It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's that smell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So, not really a Rant, but the only other suitable forum was Chat, and being mostly an anti-social Lurker, I'd prefer to not have to talk to any of you!

I just counted the number of times the word Trump appeared on the main page (Sad, I know).

34 times, and that's only the threads that mentioned him by name in the title or small associated blurb. Most of the other threads also have something to do with Trump in some way as well.

I would never dream of asking people not to discuss these issues, whether For or Against, but I can't be alone in thinking it's starting to get a bit overwhelming, particularly for some of us that are not from the US (though I appreciate the reach his decisions and actions have).

Does there really need to be a thread for every new development? Could maybe all Trump threads (including this 1 - In before....) go in a Trump forum, and then bring back that feature allowing you to remove forums from your personalised homepage? This feature may still be available. I'm not great at navigating this site! It may also never have been available, can't be certain these days!

Anyway, 34 times.
I'd think by anyones standards,
That's a whole lotta Trumps.

No wonder this place is starting to smell funny...

edit on 19-5-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: its a secret

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

Not to reinvent the wheel here but if you didn't do this:

mostly an anti-social Lurker,

you could change the outcome a tad.

User generated content. All of it.
edit on 19-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I hear you, but you guys used to get by just fine without me posting stuff.

Like I said, I'm not saying don't talk about trump (I hope I was clear enough on that point).

Just wondering if it can be organised better so it doesn't make the main page look like nothing but politics, specifically US politics.

edit on 19-5-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hard for me to not sound like an a-hole here so don't take it as such.

You are not alone in your thinking. The first thread that popped up with similar content as yours had 200+ flags IRRC.
What you will notice is that the same 20 or so posters are making most of the content.

Also, there is a way to remove forum subject areas from your view (i've not done this).

I hear ya for wanting it consolidated, and that would require a rework of the boards into some sub-boards. Not that it can't be done but so you know, it's asking a lot.

U.S. politics right now is where the conspiracy is at for the moment. It reverberates throughout the world.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It doesn't help that there are instantly 3+ threads on every single anonymous leak within minutes of the leak.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I thought for sure you were referring to "Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?"

Dwayne Johnson kicks off 2020 run

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's become a competition between the supporters and detractors. Each side seems to feel the need to post regarding every single development with their particular slant. I agree it's becoming quite overwhelming. However, it's quite simple not to click on them.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm too lazy to write the thread but they (tptb) dropped the rape charges on Asange. We could all rant about that. Pretty much hate anything political right now. In my smoker at work is a whole pig we smoked for a stupid tv event. The pig is amaazing though. Wish we could smoke more politicians............
edit on 19-5-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Sausage fingers are the best fingers

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What's a drop in the ocean? About as much as the chances of one person changing ATS. The condescension and rudeness is seriously becoming a problem and I fear this site has permanently changed from an alternative site to a "mainstream political talking points" site.

I wish ATS would create a completely separate forum for politics, maybe call it "Above Politics" or something or at least give us ways to filter out certain topics and forums from our experience here.

The front page is all Trump all the time, that's not alternative news, it's mainstream news.
edit on 5/19/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If Hillary won it would have a been a lot more the other way!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hard for me to not sound like an a-hole here so don't take it as such...

No worries here bud. I'm 1 of the people starring your posts, if that counts for anything (which it doesn't, but why not!).

And I hope you don't think this was some sort of star and flag grab by replicating previous threads. I do recall reading similar rants before.

As previously pointed out, I'm a lurker (the anti-social bit is debatable), so I wouldn't even normally bother writing a thread, but I just saw so many Trumps, I had to count them, and by that point the rant was written!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The only reason I mentioned the number of flags is because if each one of those people that flagged also posted a thread a day, or every other day, even once a week, it would even out the board a little bit more.

If you want to be anti social and simply lurk, that's fine. By all means do you thing, but don't knock the information being presented if you're not presenting any yourself.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I thought it was yo mama? What, did I violation the TOS? Damn it. Oh come on, it's funny. It's Friday night. Give me a break.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, that's mostly what I'm talking about.

I suppose It's always been a trait of this site (and I'm sure others as well) that threads get started for the smallest piece of new info, when they should just add to the existing thread, but it seems much worse when it's concerning Trump. I don't even think the 2012 thing swamped the boards as much as this has.

ETA: I may have got you slightly wrong. If you were meaning multiple threads for the same piece of information, I always assumed Mods deleted any that were above the 2 allowed (specific forum and Breaking News, if i've got that right?), but I'm quite often wrong...

edit on 19-5-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2017 by AbdulAlhazred because: to delete the previous bit that said the reason why I edited.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
In my smoker at work is a whole pig we smoked for a stupid tv event. The pig is amaazing though. Wish we could smoke more politicians............

Don't ruin your smoker with cheap meat. Make jerky out of the bastards.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I wasn't at the time as I was unaware of that (not a Native of the US),
but I most definitely am now!

PSA: The point of the OP is now VOTE DWAYNE JOHNSON 2020!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

No Doubt,

but I don't click on them. My entire homepage is pretty much about Trump in 1 way or another. The homepage used to be a good mix of topics, but it's mostly politics these days.

I think JinMi said it's possible to remove forums, so that may be what I'm looking for. I recall hearing about the feature, and then seeing someone complain about its removal, so assumed it was gone.

If anyone has any tips on how to do this, it would be appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join