It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC: This Latest Trump-Russia Leak Smells Like a Coup Attempt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is CNBC reporting:
Shocking, but finally competent report coming from the MSM!

The attempts to push Trump out of office may be illegal.

While I don't necessarily agree with the assessment of Trump's performance;

First, let's be clear: President Trump has been sloppy, arrogant, and just plain misguided plenty of times during his short tenure in office — including the way he handled the firing of FBI Director James Comey and the hiring and firing of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. And if he did unnecessarily compromise the source of the sensitive information he shared with the Russians, shame on him.

But a president cannot be removed from office for arrogance and sloppiness. The Constitution sets specific grounds for impeachment. They are "treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanors." To be impeached and removed from office, the House and Senate must find that the official committed one of these www.cnbc.com...

Lastly:

For all the things President Trump has said that have dragged down the level of our American political discourse, this sustained takedown effort is worse.

Here on ATS a witty member called this before CNBC did !
DBCowboy

Are We Witnessing An Attempted Coup?

All of those daily Anti Trump threads and baseless Muh Russia
conspiracy theories.

This won't change that because of several things....

Putin Derangement Syndrome is real.
Hillary lost.
Trump insulted the wrong person.

Get over it!!!

edit on 19-5-2017 by burntheships because: Add DBCowboys name, fix brackets

edit on 19-5-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I hear that lots of media outlets come to ATS and snag information from here.. It wouldn't surprise me if the writer of that piece saw something here, it made sense to them, and they decided to run with the story...

When you see the Harvard study (also posted here on ATS) stating the media bias on Pro-Trump vs Negative-Trump ads/stories is very telling... I'm glad others are beginning to see what we all see here...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If what Comey says is true, and I am 99% sure it is, what is that? Obstruction of justice. I pointed out before, trump says he did not URGE Comey. He does not say he did not suggest, or ask him to. In trumps eyes, that may be why he himself believes what he is saying. Like I said also its the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" only MUCH more serious!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Pretty scary that these people are supposed to work for the public and to inform them and keep them up to date with the truth and facts. They are all suddenly backtracking like crazy. I guess the memo wasn't real after all. Oops.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

99% true based on What?

We don't even know what was actually said between Trump and Comey...

Highlights the problem here - people assume and trust whatever they're told by the media...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Pretty scary that these people are supposed to work for the public and to inform them and keep them up to date with the truth and facts. They are all suddenly backtracking like crazy. I guess the memo wasn't real after all. Oops.

I honestly feel these media outlets should be held responsible if they run with a story without verifying the contents first.. Meaning, if a supposed memo is out there stating "this or that" you must wait until that memo comes to light. No more anonymous sources, because they typically are not credible.. People were calling for impeachment and DOJ investigations into a memo that likely never existed.. And if it does exist, Comey should be implicated for not reporting a crime that was committed. Holding secret memos as "aces up your sleeve" for later dates is not how our government/federal offices should operate..

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Stunning!

I gotta bad feeling that guy may be out on the street looking for a job in a few weeks.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Is this the same Comey that stood against a wall to blend in?

In any case, he Comey already said under oath there was no
request to end the investigation!

+3 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is a very relevant part from the link in the op:

"If anything, these constant attacks coming from this obviously angry and potentially illegal place are only strengthening the resolve of Trump's base of supporters. They elected a guy they believed was truly the enemy of the established political class. And right on cue, the established political class is stopping at nothing to prove them right."

No way to church this up: we ARE witnessing a literal political coup by leftist/globalist and their lapdog media propaganda machine.

Justice or karma one needs to set this right before it is too damned late.

Congratulations, ATS, the world threatening conspiracy we have all been looking for for years is finally undeniably here.

Now the question is what the hell are we going to do about it.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Another person confusing an opinion piece with actual reporting. It's no wonder people have the idea of the media in their heads that they do.

It seems beyond the ability of a lot of people to differentiate between an opinion piece on a news site and actual news.

link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

99% true based on What?

We don't even know what was actually said between Trump and Comey...

Highlights the problem here - people assume and trust whatever they're told by the media...

When it suits their agenda.

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I hear that lots of media outlets come to ATS and snag information from here.. It wouldn't surprise me if the writer of that piece saw something here, it made sense to them, and they decided to run with the story...

That and they floated an impeachment poll
and found out Americans are sick of this crap
and don't buy into the lies!

When you see the Harvard study (also posted here on ATS) stating the media bias on Pro-Trump vs Negative-Trump ads/stories is very telling... I'm glad others are beginning to see what we all see here...

Hopefully, yes! They have nothing except a dozen
Media outlets and a bakers dozen of ole corrupt Dem windbags.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

They're actually worse than how the GOP treated Obama. Maybe that's what they mean by progressive.... progressively worse every day

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

If what Comey says is true, ...

Can you quote Comey directly?

I was under the impression, "what Comey says," is nothing but third and fourth hand information from anonymous sources and Comey himself has not been directly quoted anywhere.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
hysterical! the republicans impeach a president for lying about a blow job.

democrats are concerned about possible collusion and cover-up in the white house - THE HORROR!

+7 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

democrats are concerned about possible collusion and cover-up in the white house - THE HORROR!

Even better...
The Blowjob President sold US technology to the Chinese for campaign money.

And NO ONE was concerned, Democrat or Republican.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Time for evidence! If they have any at all.
11 months and still, not one shred of anything real.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If Trump threatened Comey, Comey would have been fired a lot sooner than several months later, don't you think?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

If what Comey says is true, and I am 99% sure it is, what is that? Obstruction of justice. I pointed out before, trump says he did not URGE Comey. He does not say he did not suggest, or ask him to. In trumps eyes, that may be why he himself believes what he is saying. Like I said also its the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" only MUCH more serious!

And as myself and others have pointed out, why did he SIT on this MUCH more serious information? Because he was trying to blackmail Trump, not the other way around. What is that? Extortion.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: knoxie

Even better...
The Blowjob President sold US technology to the Chinese for campaign money.

And NO ONE was concerned, Democrat or Republican.

Well that's because our economy would crash without an increasingly productive slave labor force, but that's the subject for another thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join