It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemen strikes Saudi Arabia capital Riyadh with ballistic missiles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

It's a Yemen built ballistic missile. Iran gave them the blueprint.

edit on 19-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It is, but no one said war was intelligent. Yemen, no matter which group you're talking about, is seriously outclassed, so they're going to fight an asymmetric war. Whatever works.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Russia dropped tens of thousands of bombs in Syria and it did nothing. Saudi Arabia is nowhere close to Russia's firepower. If Saudi Arabia thinks it can bomb Yemen into submission, then it should think again.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Read the title & immediately hoped it hit the palace. Civilians don't deserve to be caught in between SA & Yemen chest-thumping.

I sure hope it hit the palace.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Ok ok... I can't shoot the messenger.

So what stinks about this. A Missile managed to land in Riyadh Saudi Arabia from somewhere in Yemen. So there is 550 miles of flight from the Yemeni Border.

So the Yemen Government has the tech to pull this off? Not buying it. Was it aquired by a foreign government... IRAN... South Korea...

And who launch this Missile? Yemen Government or the Terrorists within it's Borders. πŸ™„
Neither one has the funds to do this. Especially against Saudi Arabia if they know whats coming.

This has to be BS.

Yes Iran supplies the rebels in yemen. Everything in the middle east is a battle between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Including what's going on in syria.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hey woudnt it be nice if all of yall who dislike trump got your wish and a MIssile from Yemen kill him? OH wait..then we would glass yemen. Oh well Omelet and eggs.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It is, but no one said war was intelligent. Yemen, no matter which group you're talking about, is seriously outclassed, so they're going to fight an asymmetric war. Whatever works.

In wars such as that isnt it better to kill everyone instead?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm going to have to trust you on this.
Holy Crap On a Cracker.

I was unaware of previous engagements by Yemen till i saw your post. Which side is irrelevant i suppose at this point. I do realize the Ship that was taken out a few months back that was at sea... but wow. Man am I Ignorant at what can be hashed.πŸ˜‘

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘...
As i said, I'm pretty ignorant to what's been going on.

Edit: ( to what really may have been going on )
edit on 19-5-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Lucidparadox

Feb 5th:
mobile.almasdarnews.com...

Feb 16:
www.presstv.ir...

Feb 14:
m.ndtv.com...

Dec 2015:
m.ndtv.com...

m.ndtv.com...

March 28:
gulfnews.com...

There are more as well. They're using the Patriot right now, which isn't as capable. This isn't a case of "we're interested in THAAD" followed by "oh look, they suddenly used ballistic missiles on us, make THAAD cheaper". They have a need of a capable anti missile system.

Reality has no place in the make believe world of America hating jihad loving terror supporters. Their current excuse to rally for jihad is fake Trump news.

The last thing the enemy wants is the Saudi Royal house standing, so making sure they stand strong is as American as apple pie and Chevrolet. We can trade them anything they want, they got the oil to buy it, and Trump negotiating a better deal for them is pure genius. What a change from Obama allying with Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood. Iran is the regional problem, without them all these conflicts go back to cavemen throwing sticks at each other while the world's tankers slog on day by day. Yemen with ballistic missiles? Where did they come from when they cannot even form a government?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yemen has a pretty robust ballistic missile program. They have several Iranian designs, along with some Russian missiles.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Pity they didnt level it to the ground .

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Xcathdra

Western MSM is on Saudi payroll. They won't report it. Al Masdar News has contacts on the ground and they know about it.

so no, there is nothing confirming this.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Short-range tactical ballistic missiles including the Soviet Scud-B and C, North Korean Hwasong 5 and 6, and the Soviet Tochka – as well as rockets – continue to be launched from Yemen into Saudi Arabia – a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.[1] Houthi forces also appear to have taken Soviet SA-2 SAM missiles and re-worked them as effective anti-ground targets, dubbing the new missile β€œQaher-1.”[2]

Yemeni security forces purchased many of these missiles in the 1990s and early 2000s from North Korea before being captured in the past few years by Houthi rebels.[3] As such the proliferation threat comes not from official Yemeni security forces, but from Houthi insurgents and their alleged sponsors – Iran and Hezbollah – who have seized power amid the chaos of Yemen’s plunge into civil war. Sec of State John Kerry has come forward declaring intelligence indicating Iranian support for Houthi forces, although this is disputed by both Houthi officials and Tehran.[4] The exact capabilities of the Houthi insurgents are mostly unknown; yet, the proliferation of ballistic missiles to non-state actors operating in Yemen is widely evident, and continues to pose a threat.

missiledefenseadvocacy.org...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Pity they didnt level it to the ground .

Threads like this......it's like counting sheep.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Short-range tactical ballistic missiles including the Soviet Scud-B and C, North Korean Hwasong 5 and 6, and the Soviet Tochka – as well as rockets – continue to be launched from Yemen into Saudi Arabia – a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.[1] Houthi forces also appear to have taken Soviet SA-2 SAM missiles and re-worked them as effective anti-ground targets, dubbing the new missile β€œQaher-1.”[2]

Yemeni security forces purchased many of these missiles in the 1990s and early 2000s from North Korea before being captured in the past few years by Houthi rebels.[3] As such the proliferation threat comes not from official Yemeni security forces, but from Houthi insurgents and their alleged sponsors – Iran and Hezbollah – who have seized power amid the chaos of Yemen’s plunge into civil war. Sec of State John Kerry has come forward declaring intelligence indicating Iranian support for Houthi forces, although this is disputed by both Houthi officials and Tehran.[4] The exact capabilities of the Houthi insurgents are mostly unknown; yet, the proliferation of ballistic missiles to non-state actors operating in Yemen is widely evident, and continues to pose a threat.

missiledefenseadvocacy.org...

Interesting, the same John Kerry that made it his life's work to cave in to Iranian demands ensuring they can support terror for years to come.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Thank you for that info.
Something to educate myself with over the weekend.

I'm being completely honest. I never thought of Yemen as a defense tech savvy nation. Now i have to see what their GDP ( gross domestic product) is.

It's been the training grounds in my learnings since the 1970's for terrorist. So it must be strategic more than anything. And why no strikes from Djibouti is beyond me.😐

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What crazy odds are those?
An arms deal announcement: and an apparent attack, proving defensive arms purchases are justified.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: allsee4eye
I don't think starting a war counts as an impeachable offence. Not legally.

War, legal. Pick one.
When war is on the table, all legalities are off the table until a victor, then laws are made in favor of the victors.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Pretty good considering they've been getting hit by them for at least two years now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join