It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Culture War: Get Out Of The Way White Cis Man- American Mathematical Society Article

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Just supposing for a second that they are correct and that everything in your initial post comes to pass as the article wants............surely then it would be exactly the same but in favour solely of Cis white males? So it would, in effect, be on endless repeat.

I don't think the people behind the article have thought it through properly!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I grew up in inner city philly .

should have moved to bel air

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

All you can do in life is seek opportunities. Opportunities are present in this nation for all people.

I'm an immigrant. Came here legally and grew up in poor Hispanic neighborhoods. Somehow I'm not a failure...maybe it wasn't the white people, but my choices?

You can go ahead and feel guilty for living your life if you want to. But where I grew up the choices were very clear. Run with gangs, sell drugs, and be in prison. That's the culture I grew up with, that is the culture I rejected. I was the only Hispanic kid in my neighborhood that could read and write English and Spanish, I was the only one who got decent grades and had an involved parent.

I made my choices. I didn't want to become another #ty gang banger or drug slinger. No white people ever held me back or tried to.

Instead of spreading passive-aggressive racism, maybe you should take a good long look at the choices made by those around you that you were "luckier" than.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
The point is to look in the mirror and be grateful for your privileges

I look in the mirror and see stubble I should shape (never shave off the stubble..just keep it at about 3mm..men look better with stubble).

I was born white
I was born cis
I was born male
I was born American.

These things are simply me and I will not feel ashamed nor victorious about them..its simply who I am.
What this stupid...stupid article is saying is that because of those 4 factors, you should feel privileged because of the hard work you did to attain the job

I never got a job because I was:
white
cis
male
american.
I got jobs because I studied and worked hard!

The article is trash and regressive. The article suggests hiring should be done on traits you were born with and not how motivated you are to contribute as a individual.
That is NOT progressive as a concept..(ironically it is considered "pro"gressive as a political movement).

Now, if the author wishes to suggest that being born into one of those factors makes a person objectively better as a person that can work harder as a natural effect, then that should be made clear..I look forward to the person then saying that white cis american men are genetically superior and create a unfair margin on workforce...like super robots would to say, manufacturing and assembly.
Because thats the only way this article makes sense.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

All you can do in life is seek opportunities. Opportunities are present in this nation for all people.

I'm an immigrant. Came here legally and grew up in poor Hispanic neighborhoods. Somehow I'm not a failure...maybe it wasn't the white people, but my choices?

You can go ahead and feel guilty for living your life if you want to. But where I grew up the choices were very clear. Run with gangs, sell drugs, and be in prison. That's the culture I grew up with, that is the culture I rejected. I was the only Hispanic kid in my neighborhood that could read and write English and Spanish, I was the only one who got decent grades and had an involved parent.

I made my choices. I didn't want to become another #ty gang banger or drug slinger. No white people ever held me back or tried to.

Instead of spreading passive-aggressive racism, maybe you should take a good long look at the choices made by those around you that you were "luckier" than.

See now were having good discussion

Thank you by the way for not flaming me and putting together a well constructed perspective.

I agree that by making good decisions can get you out of that life. That is true for some.

But I guess what I'm speaking to is that I have seen first hand people of color who have made all the right d escisions and who have great education.. excellent skills.. great work ethic.. get passed over constantly for lesser qualified white individuals.

Not in every case, but it does happen. and frequently enough that it is an issue.

It's why im so greatful to have what I have because my friends aren't so lucky

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree with you 100%

Never be ashamed of yourself

Never feel guilty.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm not saying to discredit yourself due to privilege. Your privilege doesn't take away from the hard work you put in and what you do. You are the same hard working food man.

What I'm saying is... recognize the struggle of others who work just as hard but get blocked from the same rewards no matter how big/small they may be.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

But I guess what I'm speaking to is that I have seen first hand people of color who have made all the right d escisions and who have great education.. excellent skills.. great work ethic.. get passed over constantly for lesser qualified white individuals.

You've seen that?
how have you seen that and know that to be the case?
Were you the one in HR making the decision? Maybe you just read some stories on the internet of people saying this and you took it on yourself as that being the full truth?

I have a friend of mine, Russ.
He is a white guy. wife and 2 daughters. He went to school with me. we did computer science/programming.
He did quite well in school, was a family guy who kept his nose clean.
He never got a job in the field he studied for because he sent resumes but never followed up. He did all the right things, but also lacked a bit of ambition when chasing the job bit. That mixed in with he restarted his whole career at 35 to focus on CS and companies see entry level positions for the younglings, so that combo made his degree a bit useless

Thats not oppression, thats just how the world works. He would have done better learning a applied skill in demand based on population density, like chef or plumber.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Gee whiz Infolurker............are you starting to "get it"?

Sorry guy, but the culture war was lost 30 years ago. This isn't about a culture war, this is about subjugation and oppression, pure and simple. And..............its working! Interesting side note, an excellent example is Mizzou.
thefederalist.com...

Its less a culture war than a movement to make the US the South Africa of the western hemisphere.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The funny thing about this post is now gay males are considered privileged. I guess that's a good thing.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Gee whiz Infolurker............are you starting to "get it"?

Sorry guy, but the culture war was lost 30 years ago. This isn't about a culture war, this is about subjugation and oppression, pure and simple. And..............its working! Interesting side note, an excellent example is Mizzou.
thefederalist.com...

Its less a culture war than a movement to make the US the South Africa of the western hemisphere.

LOL, that was a good story. About time they feel the repercussions of their own idiocy.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

how do you know that?
you know for sure the reason was skin color?

nothing to do with background check? drug test? salary requirements? schedule?

there are a lot of reasons that go into the hiring process so i dont know how you can say for sure it was about skin color

please elaborate

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What I'm saying is... recognize the struggle of others who work just as hard but get blocked from the same rewards no matter how big/small they may be.

But thats not based on skintone. most people have it hard in some way. Some more than other.

I would say the best thing to do in order to balance out things is to examine culture of any demographic. You are concerned about the black community and their poverty rates? well, what group is the best example of success in the west and study the contrasted differences.

(Hint: it isn't the white community that claims successful dominion..its the asians)

A culture of expectation of hard work, study, and humbleness being saturated on all levels of a community will suddenly make one feel less oppressed...but what the black community is filled with is messages of slinging blow, f-the police, gangsta thug life, women are objects. This programs communities and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Culture is not a privilege..its a choice. a black person doesn't have to identify as their root personality the black culture experience. Same with white, asian, etc.

Step 1: Stop blaming others and accept personal responsibility. until that point, you will never have control of your life.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I love how every time someone comes up with this approach to equally in the work forces they always leave out the disabled.

The disabled are under represented to a larger degree than any of the protected classes mentioned in the OP and not even SJWs think it fit to include them in this great white male purge.
edit on 20-5-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I love how every time someone comes up with this approach to equally in the work forces they always leave out the disabled.

The disabled are under represented to a larger degree than any of the protected classes mentioned in the OP and not even SJWs think it fit to include them in this great white male purge.

ever been to wal mart or mcdonalds?
theyre not under represented there

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It is but it begs the question, at least in my mind............just where the hell are the white kids supposed to go to college? France?

Now they can't even frequent one of the Student Centers at "American University".
www.thecollegefix.com...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It all boils down to "gimme gimme" crybaby attitude.

There are plenty of successful people of all races/sexes/religions/whatever.

The squeaky wheel always gets the attention you know?
It's all gibberish in the end.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
The funny thing about this post is now gay males are considered privileged. I guess that's a good thing.

Funny, yes, but also entirely expected. As power grows, one group will try to dominate - which means it has to stab the other groups in the back. Gay males were the obvious target, but it's still unclear who will be the next.

Most current analysis has white 3rd wave feminists as the dominant driving group; this would suggest that black cis hetero women become the next logical target (as they are the predominant threat because they bring together gender and race in one package, so they need to be removed) followed by black cis hetero males (who the white 3w feminists will never accept as equal, relying on them simply for numbers and muscle). Transgender will never be specifically targeted but will be gradually ignored, lacking the numbers to have any real impact once the feminists no longer need them.

Expect to see the major ideological battleground to be between the black & white female groups. That will get very nasty.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have noticed a massive amount of sjws themselves are rich white kids who have never worked a day in their lives.

I have seen straight white men passed up so many times in my line of work... The reason? Because the trans guy in the office who started 6 months ago had more experience and better qualifications. The gay guy got in over a cis white guy because he showed up to the interview prepared . The woman who didn't get the job who tried to sue had lied on her cv and had never worked in the industry. She was mighty miffed when she found out a black woman got the job.

I'm sorry that these rich kids have a problem with the rest of the world but the real world is calling. I have worked with all types of people, all walks of life. Never seen this bs people bang on about. Sorry if I have offended anyone but that's life.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeLovePutin
I'm sick of being hated upon because I'm a white male. Apparently I'm privileged. Yet, I don't have #. Apparently I'm a racist. Yet, pretty much all my friends are non-whites. Apparently I'm the problem. Yet, I'm a nobody. All this hating on white males, only because they are white males, is going to do one thing and one thing only; Create more racists on both sides. Good job Liberals for creating the extreme racism you pretend to be against!

Couldnt have said it better myself. However much of this crap you see in regular society, its far worse as a musician. This is real world stuff and is negatively affecting my life through no reason other than im a white male and wont apologize for it. People insenuate that im a racist. Which is why my friends are hispanic, native, black, and indian. And a canadien. Lol. And a few white folks too. I entirely do not care about a persons ethnicity. I only care about if they are a decent friendly person.

And yet... Oh the stories of two faced hipocracy about this stuff I have would fill a novel. I wont bore you all with it here.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

if you are a "white Cis Male"

How do I know if I am whatever the hell that is?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join