It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prey 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Prey is one of those games that spent so much time in development hell it was bound to fail , I'm happy to report that Prey has emerged from development hell in triumphant success.

Prey could be seen as the spiritual successor to Bioshock , System Shock and the mighty Half Life games as it borrows elements from all three but it's also a fine FPS in its own right with depth and freedom of choice as to how the player proceeds , almost everything in the game can be interacted with and there are multiple ways to complete objectives.

For those who like a good Sci Fi FPS and have a Bioshock / Half Life itch to scratch this is the game for you ... or Yu.

Review of the game from ACG who's sentiments I completely agree with.

Prey is the best FPS I've played in a long time.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Seems like I'll be purchasing it then, thanks for the low-down

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I did play a lot of FPS games back in the day, so my opinion here shouldn't be discarded automatically.
I like some aspects of what I saw but I really just don't see the point of this game. It feels like it lacks Spirit. The reviewer could lack Spirit though and it's spilling over to the game, but overall I feel like the linear story - fps genre is extremely tricky to pull off correctly.

This is just from the youtube vids but I'll score it 1 being worst 10 being best.

Gfx n Sfx: 5
Story intrigue: 5
Concept: 4
Presentation: 4
Replayability: 2

I'm extremely hard to please though in terms of a FPS game.
I've been spoiled by massive open worlds, vehicles, highly replayable paradigms, etc.

I honestly wouldn't even bother with this game. Sorry. It's too little too late, IMHO.
I haven't sat down and played a proper game in years though, I've been really busy.

It just seems so bland and lifeless. The well developed interactive features aren't enough to pull me into being excited about it. The baddies seem really boring too. The 'mimic' concept is cool, but not enough to draw me in.

edit on 5/20/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
is this the sequel to the 2006 version of prey. with references to Cherokee mythology?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I love and hate this game. So freakimg jumpy

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It does look pretty decent from the vid.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The game has 5 different endings as well as two perk trees , one human one alien so the replayability is quite high I think , I'm going for an all human playthrough this time and a mixed alien human next time.

I honestly wouldn't even bother with this game. Sorry.

No problem , I'm just posting how it is for me if you don't want to play it that's up to you.

a reply to: luciferslight
There's no relation between this and the original which I also liked although it did get a bit confusing with all the portals , loved the opening of that game though.

a reply to: Aeshma

I love and hate this game. So freakimg jumpy

I know what you mean , I just had a big Typhon sneak up on me and scare me half to death.

edit on 20-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Well I watched the review and looked into it outta curiosity.
I wanted to share my honest review without any sugar coating.

For what it's worth, I give most games very very low ratings after review.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I tried to play the original on Xbox 360, but it was garbage.

When I started seeing adds for this remake I was just like, Why?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The original Prey 2 was a sequel but it was canned because the quality wasn't there , Bethesda gave the job of creating the new Prey to Arkane Studios , it has nothing to do with the original.

The original Prey was a good game , the Xbox 360 was garbage.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I was just posting this as I noticed you already had.
But the games are very similar (as 2 games with a 11 year timespan can be)

BTW , it was the copyright transfer to Bethesda that put the halt on Prey 2

edit on 5/20/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Prey 2 went into development at Human Head Studios after the rights deal to Zenimax but the game was canned by Bethesda,allegedly the game was in Alpha state but Beth didn't like it.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

Prey 2 went into development at Human Head Studios after the rights deal to Zenimax but the game was canned by Bethesda,allegedly the game was in Alpha state but Beth didn't like it.

Anyway , I am enjoying Prey (2017) as much as I did Prey (2006)
(But they did need to bring back Art Bell :lol

edit on 5/20/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Good to hear. I was wondering how it was going to turn out. I played a little bit of the original Prey on XBOX... Pretty decent game.

I know this new version is completely different, but I was hoping it wouldn't be a disappointment... I will look more into it, but this is probably going to be a must have for me.

new topics

join