It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So bored at home; I need advice... ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Sometimes I move my furniture around if I'm bored.
I've been known to move entire rooms. My kiddos and I trade bedrooms on occasion and I have a habit of trading out the dining room and living room. I know, it's odd LOL.
I've been using up vacation time at work to work on a home remodel project (pays well here and it's fun...used to do similar for a living) and unfortunately, it rained here yesterday so no outside side job. I painted all of the trim in my house (rented) and the bathroom cabinets, etc. Killed a few hours. But, I like to paint.
Hope you are finding something to combat the boredom and hope your leg heals quickly/well.
I think I'd go nuts if I couldn't be physical. I work a job that is 75% sedentary and I can't wait for quitting time to get out from behind the desk! Interestingly, my kiddos bought me a pedometer type wrist thingy and I'm averaging about two miles a day through the week when working my regular job, lots more on the side job or on days off when we get to have fun. It's been kind of fun to track how much I do walk. It syncs to the phone so maybe you would enjoy something like that?
Some sort of exercise that doesn't involve lots of stress on your leg.

edit on 22-5-2017 by TNMockingbird because: rambling on and on and on

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Dude I windsurf every season even under 5 C temperature... I bike. I was playing a lil bit of soccer... I like to dance while alone as well. Imagine the pain I am going thru. Well I also depleted non-physical actions. Thanks for the nice message =)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I was a guitarwar.com guy for a few years and fell out of it.
I have a love/hate relationship with the guitar.
It can get boring very quickly.
I force myself to play styles I don't regularly listen to.
Although i'm a metalhead, lately i've been playing a lot of finger style acoustic utilizing various tunings and capos.

What is your preferred style?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
-Volunteer somewhere, I'm sure you could find something to do even if you're housebound (how bad is the knee?)

-Start learning to cook, you have to eat anyway

-Leatherworking, painting, drawing, writing, programming, photography

-Help out with a political campaign

-Find some local board game groups

-There are tons of free college courses you can take

-Wood burning, carving

-Get one of those cheap little raspberry pi's and start working on projects with it

-Fishing is awesome depending on where you live

-Look up indoor/patio gardening

-Model building

-I bought a couple of fun little soldering projects off of Amazon that I enjoyed

-Again I'm not sure how capable you are of walking, but geocaching is fun, you don't really need to be able to go on long hikes or anything, you can find them all over the place and also place your own

-Online dating

-Yoga (I'm sure you could find modified routines)

-Body weight resistance training (again probably can find modified routines that won't screw up the knee)

-Learn how to meditate

-Refinish old furniture if you have a deck or something

Here's a link with some good stuff, half of which I probably already posted.

edit on 2520170520171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Piano the best option. read books.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

My preferred style is improvising in Iron Maiden style, blues, and MY style haha =) Sometimes off beat stuff with a jungle vibe.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thank you very much =)

I am very interested in Raspberry Pi projects actually. I might get one soon. Planning to make a weather system to my marine aquarium which will copy the weater from a selected location and apply it to the lights. Rain and wind would require resources and maintenance so only lights I am thinking.

I think I decided what to do. I will record music for the industry a little bit and try to put my sleep schedule on tracks.

I will read about Geocaching as well.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Hope I helped!

I actually had fun messing around with a Raspberry Pi and making putting RetroPie on it. You basically turn the little bugger into an emulator so you can play all your favorite old school games! I got it all loaded up but got side tracked when it came time to download and install individual games. I should bust the little bugger out again. Please show us what you do with it!

Definitely check out Geocaching. I haven't done it in a long time, but it was really fun. I set up a cache near a local dog park I frequented with my pup on a bench and had a lot of fun watching people try to figure it out. I even helped out a time or two. One kid with his Dad was super excited he ran into the person that left one, it made my day!

Hey, I forgot a few.

-HAM radio, I tried to get into it as a survival skill, but I get impatient. Thinking about giving it another go
-Make your own apps
-Make your own video game (you may be sick of playing them but making them might be fun)
-Metal detecting
-Start a blog or your own website
-Swimming (not sure if that's OK with the knee)
-Traditionally female hobbies like knitting and cross stitch
-Shooting. Any kind, air guns, real guns, archery

I get the impression you're not in the US. You may have actually stated where you are, but I'm too lazy to go through the thread. Do you all have community centers? We have a place in most towns or counties that offer cheap classes and activities.

Have fun whatever you do! It kinda sucks that you have to invest in things with time and money to really get the feel for them and decide if it's something you want to do, but I suppose it makes you a more well rounded person.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sound's like a good plan! Good luck to you! Hope you heal up quickly!a reply to: belkide

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Oh great =)

Yes I am not from US. I am from Istanbul/Turkey. No need to cover any info about me so I can share this =)

So btw; I have been trying to get the emulators on my phone to work and play Amiga 500 games. I am soooo lazy to read pages of instructions and still trying to figure out. Bought some ROM; downloaded 2GB worth of diskettes ahhah. At least I want to play Prince of Persia or Sensible Soccer =)

Cheers for the new ideas also. Yes thats so right; we have to invest in stuff and work on it just to see if we like it or not. So I am kind of going for the stuff I already started and put some time in it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join