It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light beam over Georgia car crash could be Stairway to Heaven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

No, he's not a troll he's giving his opinion. The OP supplied the photo for perusal. Or was it only posted for believers.
You're the one trolling dude.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Clearly its a lens flare and nothing more. Just the way the sunlight is position in conjuction of the curvature in the windshield is obvious nothing more than a reflection.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I think we can be pretty sure what it's not...

A stairway to heaven.

When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get
What she came for.
edit on 5202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Stairway to heaven, one of my favorite songs.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: rickymouse

I like your response best Rickymouse, because you admit their could be lots of causes, rather than coming in with your explanation and acting as if you are dead certain, when in actuality... no one can be certain what it is.

I'm with you, it's probably God shining down his stairway so the souls of the departed can have a way to climb into the promised land.

I wonder why he doesn't do this for more tragedies?

How do you know he doesn't?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL praise jeebus!

-Or turn off your flash if you are going to rubberneck at an accident, and cause more problems.

It is a great story for religious folk though, the double lens flare from the flash looks like two souls going up a light shaft.

This may help comfort the victims family, so I am not going to dog on it too hard, it is a sad accident.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There have been countless photographs of deadly incidents in the past; why don't these have "stairways"? Or are all of those people non-Christians?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
LOL praise jeebus!

-Or turn off your flash if you are going to rubberneck at an accident, and cause more problems.

It is a great story for religious folk though, the double lens flare from the flash looks like two souls going up a light shaft.

This may help comfort the victims family, so I am not going to dog on it too hard, it is a sad accident.

And finally... the winner! I am surprised at how long it took for at least one ATSer to be sensitive to the whole topic of the story. Ya see, the Weather Channel is not pushing religion. They are simply showing how this ray in the shot, regardless what it really is, brought comfort to two grieving mothers. And that my friends, is all that really mattered!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

... and no-one raises any questions over the raised stud like thing sticking out mid-'beam'? I suppose it could be a spotlight on a pole, though.

It's obvious that the 'beam' is a reflection of a pillar from the car itself reflecting off the window through which the scene was photographed.

That is also an explanation of why the 'light beam' is unevenly bright across the middle. Like as if the pillar was curved. You can't exactly do that with a light beam.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Light beam over Georgia car crash could be Stairway to Heaven

Not going to hold my breath!
Here's another equally lucid article;

ARKANSAS CITY (AP) — A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sun roof during an incident best described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eye witnesses. Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced Jesus that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus.

"She started screaming "He's back, He's back" and climbed right out of the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everett Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene. "I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said.

She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus was gonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say. "This is the strangest thing I've seen since I've been on the force," said Paul Madison, first officer on the scene. Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was dressed up as Jesus and was on his way to a toga costume party when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow up sex dolls filled with helium which floated up into the air.

Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration, and said , "Come back here," just as the Williams' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into the sky as they passed by him, according to her husband, who says his wife loved Jesus more than anything else.

When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied "This is all just too weird for me. I never expected anything like this to happen."
Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It seems pretty clear to me that it's a reflection from inside a car and has no higher meaning..

Still if seeing that reflection offers some small measure of peace to those in the middle of a terrible,situation then I hope they keep believing it as long as they need.

Reality plays its role in all tragedies but it doesnt hsve to be the only role.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
HA!

The light is coming from the ground upwards, not the sky downwards!

The guy or gals pants where ripped in the accident.

The origin of the light is coming from his/her shinny white ar$e!

Coomba98
edit on 22-5-2017 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join