It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do moderators read U 2 U messages between users?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As the topic indicates, do the moderators read U 2 U messages here?

I couldn't see the answer in the TOC's.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Not sure but what do you think?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm sure a mod will be along to answer... but for now...

This question has been asked before, and I believe they said something like they don't unless there is a need to, such as if a user reports another for inappropriate behavior or something like that.

But keep in mind - This forum is owned by ATS, and I'm sure the admin have full rights to everything posted, including private messages.

The best advice for anything you do on the Internet - and I do mean EVERYTHING that you type that goes across the Internet in any way - always assume that whatever you type is going to be on the front page of CNN tomorrow. That is the only way to survive. A wise man told me that once.

edit on 5/19/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Hillary?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well, I'm sure they *can,* but I doubt they read every U2U unless it's a message to a mod, or it violates the T&C.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeliocentricFantasy
a reply to: BlueAjah

Hillary?

Yeah... someone should have given Hillary that advice.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Well, I'm sure they *can,* but I doubt they read every U2U unless it's a message to a mod, or it violates the T&C.

How would they know it is a violation of t&c without reading the message?

Magic?!?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: Liquesence

How would they know it is a violation of t&c without reading the message?

Magic?!?

An alert by the recipient.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Only the raunchy ones, the rest are far to boring

In all seriousness, you have no privacy .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jafo1973

Not sure but what do you think?

A lot of forum software locks out even moderators from reading U 2 U messages, it's why I ask.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'm sure there are levels of security. I'm sure that admin can read them, but perhaps not normal moderators.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No.

Well, only thru remote viewing. Then they do that flashy thing and we can't remember what was said.

Seriously, only SkepticOverlord and only with an allegation of abuse or law-breaking.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

OK.

I was just joking around but I really am not sure.

If you have something private to discuss I think you should be careful. I don't know if a chat room on a conspiracy website is a safe secure place.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
No.

Well, only thru remote viewing. Then they do that flashy thing and we can't remember what was said.

Seriously, only SkepticOverlord and only with an allegation of abuse or law-breaking.

Thank you for the speedy response.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
A lot of forum software locks out even moderators from reading U 2 U messages, it's why I ask.

Most forum software locks out admins as well, but there are ways to get to the messages. Moderators don't have that type of power, and even for admins it's time consuming when they have better things to do. As with anything cyber security related, don't be the low hanging fruit and you'll be ignored in favor of better targets.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

There is a very good thread in the RATS forum, which you should be able to access now that was posted last July:

In there your question is answered. As kosmicjack stated the short answer is: No, we can not read member's PMs.

The only person that can is SkepticOverlord, and only if a member says they are being abused, or illegal activity, and then again ONLY after he has to jump through several hoops to change the forum code to do so.

SkepticOverlord, Springer, All the admin, super mods and moderators value the sacredness of privacy in the PM system we have here.

Never mind. Forgot we do not allow links to RATS threads.

edit on 5/20/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I see it was answered.

edit on 20-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

top topics

join