It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Colour Change.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

'At night they are primarily visible by self-generated light and only secondarily by reflection, and virtually all colors of the spectrum are reported, with a change in color often observed as the UFO accelerates.'

Dr J Allen Hynek - Speech to the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

The Emerging Picture of the UFO Problem

As Doc Hynek mentions above in his speech to the A.I.A.A sometimes UFOs have been observed changing colour (possibly due to acceleration) and there's some relevant speculative articles and info below about the subject from folks such as NASA's Paul Hill, the Rand Coporation and researchers Otto Binder and Dimitris Hatzopoulos.

Brightness and color changes are also noted, and while the sample is small (82 cases) NICAP found the following: Of the 25 cases showing a change in brightness, 23 of the changes occurred at the moment of a velocity change (a change of either magnitude or direction). Concerning the change of color, 23 cases showed a color change related to acceleration. While the supporting data are not conclusive, it appears that the spectral shift is to the red upon acceleration.

The RAND Corporation, 'UFOs: What to Do'

All UFO colors stem from energetic, ionizing radiation or radiations, generated by the UFO, which ionize the air.
Of all the visible colors, red and orange correspond to the least energy. They are also the two most common colors associated with UFO low-power operation, such as hovering or low-power maneuvers. The electrons have been given the ionization energy, but not much more, and cascade down in small energy drops corresponding to red or orange. This is statistically probable, as there are more small drops available than big ones.

UNCONVENTIONAL FLYING OBJECTS, A Scientific Analysis by Paul R. Hill

The glow / luminescence in various colours around the UFO (apparently shape depends on UFO's shape as well as its current maneuver, so the UFO's outline as seen by external observer can change), is thought to be due to ionization of surrounding air (atmosphere around the UFO "lights up", much like what happens in neon-lamps), hereafter referred to as "UFO plasma sheath". Brightness/color changes of the "UFO plasma sheath" seem to be related with thrust/acceleration

Resources about possible UFO physics/ propulsion / technology

Color Changes

Now we come to a different and more spectacular category - the UFO's (still mostly seen in the nighttime) that change colors.Here a remarkable pattern emerges in which the color changes are almost certainly related to the UFO's movements - hovering, speeding up, slowing down, descending, ascending, and high-speed acceleration.

A rough scale would relate the colors to motions in this way:

White - when hovering or moving at uniform speed.

Red and orange - when accelerating.

Blue or blue-white - at extremely high speeds.

Green - when making right-angle turns or performing other aerial maneuvers.

E-book

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There's also a good presentation here with Richard Thieme (one of the co-authors of UFOs and Government ) where he brings up Paul Hill's interest in the subject as well as some possible case histories below - as always if anyone has any opinions (or knows of any other potential examples) then please feel free to post.

Bethune Incident:

Suddenly its angle of track changed, its altitude and size increased as though its speed was in excess of 1,000 miles per hour. It closed in so fast that the first feeling was we would collide in midair. At this time its angle changed and the color changed. It then [appeared] definitely circular and reddish orange on its perimeter. It reversed its course and tripled its speed until it was last seen disappearing over the horizon

link

Testimony:

Since then I’ve learned from the boys upstairs why we saw different colours as it was coming toward us. The colours were around the perimeter. And it turned from a yellow to an orange to almost a fiery red and then almost a purplish-red. And they said that that had to do with the amount of energy being used or dissipated. It had to do with the UFO power settings. When it slowed down, close to us, in a fraction of a second, it was back to the yellow range. And it was foggy around it or a plasma mist.

Thread

Palmar Dam Incident:

Besides the incredible speed did the UFO display any other signals of a possible extraordinary origin?

Yes. A peculiar thing was seeing the object changing colors while increasing its acceleration. It went from yellow to orange then turned red. It moved away at an enormous speed until it disappeared from our sight. In a second attempt to intercept it, the object did the same thing: when the Pucara got closer, the UFO vanished at an incredible speed towards the West. Without much they could do the pilots simply quit the pursuit and returned to the base.

CRIDOVNI

The Bariloche Incident:

"At the moment when I started the last descent, I suddenly saw a white light which came directly on us at full speed in front of me, before instantly stopping at a hundred meters. When I started again the manoeuvers, the object made an odd turn to accompany our descent turn and to pace us at a hundred meters of us. After a while, the saucer, the size of an airliner, changed color, two green lights appearing at the ends with an orange gleam in the center which ignited intermittently,"

Flight Captain Jorge Polanco

Link 1 / 2

Other:

"The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".
Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone,Southern Australia,May 22, 1996

Thread

The white light moved about 90° to dead­ ahead position about 8-10 miles away at high speed estimated at about 800-1,000 mph where it changed color to orange and seemed to block the airliner’s path or risk collision, disappeared briefly, reappeared as an orange light again but standing still ahead of the airliner to the W.

Thread

Meanwhile,the object rapidly moved to an area northeast of the airport and once again hovered. Its colour changed from bright white to reddish orange. Through binoculars,Dickerson and others perceived it as flat and round;tongues of "flame" occasionaly extended from its edge..

Thread

UFOS change colour from blue to green to red.

Thread

edit on 20-5-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Great post...never read about this before. I'll bookmark for a later read.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

As Doc Hynek mentions above in his speech to the A.I.A.A sometimes UFOs have been observed changing colour (possibly due to acceleration) and there's some relevant speculative articles and info below about the subject from folks such as NASA's Paul Hill, the Rand Coporation and researchers Otto Binder and Dimitris Hatzopoulos.

Excellent thread premise, it seems like these color change effects are indeed linked to the UFO phenomenon and I've been pondering this myself for quite some time now. It's almost as if they sweep through the electromagnetic spectrum in terms of energy and emitted wavelengths.

Image Source: NASA

Changing colors (notably red, blue, white) were also reported during the 1896 mystery airship sightings (see thread here) and many other incidents.

I believe that looking for these kinds of emerging patterns in the huge data sets of historical UFO reports may bring us closer to the true nature of the phenomenon.

Related NICAP findings:

Study of Color Changes Related to Motion

A special study was made of cases in which UFOs reportedly changed color during flight. A sample of 82 color change cases was accumulated. In addition, 25 cases of change in luminosity or brightness (some overlapping the color changes) were singled out for examination. Could any pattern be discovered relating these changes to the motion or maneuvers of UFOs? (...)

The colors observed during acceleration were isolated. Shifts of color toward the red and violet ends of the spectrum were studied in relation to hovering, acceleration, etc. Cases in which white, or dark (absence of color) constituted one predominating color were examined as a class. Luminosity changes were similarly analyzed.

edit on 20-5-2017 by jeep3r because: text

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

I posted a story on "UFO and memory loss" an orb 200 metres away scared a spud farmer one night in 1981
It changed colour white, red and orange.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This is absolutely fascinating and I cannot believe I never thought to look at patterns of colors regarding UFOs and their behavior. I guess while reading various reports the whole 'it changed colors! and shapes!' gets repeated so many times you kind of begin filtering it out looking for the novelty rather than the similarities in each case.

Something that is probably completely unrelated but that sprang to mind immediately is red shift and blue shift with regards to the wavelength of light.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Oh man, you know ATS has gone to # when a thread like 'Transgender people are deranged' gets ten times more flags than this!

I've always thought it was related to electromagnetic propulsion, and the amount of energy required to accelerate/change polarity as you said. I remember reading that red is the hottest on the colour spectrum, yet it is associated with the lower power maneuvers? Though I suppose temperature/energy output depends on the material involved as well... but I would expect blue/green to be associated with lower power. But then, in the blackbody spectrum blue is hotter. Hmm.

Almost all of the UFOs I have seen were white lights, even when changing direction or accelerating. But maybe technology has advanced since a lot of these colour-changing accounts happened.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Excellent thread premise, it seems like these color change effects are indeed linked to the UFO phenomenon and I've been pondering this myself for quite some time now. It's almost as if they sweep through the electromagnetic spectrum in terms of energy and emitted wavelengths.

Thanks for the replies and thanks Jeep3r for posting that relevant NICAP report - pendulum motion is also a really interesting aspect and there's another case here from 1953 where a U.S. pilot witnessed a 'brilliant round white object with small ray-like appendages' descend in a falling-leaf motion - the object then reversed its direction and began to climb using the 'reverse falling-leaf maneuver' whilst changing colour from white to orange.

Also some other UFO colour change reported by police in this very freaky case from Wisconsin in 1975 (narrated by Mr Spock)).

Ashland, WI (AP) - Authorities in a four-county area of Northern Wisconsin have reported several recent sightings of unidentified flying objects, with nine deputies in Ashland and Iron counties saying they saw four UFOs at one time.

At the time of the sightings, officials said, police radios were garbled or went out of service and witnesses said they saw the objects moving, changing colors, and heading toward a common position in the sky..

Ashland County Undersheriff George Ree, who investigated, said he found no evidence of a landing. He left their home and drove about two miles to meet with deputies. Then, he said, he and the deputies saw four UFOs, one brighter than the others. They said the brightest one moved, changed colors, and then became stationary while three smaller objects headed toward it.

Thread

Cheers.
edit on 21-5-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another great thread Karl...

I'm speculating [from my own foo fighter nighttime sighting in 1976] that the presence of lighted alien craft during nighttime is due to photon propulsion. The fuel is photons, generated by two outer magnetic shields, when one shield collapses seawater against the other shield, inducing the creation of fusion plasma. The photons are then funneled to the heart [a micro-mini black hole] of the photon propulsion unit, rotated around the accretion disc and expelled at it's magnetic poles; then funneled to outlet thrusters and expelled with extreme thrust.

When the alien craft is in outer space, it simply uses starlight photons as fuel.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Oh boy... Where to start on this post.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Excellent thread. Oh how i wish a certain member no longer posting on ats who is an expert on this topic were allowed to post here again.

The colors are a good clue as to propulsion unit.
Ive noticed from my own observations that the blue colors often seen are going to be upsurped by red colors in the future more often.

Red shifted cerenkov radiation gives off less of a microwave footprint and signal than ordinary bluish grey/white cerenkov radiation. Makes the craft harder to detect.

Plasma sheath they figure. Plasma can be coerced into a parallel plate waveguide within which a Kerr effrect, initiated and controlled by electrical voltage, can alter the refractive index of EM energy in such medium. Which can be finnessed to match impedance with vacuum. The whole plasma field surrounding the vehicle is superconducting the quantum vacuums EM vacua. Pretty neat huh.

With that lots of stuff can happen. But observing colors and causes is probably a laymans best bet at decipheting how these marvelous vehicles work.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

How are you proposing that the Kerr effect lowers the refractive index? Or are you suggesting that the necessary impedance isn't 377 Ohms?

A superconducting plasma would be nice. But where did that come from?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

The plasmas not super conducting. A soliton phase conjugate laser turns the plasma sheath into a plasma bubble. There it functions in conjunction with the skin of the vehicle as a parallel plate waveguide in which you can induce the kerr effect, create a dielectric field inside the space between the plasma and the vehicle. Alter refractive index. Do it in accord with EM vacua. Match impedance. Make compton wavelength of em vacua accessible by coupling bosons from superconductor via induction to dielectric outside of craft.
edit on 22-5-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I'd forgotten that the refractive index in a plasma can already be less than one, so I thought you were suggesting the Kerr effect was doing something odd. Grad school is starting to push things out of my brain I guess.

But now it's clear.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: framedragged

The plasmas not super conducting. A soliton phase conjugate laser turns the plasma sheath into a plasma bubble. There it functions in conjunction with the skin of the vehicle as a parallel plate waveguide in which you can induce the kerr effect, create a dielectric field inside the space between the plasma and the vehicle. Alter refractive index. Do it in accord with EM vacua. Match impedance. Make compton wavelength of em vacua accessible by coupling bosons from superconductor via induction to dielectric outside of craft.

I believe the magnetically contained plasma shield surrounding the starship is super conducting, because the swirling plasma currents create an electrified and magnetic shield of it's own. Of course...somehow the starship must be protected from the heat and neutron radiation of the fusion plasma by possibly having a seawater shield; hugging the outer hull of the starship.

The electrified plasma, can also be used as a defensive an offensive weapon, not to mention the use of fiery reddish orange low power plasma for landing zone locations ---- Used for clearing out brush an such ---- But for the hi-power bluish-white plasma phase [I saw that nighttime foo fighter in 76, in both power phases, though I did not see the craft perform the transition phase --- from bluish-white to reddish-orange, because of 1 minute duration between my two UFO sightings], it could also possibly used as a weapon of mass destruction, but we haven't seen it --- as of yet --- being used offensively against us --- But both power plasma phases looked mighty destructive both in size, mass and weight; according to my eyewitness observations of the positively magnetically contained plasma shielded alien starship.
edit on 23-5-2017 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 23-5-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well it's nice to see some healthy speculation even though I´m ashamed to say I don't understand the science behind much of it - tip to English researchers, drop the U in colour.

www.cohenufo.org...

edit on 24-11-2017 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
[Brightness, i.e. light intensity, is proportional to the number of photons passing a given area per unit of time. The UFO ionization energy has two components: 1/ energy level (ref: electron Volts @ wikipedia) and 2/ amount. The former influences the colors of the UFO plasma sheath, whereas the latter, i.e. the amount of ionizing energy per unit area per second that a UFO emits, influences its brightness.

Extract from Paul Hill's book about the fuzzy UFO outline:

"The phenomenon of ionized and excited atmospheric molecules around a UFO also ties together a number of related mysteries about the UFO. It accounts for the general nighttime appearance of the UFO: the many observed colors, the fiery, neon-like look, the self-illuminating character, the fuzzy, indefinite or even indiscernible outline, yet an appearance of solidity behind the light. In the daytime the same plasma is present, but usually invisible. Morning and evening, it is partly visible. The ion sheath also accounts for some daytime UFO characteristics such as a shimmering haze, nebulosity of the atmosphere or even smoke-like effects sometimes observed. The absorption characteristics of the plasma can also partly account for the daytime hazy or smoky appearance of the atmosphere around the UFO. When the surrounding illumination is brighter than the plasma, the plasma absorption may be greater than its emission, making it look darker or hazy." -- Hill, p.54

Regardless, the nature of the phenomena is one thing and the technology is another. Not unlike the difference between gravity waves and utilization of gravitational waves through space-time.

You guys/gals haves ome good points though

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: "soliton phase conjugate laser "play4keeps

Didn't Lazar allude to that or diagram it somewhere?

LOL

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The plasma shield [surrounding the alien starship], simply absorbs radar and sound wave --- Making the aerial alien craft silent and radar stealthy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join