the Azores on the way back.

First, Minoans did not exist 12,000 years ago and the Minoan Palace is much, much younger: en.wikipedia.org...

Santorini is well dated to aorund 1500 BC

Third, Cherokees don't have Minoan DNA. Cherokees are an Eastern Woodlands people who intermarried with white settlers (often Scots) in the 1800's. During the Trail of Tears, any who were obviously Indian (and hadn't "become white") were shoved into Oklahoma with many other Native Americans.

And third, the Palace at Knososs is built of small stones and columns, overlaid with plaster: en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not seeing how this is called "megalithic." It looks a lot like other buildings of the time

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Bryd,
did you see my thread about how refugees miners from Inqusition Spain(Moors ,Spanish and North African Jews), settled the gold fields of the georgia highlands very very early. There is even a jewish wedding prayer carved on a rock in the geogia highlands with a date in the early 1600's. A writer in the late 1700's documented several tribes of "white indians" that spoke a pidgeon hebrew.
The Cherokee are a result of the miners and Creek intemarriing.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Maybe should do some research .....

U235, the fissionable (with slow neutrons) isotope of Uranium has half life of 700 million years, it has a concentration
of .07 % ( 1 part in 140) in nature . 2 billion years ago (do the math...) its concentration was 5%

With ground water acting moderator the "reactor" was able to run for millions of years until concentration of
U235 dropped too low

Fuel rods for nuclear power plants contain about 3 % U 235

It was discovered when company mining the uranium deposit were puzzled by low levels of U 235

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

In 16th centaury Spanish planted a number of forts and outposts through Georgia (and as far as Tennessee) to protect
settlements in Florida from encroachment by English and French coming down from north.

They intermixed with local native populations as there were few European women I New World.

Many of these Spanish would have likely been Morisco (Moors converted to Christianity) or Jews - both fleeing the
Inquisition in Spain.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Many of these Spanish would have likely been Morisco (Moors converted to Christianity) or Jews - both fleeing the
Inquisition in Spain.

That was the opening line in my post.

The internet hoo haw about minoans and phonecians andf the like, comes from a reputable dna study that shows certain eastern cherokee carry dna profiles consistent with moors and iberian jews, a mix of north african=phonecian and estern med and levant= minoans.

There is an author from georgia that has done soem pretty god research into the subject.

One of the most fascinating parts of that story is, the gold and silver fields in those highlands drew Maya all the way from Mexico. In fact one of the rivers, in the region's, name is a Yucatan Maya word, that translates appropriately.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: The3murph
I am not sure about this theory but I find some of the sciences, archaeology in particular, to be incredibly pretentious and believe themselves to know it all. Even though it seems like every year they must revise the date of humans arriving in North America back by 10k years or so due to new evidence being found.

Doesn't that strike you as the proper response to new evidence?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Well this is a pretty good description of a Vimana from the original Indian texts, I just struck me that Mercury vapour could be used as a form of internal combustion where in a loop it could be recommenced to be used as a permanent fuel. vatlantisquest.com...

The text in question was written in 1000 AD. Odd, don't you think, that none of the hundreds of literate societies in the region ever wrote anything about seeing a Vimana?

Additionally, the translated text you linked is suspect in my mind. I have no doubt that the Samarangana Sutradhara tells of mechanical devices and vimanas, but R. Cedric Leonard is far too fringe for me to take at face value anything he wrote.

Just one example: your source states that Samarangana Sutradhara translates as "Battlefield Commander." It does not.
The phrase means "Architect of Human Dwellings." The book is 90% about architecture - nothing about battlefields and one chapter about mechanicals like automatons and vimanas.

I'd like to read it (I've been to the site you linked at least a hundred times over the years,) but there's no free online English version available and the translation of the book is two hundred dollars on Amazon.
There is an online Sanskrit version though. it's a pdf and you can read it here. Of course, you have to be able to read Sanskrit, but the preface is in English and there's an English language synopsis of the book's contents on page 15 of the pdf if you're interested in knowing anything about it other than the breathless woo of a Charles Berlitz collaborator.

Harte

ETA: This made me look again for the book. The price has dropped on Amazon to as low as 65 bucks. Not low enough for me to buy it, but it looks like there's some hope at least.

H.
edit on 5/24/2017 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Now you are making assumptions without corroborating your claim...

What, you want a video of me reading the Mahabharata?
I guess links to the very sections the "quote" mischaracterizes aren't enough?
Didn't someone mention wanting to find exactly what Donner linked in that old post?

Probably not you, eh?
Wouldn't want to ruin your sparkly worldview.

Harte
edit on 5/24/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Braggart.

Harte

I bow to your superior skills! I was just teaching a bunch of kids how to do it one long afternoon (after having learned it the previous day.) Nobody gave ME any merit badges (sniff, whimper.)

That's because the Boy Scouts are misogynists. It's even in their name. LOL

Harte
edit on 5/24/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join