It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC: This Latest Trump-Russia Leak Smells Like a Coup Attempt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"Peggy was a good girl, we make an effort to be her friend, treat her fair, be nice to her. Did I mention she is untrustworthy, smelly, and needs fired from her job?"

JFC

Can the dbag reporters give it a rest for a GD day?

Makes me wonder if the MSM is subsidized.

Cause' I can tell you right now that people are waking up to the propaganda and they are not going to have any viewers left.

I know I don't really read any msm now that they removed comments sections.

It is just a propaganda echo chamber.

Just tune in for your daily dose of anxiety.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: edited

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This opinion piece is specifically about the leak of details about the classified information given to the Russians by Trump. If that was a coup attempt, it wasn't a very good one as anyone who pays even a little bit of attention knows that the president is the ultimate authority on what is or is not classified and can at will declassify ANYTHING and share it with anyone.

While it might be embarassing, nothing about that particular action would be remotely impeachable. Beyond that, even if the leak was about an impeachable offense, it's not really much of a leak. It's an anonymous person saying the President has loose lips. Great for generating negative press, not particularly useful for triggering impeachment.

It is interesting that the leak happened in the first place. I imagine that for such a high level meeting, there were very very few people in attendance. Clearly, assuming the leak is legit, there's somebody in the inner circle who didn't take the loyalty pledge seriously (that's sarcasm).

Keep an eye out for a staffing change.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Time for evidence! If they have any at all.
11 months and still, not one shred of anything real.

Psst we are not supposed to ask for the evidence. We should take it as face value that Trump is guilty despite any proof and russians are EVIL! Evil i tell you. EVIL! DId i mention that russians are EVIL? Here is a reminder they are. True story.

It's still mindblowing that nobody of the Trump haters is wondering why all the intelligence agencies just waited until Trump took office to accuse him. Are they just trolls and thought to themselves "Hey do you know what would be truly a troll for the ages?" "No what?" "We watch Trump getting elected president and then hahahahaha listen we hahahahaha we accuse him with a bs story and just watch people going apesh!t and after they are all reeling and squirming we come out and tell them it was all just a joke." "Brilliant let's do this sh!t."

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Jake Novak
Senior columnist, CNBC.com

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Pretty scary that these people are supposed to work for the public and to inform them and keep them up to date with the truth and facts. They are all suddenly backtracking like crazy. I guess the memo wasn't real after all. Oops.

Funny, I thought people in the media were just out to make money and didn't really care about truth and facts.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Jake Novak
Senior columnist, CNBC.com

And you believe this isn't an opinion piece, correct?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It was a good try but the Trumpees are not going to lose their persecution complex anytime soon. Although you make a reasonable argument, it does not support the "right" narrative.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It was a good try but the Trumpees are not going to lose their persecution complex anytime soon. Although you make a reasonable argument, it does not support the "right" narrative.

Are you on a Jenkem bender again?

How is the entire media turning on someone not persecution?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's still mindblowing that nobody of the Trump haters is wondering why all the intelligence agencies just waited until Trump took office to accuse him. Are they just trolls and thought to themselves "Hey do you know what would be truly a troll for the ages?" "

And thing is, all of the intelligence agencies have repeatedly
Said there is no evidence of collusion. None!

Trolls... I suspect there are Clinton paid trolls here
and paid opinions in this thread.

edit on 19-5-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Care to reference a valid source on criteria for impeachment?
Or even a valid source?

Also care to compare credentials with a Senior Columnist from CNBC?

edit on 19-5-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Pretty scary that these people are supposed to work for the public and to inform them and keep them up to date with the truth and facts. They are all suddenly backtracking like crazy. I guess the memo wasn't real after all. Oops.

Funny, I thought people in the media were just out to make money and didn't really care about truth and facts.

The ratings and quality of content don't suggest that at all, quite the opposite in fact.

edit on 19-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Agreed.
He fired comey I believe because he gave a pass to clintons.
Now the liberal media are just making stuff up.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

They're actually worse than how the GOP treated Obama. Maybe that's what they mean by progressive.... progressively worse every day

Damn right. As much as the Republicans hated Obama, they never came close to this level of venom.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: knoxie
hysterical! the republicans impeach a president for lying about a blow job.

democrats are concerned about possible collusion and cover-up in the white house - THE HORROR!

Even better...
The Blowjob President sold US technology to the Chinese for campaign money.

And NO ONE was concerned, Democrat or Republican.

Worse still, it was missile technology that allows for multiple-warhead nukes. And the collective bipartisan response of Congress was an indifferent shrug.

But one of Trump's people sends a handful of e-mails to Da Big Scary Russians(TM), looking to establish a better international relationship, and OMFG!!!!!!!! it's treason.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trolls... I suspect there are Clinton paid trolls here
and paid opinions in this thread.

I'm pretty sure at least a few of the regular posters on ATS draw income from the DNC.

Curiously, a recent thread that dealt with the Kurds featured a poster who I'm damn sure was a shill for the Turkish government.
edit on 19-5-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
hysterical! the republicans impeach a president for lying about a blow job.

democrats are concerned about possible collusion and cover-up in the white house - THE HORROR!

Actually no, it was lying under oath.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Giving credence to baseless rumors is worse than opinion pieces.

The MSM has been selling these rumors as truth with nothing to back up their story.
At least opinion pieces are sold as such.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Seems like the theme for both sides lately...It would be great if we could all just stick to facts and stop pretending that our opinions are facts.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Oh, so now they're not "FAKE NEWS"?

Just as prognosticated.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Another person confusing an opinion piece with actual reporting. It's no wonder people have the idea of the media in their heads that they do.

It seems beyond the ability of a lot of people to differentiate between an opinion piece on a news site and actual news.

That falls squarely on MSM. Editorials used to be clearly marked "Editorial" to avoid those misperceptions. With all of MSM thinking they deserve the next Pulitzer, the "reporters" all "report" everything as fact as soon as they hear a rumor, just like a bonch of high school girls (with apologies to high school girls everywhere). As mentioned before, and not attrbuted to me, there is no longer "breaking news". It is mostly all "breaking opinion"...most with zilch, zero, nadda, nyet of even a crumb of evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join