It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Told Russians That Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So good morning folks. Let's discuss which member of the trump admin is a person of extreme interest in the Russian probe.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Secret?
Really...Secret?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So good morning folks. Let's discuss which member of the trump admin is a person of extreme interest in the Russian probe.

Let's:

Paul Manaford offered his services as a propagandist to Russia. He was the campaign manager for pro Russian Ukrainian politicians. His daughter privately claimed he had "blood on his hands." It is believed he has large offshore banking accounts. He joined Trump's campaign by offering to provide his services for free. (Presumably, someone else would compensate him.) Shortly after he joined the campaign, the party softened its stance on the Russian occupation of Crimea. Pure coincidence, no doubt.

Then there's former General Michael Flynn, who was fired as the head of the DIA. The reason given was that he was a bad administrator, but that's the sort of thing an experienced President might say to allow the fired individual to save face. Despite having lumped Russia together with Iran as America's most dangerous enemies in his published writings, he had no compunction about sitting at the same table as Putin to celebrate RT, Russia's flagship propaganda organ in the west. Of course, this was probably because RT paid him tens of thousands of dollars for his expertise as a "defense analyst." Flynn joined the Trump campaign early on, as they both shared similar views on Iran. Meanwhile, he was secretly taking money from the Turkish government to act as their agent. He also spoke with the Russian ambassador and lied about his contacts with him for some unknown reason. When acting Attorney General Sally Yates warned the President about Flynn's suspect activities, Mr. Trump responded swiftly. He fired her. Although Flynn was let go, he offered to testify in exchange for immunity, and we all know what that means:

Then there's Carter Page, who reputedly made a secret deal to end the sanctions in exchange for shares in Russian energy giant Rosneft.

Speaking of energy giants, let's not forget former Exxon CEO Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who negotiated a multi-billion dollar deal with Russia prior to the sanctions. Ironically, his opportunity to exploit his situation is so public that he is the only member of this administration who actually seems to be acquitting himself honorably! (Yes, when Trump leaves office I would welcome Tillerson over Pence any day.)

ETA: Oh, you mean which remaining member of Team Trump is a person of interest? That would have to be soon-to-be-Ex Attorney General Sessions, who has already had to recuse himself from the investigation.

edit on 20-5-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I'm getting g that it's someone still on the job.
Kushner or sessions. Sessions did meet with and lie about meeting with the Russians.
Why do they keep acting like they're hiding something?

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: alphabetaone

You brought her up.
Just sayin...

Did you just defend me silly?!

I always knew we were secretly friends.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Me, personally, I do not consider Russian Government to be an 'enemy', nor do I consider them to be a 'friend' either. Either way we shouldn't be taking a hostile position toward them nor should they toward us. I have many friends in Lithuania, the Ukraine, Russia and they are very good (if not terminally dark) people. They do not represent the Russian Government much as many Americans do not think that what they do does not reflect the US Government's actions.

Russia is a very complex state. It's often difficult to glean who is your friend from who is your nemesis because of that. Yet, just because we shouldn't make lame attempts to alienate them from US interests, does not mean we should take one of our most highly respected law enforcement individuals and guillotine him in public fashion to them much like ISIS beheads their alleged enemies for the world to see. Even if everything about Jim Comey were true (it isn't) he would have deserved far better than that.

For those supporting this ridiculous scenario as it has played out, I'm hoping, for your sakes, that your boss doesn't fire you, then before letting you leave the premises makes sure to make a loud announcement to all of your former co-workers (even if theyre all lies) exactly the particulars of why you are being let go...all to embarrass you. I wonder how quickly you would take that boss to court.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

My money is on Kushner.

Kushner was in the meeting with Flynn at Trump tower with Kisylak in December.

Flynn had the connections with Russia, but Kushner was who Trump trusted as the brains in his administration...the guy Trump thinks will solve Middle East Peace.

I think people confuse Trump protecting Flynn with Trump protecting Kushner...If Flynn goes down, Kushner follows.

Just speculation..

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

My money is on Kushner.

Ok. But what is/was his motive?

ETA: I mean sure money as a motive, is that all? Or do you mean something beyond that? I personally think Kushner too simply because he became far too a prominent figure in the White House in far too short a period of time. Just curious to hear your thoughts.
edit on 20-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Kushner is interesting.

His father was convicted of 18 counts...Bribery (illegal campaign contributions) Witness tampering, tax evasion etc.

In the summer of 2004, Kushner was fined $508,900 by the Federal Election Commission for contributing to political campaigns in the names of his partnerships when he lacked authorization to do so.[12] In 2005, following an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey,[13] U.S. Attorney Chris Christie negotiated a plea agreement with Kushner, under which he pleaded guilty to 18 counts of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.[14] The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators; Kushner hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.[15][16][17][14] Kushner was sentenced to two years in prison[15] and served 14 months at Federal Prison Camp, Montgomery in Alabama[18][19] before being sent to a halfway house in Newark, New Jersey to complete his sentence.[18][19][20] He was released from prison on August 25, 2006.[21]

en.wikipedia.org...

Know who the Prosecutor was? Chris Christie..

Jared fiercely defended his father..And it was big headlines at the time...

Jared never forgave Chris Christie and many say it is the reason Christie got booted from team Trump.

Motivation?...Don't know. I don't think Jared would need a reason beyond Trump telling him he wanted secret communications and negotiations with Russia and a path to lifting sanctions.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't think it's Kushner. Trump has bent over backwards for the guy.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Also...It came out that Jared was the one that met with Kislyak at Trump tower with Flynn in December.

This was lied about repeatedly afterwards...No meetings, conversations, contacts with Russia by team Trump before taking office was the false talking point.

Flynn was offered as a scape-goat...Trump asked Comey to call it a day and let it go...

But no one pursued the question of Jared and why he was in that meeting.

I think Trump's firing of Flynn and asking Comey to be satisfied and drop it was him trying to head off what came next...Jared+Russia...

Could be wrong...But the chatter is "SENIOR" WH Admin official and Jared is Trump's wonder boy there.

Hell if it was Bannon, people would just shrug their shoulders and mumble "of course"

Priebus is too Mainstream and cowardly to risk his neck that way.

It would have to be someone loyal to Trump and ethically indifferent.

Jared fits that profile...Even after his father hired a hooker to seduce his brother in law (Jareds uncle), had it filmed and then tried to blackmail his brother in law into not testifying against him. And then went ahead and sent the tape to his sister(the B-in-laws wife) when the guy testified? Jared still loyally backed his father...it was just business and all good.

Just my thinking...

edit on 20-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yep, and then there's this!~

The Trump administration is exploring whether it can use an obscure ethics rule to undermine the special counsel investigation into ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russia, two people familiar with White House thinking said on Friday.
If the department did not grant a waiver, Mueller would be barred from investigating Kushner or Manafort, and this could greatly diminish the scope of the probe, experts said.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 20-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I don't think it's Kushner. Trump has bent over backwards for the guy.

According to the leaks...Its a SENIOR WH Admin Official...

Not Reince...He would never risk his own neck for anything like that.
Bannon?...Been marginalized and is too smart to put himself in a vulnerable position like that.
Sure not McMasters...Not Conway..Not Spicer..
Sessions?...Not smart enough ...would have been caught, exposed near immediately and outed fully before confirmation.

Kushner is the one that avoids the microphone and spotlight and yet remains one of Trumps most senior and trusted advisors..

Again...Just speculation.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Kushner is interesting.

His father was convicted of 18 counts...Bribery (illegal campaign contributions) Witness tampering, tax evasion etc.

In the summer of 2004, Kushner was fined $508,900 by the Federal Election Commission for contributing to political campaigns in the names of his partnerships when he lacked authorization to do so.[12] In 2005, following an investigation by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey,[13] U.S. Attorney Chris Christie negotiated a plea agreement with Kushner, under which he pleaded guilty to 18 counts of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering.[14] The witness-tampering charge arose from Kushner's act of retaliation against William Schulder, his sister Esther's husband, who was cooperating with federal investigators; Kushner hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law, arranged to record an encounter between the two, and had the tape sent to his sister.[15][16][17][14] Kushner was sentenced to two years in prison[15] and served 14 months at Federal Prison Camp, Montgomery in Alabama[18][19] before being sent to a halfway house in Newark, New Jersey to complete his sentence.[18][19][20] He was released from prison on August 25, 2006.[21]

en.wikipedia.org...

Jared never forgave Chris Christie and many say it is the reason Christie got booted from team Trump.

Motivation?...Don't know. I don't think Jared would need a reason beyond Trump telling him he wanted secret communications and negotiations with Russia and a path to lifting sanctions.

Booting Christie was a smart move no matter whose team he was a part of. Living in NJ I know precisely what Mr. Bridgegate is capable of and he was a huge (cmon now! lets leave his weight out of it!) liability.

I dunno man, for anyone to blatantly say "hey I want secret communications and negotiations with a Foreign Government" would have been really folly...even for President Trump, but given some of the things he's said that almost defy sanity, you could be right!

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is where we learn if Rosenstein is a straight shooter or has pledged loyalty to Trump.

If he works for Trump...then the Mueller appointment was a ploy, selecting a member of a law firm that had represented Manafort and Kushner...knowing they could ban him from investigating Kushner or Manafort and gut the investigation.

If he is independent...he will grant the waiver letting Mueller chase leads wherever.

This is also where congress needs to keep in contact with Mueller and have public updates, so their is constant transparency if roadblocks and impediments are put in Muellers way by DOJ.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 20-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Kushner is interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

I dunno man, for anyone to blatantly say "hey I want secret communications and negotiations with a Foreign Government" would have been really folly...even for President Trump, but given some of the things he's said that almost defy sanity, you could be right!

For some people morals are paintings on walls and scruples is money in Russia...

Trump is not bound by facts, truth or integrity...He measures actions by personal benefit and appearances..not substance, truth, morals etc.

His second characteristic is a massive ego supported by his current "success" in weathering his being exposed in all kinds of lies. He thinks he is untouchable...He really does believe he could get away with "shooting someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight"...or whatever he exactly said..

He has a select few people close and loyal to him that trust him without question...Jared is one of those people...Jared still defends his fathers actions to this day.

Bannon? Rience? Spicer?...those guys would throw Trump under the bus the moment the train goes off the tracks...they are loyal only during the ride.

Jared?...Different relationship...He and Trump share a deep worldview where they believe everyone is corrupt and anything goes as long as you don't get caught...and Jared is smarter and wiser than Trump.

I think Jared is in deep trouble...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think Jared is in deep trouble...

I think we all are...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yep, and then there's this!~

The Trump administration is exploring whether it can use an obscure ethics rule to undermine the special counsel investigation into ties between President Donald Trump’s campaign team and Russia, two people familiar with White House thinking said on Friday.
If the department did not grant a waiver, Mueller would be barred from investigating Kushner or Manafort, and this could greatly diminish the scope of the probe, experts said.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

IT may be obscure But it is lawful to do so. And we are a nation of Laws. No matter if they are bad or good.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well, that would mean that the Deputy AG deliberately appointed a special counsel that would be unable to properly investigate leads. I'm pretty sure there's a law against the Deputy AG deliberately sabotaging an investigation.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: yuppa

Well, that would mean that the Deputy AG deliberately appointed a special counsel that would be unable to properly investigate leads. I'm pretty sure there's a law against the Deputy AG deliberately sabotaging an investigation.

Proving it would be the issue. And that one would be a very tall order.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join