It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman awarded 100k for starbucks coffee burns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If the corp did something to be liable, then I agree with you.

Head hunting corps for head hunting sake is not in the best interest of the consumer or the corp.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Is the coffee hot or HOT.

In the McD's case the corp went into the Bunn coffee makers and turned the heat up. This made the restaurant smell like coffee and increases sales. That is why corps loose lawsuits.

So hot coffee is hot, but not HOT.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dear god.

Coffee is hot?

Does anyone else know about this?

If you sell scolding hot products to the public you occasionally have some liability. Doesn't the corporation know about this?

If the corporation doesn't want to be a victim just don't sell to the public.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They did take her money. They didn't have to.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Is the coffee hot or HOT.

In the McD's case the corp went into the Bunn coffee makers and turned the heat up. This made the restaurant smell like coffee and increases sales. That is why corps loose lawsuits.

So hot coffee is hot, but not HOT.

i watched the vid and it didnt say that. not saying it wasnt true but the vid didnt cover it.
the vid said it is much hotter than your percolator at home.

i dont think those bunn percolators have temp settings so youre saying they went in and fiddled with the temp somehow?
i could see that being a problem if they adjusted something that was not supposed to be adjusted.

pretty sure most cups and/or lids say careful hot coffee.
for the people that dont know its hot

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I wish I could get $100,000 every time I was clumsy

Here's a tip, if you keep the coffee with the bottom of the cup always facing down to the ground, it will never spill, unless you're not very competent at keeping a cup of coffee upright, or you happen to be in the middle of an Earthquake in either case you should really avoid being anywhere near coffee

disgusting really that people can sue for this type of stuff

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Dear god.

Coffee is hot?

If you sell scolding hot products to the public you occasionally have some liability. Doesn't the corporation know about this?

If the corporation doesn't want to be a victim just don't sell to the public.

www.google.com...=how+many+cups+of+coffee+does+mcdonald%27s+sell+each+year

McDonalds says it sells one BILLION (one thousand million) cups of coffee each year nationwide. That's nearly 2-and-a-half million cups a day.

the vid said 700 instances in 10 years...
so out of 10 billions cups sold, 700 people got burned.
not too shabby

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I wish I could get $100,000 every time I was clumsy

Here's a tip, if you keep the coffee with the bottom of the cup always facing down to the ground, it will never spill, unless you're not very competent at keeping a cup of coffee upright, or you happen to be in the middle of an Earthquake in either case you should really avoid being anywhere near coffee

disgusting really that people can sue for this type of stuff

i always hold my # sideways...

no wonder i keep getting burned

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Like the other posted said, faulty user not faulty product

Putting a cup of coffee in your crotch is just asking for trouble, I fail to see why starbucks has to pay for the incompetence of a human

I'd be all for it if they were selling coffee that made people ill, but spilling your coffee ? that's your own dumb fault

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If I can no longer get my coffee hot because this lady sued because hers was ...

I mean, I drive the rest of the way to work after getting mine and like to still have a mostly hot drink when I get there.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
www.google.com...=how+hot+is+a+coffee+pot

If you use a drip coffee maker, you should periodically take a meat thermometer and place it under the water discharge head on your coffeemaker. It should read close to 200F. If you can't get to the head, check the temperature of the coffee coming out of the filter. It should be about 180F

just like the temp from starbucks and just like the temp from the mcdonalds lady

the vid said the coffee from the mcdonalds deal was between 180-200, 30 degrees hotter than your percolator at home.
sure does not seem so

so to me it looks like people buy hit drink
person spills hot drink
person sues company cause they spilled hot drink
noting is persons fault ever

seems about right
edit on 20-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Dear god.

Coffee is hot?

Coffe is best when brewed at 195 to 205. It is best served at 120 to 140. Serving at 190 ruins the taste and is dangerous. A jury sat there and listened to all the evidence. No poster on this thread can say the same.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I disagree. Either don't make your coffee scalding hot or have your idiot employees put the lid on right. They make them learn a new language, the least they could do is have them put the goddamn lids on right. This happened to me at Dunk's once with an ice coffee. It took all of my will power not to punch the kid in the head.

Don't blame other people because your hand lacks the dexterity to properly hold a styrofoam cup with the right amount of force.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This is a short version of the case, you will have to invest some time if you want the truth.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

That is a statement that means nothing.

You have no info on coffee temp, complaints from locations vs coffee temp.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Not only does 190 degree coffee taste horrible, it is a open invitation to a law suit.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Not what happened but thanks for the smart ass reply. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for such sparkling wit.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The money probably went to pay her medical bills, that is what usually happens in cases like this one.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Not what happened but thanks for the smart ass reply. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself for such sparkling wit.

So what did happen? Did the coffee jump out of your cup on its own?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: F4guy

Not only does 190 degree coffee taste horrible, it is a open invitation to a law suit.

im taking my thermometer with me tomorrow when i get coffee.
if that # is any hotter than 190.1 im gonna lawyer up fo sho

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join